New album thread: discuss here. #Magic

1 hour ago, Andra said:

A year full of Madonna

No. I'm not ready for fake Madonnatripe exclusives written with zero real info :lol:

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

No. I'm not ready for fake Madonnatripe exclusives written with zero real info :lol:

Excuse me very much but they have a VERY good track record and would NOT publish such info without it being factual, otherwise they'd be burned to the stake if it turned out to be false. So save your hate for when it's appropriate!

10 minutes ago, rebelheart said:

Eurovision basically confirmed then... so single in May, album in June, Tour in September/October...

At this point that seems impossible. When will she make the tour announcement and when will the tickets go on sale? months before the album? She's touring spring 2020 at the earliest.

2 minutes ago, robster said:

Excuse me very much but they have a VERY good track record and would NOT publish such info without it being factual, otherwise they'd be burned to the stake if it turned out to be false. So save your hate for when it's appropriate!

Sorry???????

What track record?????? 

5 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Sorry???????

What track record?????? 

Go back and do your research, Tribe has in the past been pretty right on the money with release schedule news!

5 minutes ago, Andra said:

At this point that seems impossible. When will she make the tour announcement and when will the tickets go on sale? months before the album? She's touring spring 2020 at the earliest.

They said she is touring in the fall so end of year, tickets will probably go on sale around the time of Eurovision if she performs so in May, would be great promo for European dates. Tour reheasals will probably start in June/July...

5 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Well that's fine but they're like the most reliable source we have. And if their info doesn't turn out right, that'll only be because she decided to change the release date to an even LATER one.
If they say May, we ain't getting the single earlier than May. period.

Just now, rebelheart said:

They said she is touring in the fall so end of year, tickets will probably go on sale around the time of Eurovision if she performs so in May, would be great promo for European dates. Tour reheasals will probably start in June/July...

I hope so!

5 minutes ago, robster said:

Go back and do your research, Tribe has in the past been pretty right on the money with release schedule news!

hopefully tribe is just jumping to a conclusion due to the eurovision rumour - i just cant see her sitting on a finished album for 5 months infact longer if the first single is released in may then the album may be even later - i wish she would just say give us a clue on instagram i just hope the anitta track she recorded is released earlier to build up some buzz - im going back in my coma wake me up when the single is out 

Tribe have been consistent in the past and are always on the money. Mtribe must have contact "now a days" with Interscope because during the Rebel Heart era they gave many exclusives that were real.. like the singles, they knew all the singles before the official announcements.

Another good site to mention is News-of-madonna who gave information like the Rebel Heart Tour setlist that were not the ones Madonna annunced on her IG when she was teasing the setlist, for example among others and also pics of the stage as well as the rumors of Arenas being booked in France for September

At any rate both sites I have mentioned are certianly more reliable than DrownedMadonna tbh. (what a weird name for a site anyway)

I trust them and our insiders here

1 minute ago, BrendanT1993 said:

Tribe have been consistent in the past and are always on the money. Mtribe must have contact "now a days" with Interscope because during the Rebel Heart era they gave many exclusives that were real.. like the singles, they knew all the singles before the official announcements.

Another good site to mention is News-of-madonna who gave information like the Rebel Heart Tour setlist that were not the ones Madonna annunced on her IG when she was teasing the setlist, for example among others and also pics of the stage as well as the rumors of Arenas being booked in France for September

At any rate both sites I have mentioned are certianly more reliable than DrownedMadonna tbh. (what a weird name for a site anyway)

It does make sense to be honest and it just depresses me lol ..i was expecting something much sooner ...just hope the album doesnt leak after sitting on it for 5 months

Summer Release for the album? ! I don't blieve that. I think more of something like first single in april with album release early May. A Tour starting in fall could be  true.

at such moments I hate her. Why do we need to write “soon” in May last year, if more than a year is before the release of the album? she likes to test patience. a painful wait before the show, a painful wait before the release of the album ... it gives her pleasure.

3 hours ago, samosamosamo said:

Guys i really love the woman but something really went wrong with her marketing from one point on. 

It is almost as if people working for her and in part madonna herself didn't really know what Madonna the artist is all about. 

I know plenty of people who recognize she was immense but think she is just dreadful now. And it has nothing to do with her age and much more to do with lack of control of her image. The woman had a immens instinct but it's Normal that change with time. Then you need a team that knows what's right and to inspire her. 

I was was shocked when the stupid Molly thing happened during MDNA. That wasn't Madonna

This is what I don't understand. How can an off the cuff remark OBVIOUSLY made in jest be taken so incredibly seriously?? That's what shocks me. That remark is totally in line with her sense of humor. She's caught shit for similar "off the cuff" remarks since then and each time they cause "outrage" I'm seriously shocked at how literal and incapable people are of putting things into perspective and context. She made a bad joke about "Molly" at a dance music festival FULL of HIGH AS FUCK people. Where's the outrage in that?? If anything it was her trying to "connect" with the audience more than anything....lol. I don't think anyone actually THERE took issue with it. It was all the online commentators with their lips pursed and 15 inch sticks shoved up their ass that were so "outraged". I'm sorry....but this kind of this just REALLY gets under my skin because it's just incredibly fucking stupid....not her comment but the reaction to it.

2 hours ago, Katypatra said:

Ok here we go. This is the problem. The Molly thing shocked you. Oh dear. Who is Madonna then? Someone who should be afraid to be ironic and silly? There was nothing wrong with that Molly comment. She poked fun at the audience. She knew they were all high as fuck and so did Deadmau! Yet he acted as tho M was a criminal! His entire fucking music is created to induce drugs! Talk about hypocrisy! 

Exactly! He can pretend (prob while he's high af as well) that drugs don't play a big part in that world but we ALL know the truth when it comes to that. 

2 hours ago, Andra said:

A year full of Madonna

Yayy can't wait! Bring it Madonna!

14 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

It has definitely grown stronger.  I have followed Madonna since the start and have always known the hatred she has received.  However,  lately there has been an obvious push to completely downplay her and I see it all the time.  The way now that her Superbowl performance is either deliberately not talked about or  treated like it was trashed everywhere when it was so loved and acclaimed.  Articles claiming that she was never in the same league as other superstars in fame and influence.  Articles by her own "fans"  apologizing and wringing their hands about liking her and even agreeing that others are far more talented etc. .  Sorry, but not burying my head in the sand.  It is up to Madonna's team to address these dreadful lies and downplaying of her.  She deserves so much better.   The most influential and popular female singer of all time should never be treated like this. 

THIS!! Great post Jazzy! 

I think Madonna said it best during the Billboard speech in 2016 when she said "the most controversial thing I've done is to stick around." It's really scary actually because rewriting history has become easier with the explosion of social media.....maybe not rewriting but certainly putting alternative narratives out there that aren't necessarily true. Had Madonna disappeared after Vogue she'd be one of those ubiquitous legends that everyone loves just because "they're supposed to".......we all know those people that wear t-shirts of bands/artists they've never listened to just because it's "cool" to like them. Madonna is still here and she's NEVER really stopped so all the general public gets is this influx of "news" on her ass or stupid Instagram "controversies" (that really SHOULDN'T be...but that's another topic) and of course negativity like that is like a virus so even some of her self proclaimed fans start questioning things or as you say praising her carefully and apologetically.....meanwhile, the more casual fans probably don't even have a clue she's released music in 10+ years.....you'd be surprised at how often I come across people that think Madonna stopped making music in the 90's....lol. It's insane!! This all goes back to her weak ass record company or marketing team, it's really time to start reminding people of what made her a legend to begin with.....her ART! 

11 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

This is what I don't understand. How can an off the cuff remark OBVIOUSLY made in jest be taken so incredibly seriously?? That's what shocks me. That remark is totally in line with her sense of humor. She's caught shit for similar "off the cuff" remarks since then and each time they cause "outrage" I'm seriously shocked at how literal and incapable people are of putting things into perspective and context. She made a bad joke about "Molly" at a dance music festival FULL of HIGH AS FUCK people. Where's the outrage in that?? If anything it was her trying to "connect" with the audience more than anything....lol. I don't think anyone actually THERE took issue with it. It was all the online commentators with their lips pursed and 15 inch sticks shoved up their ass that were so "outraged". I'm sorry....but this kind of this just REALLY gets under my skin because it's just incredibly fucking stupid....not her comment but the reaction to it.

Exactly! He can pretend (prob while he's high af as well) that drugs don't play a big part in that world but we ALL know the truth when it comes to that. 

As I said in another discussion, Madonna is probably the least well suited personality for this era free from humor and without second degree. Everything is so literal today because some people specialize in finding reasons to be offended and to play the victim, because that gives them their 30 seconds of glory on social media.

It's a good thing none of you are Kate Bush fans...

12 years between albums (even with a 'coming soon' from Kate three years before the actual release!),

34 years between 'tours' (to which the 2014 Before The Dawn shows had NO DVD/Bluray release and only an audio release 2 years later!)

and more recently fans are waiting nearly 9 years between studio albums...and with no indication of any brand new material on the horizon!

I think I can wait a year and a few months for a new Madonna album and tour (potential DVD release to follow) 

59 minutes ago, BrendanT1993 said:

I agree!! And I heart and trust Robster and Mensch!

Edited by Voguerista

2 hours ago, elijah said:

This is the woman that issued the Sex book, said fuck countless times on Letterman, had burning crosses in a video etc. She was never Margarethe Thatcher. I think what she did with Molly was totally in line with who she is (having a very weird sense of humor). It seems like the American public rejects her no matter what she does at this point (she is guilty of having the wrong songs chosen for singles for like 11 years though, so she doesn't have THE MUSIC (in general public view that doesn't listen to whole albums at this point) which previously was always brilliant and helped her survive any backlash) and I guess it comes with SJW culture where everyone is offended over nothing. But she always opened discussions on taboo subjects since 1986 (= offending people) and was never safe. I really think what she lacks is the brilliant singles/videos that were always her safe card and which helped her to retain respect no matter what she did or said. RH era is very telling: while the album was absolutely amazing with brilliant songs like Devil Pray, Hold Tight, Rebel Heart (Aviccii), Joan Of Arc which as it is the custom lately with her - never saw the light of day, the single released were not strong enough and the videos were cheap and uninspired. Maybe SJW culture kills the revolutionary artists at this point? I am amazed how she gets criticized over nothing and is crucified for stupid things.

I own the sex book and I don't find any of the above stupid as that molly comment. Mine was just a example of something to my understanding of Madonna quite superficial. You might assimilate everything just as one big provocation, that's not the case for me. She is a intelligent person. That was stupid. Do I care about it now? No. I just used it as a example of a useless uninteresting way of provoking people.

5 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

As I said in another discussion, Madonna is probably the least well suited personality for this era free from humor and without second degree. Everything is so literal today because some people specialize in finding reasons to be offended and to play the victim, because that gives them their 30 seconds of glory on social media.

Exactly! Perfectly stated in the other discussion and here too! This is why I question whether the tide can turn for her again in some ways. People say she should have "her team" handle her IG page and she really needs to second guess what she says. Let's just imagine that for a minute though....that could lead to a very self conscious, "stiff" Madonna......I don't think any of us want that.

Eurovision sounds like a brilliant strategy to kick off tour sale and new era. Tour will smash in Europe and she should have no problem doing big numbers in SA esp with the sound of the new album. Don’t know whether Eurovision will be popular in Oz though...hopefully she’ll come to Asia again. I just think she’ll mostly ignore the US market.