New album thread: discuss here. #Magic

I'm finally taking an evening to listen to Dino D'Santiago and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. It's sensual but in a very romantic way; it's also quietly upbeat. Makes me want to enjoy a full bottle of red and join a drum circle. I could see Madonna really shining with this type of sound. I couldn't find out very many details about his collaboration on M14, but we do know he's part of it, no? Has anyone else given him a listen? 

9 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

It has definitely grown stronger.  I have followed Madonna since the start and have always known the hatred she has received.  However,  lately there has been an obvious push to completely downplay her and I see it all the time.  The way now that her Superbowl performance is either deliberately not talked about or  treated like it was trashed everywhere when it was so loved and acclaimed.  Articles claiming that she was never in the same league as other superstars in fame and influence.  Articles by her own "fans"  apologizing and wringing their hands about liking her and even agreeing that others are far more talented etc. .  Sorry, but not burying my head in the sand.  It is up to Madonna's team to address these dreadful lies and downplaying of her.  She deserves so much better.   The most influential and popular female singer of all time should never be treated like this. 

Wow! Can I screenshot this and share it on my social media?? 

9 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Nikki,  it makes my blood boil.  People that call themselves "fans"  and give her crappy back handed compliments on their articles all over the net etc and deny her talent.  

Definitely has.  Even some of my friends who used to praise Madonna,  now question her talent.  I then gently remind them of her hit songs and straight away,  you can see the light bulb go off and they are raving about her music and her.   That is all it takes people -  a whole emphasis on her music, music videos and performances.  

I do find it infuriating though that she is put down so much.  Also exhausting that it is fans who have to keep defending her on social media, articles etc when her team and PR should be doing it.  

It is very exhausting! I’m so sick and tired of having to DEFEND Madonna. Defend against what?? This woman should be CELEBRATED right now, not hated and put down and rediculed! 

31 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

It is very exhausting! I’m so sick and tired of having to DEFEND Madonna. Defend against what?? This woman should be CELEBRATED right now, not hated and put down and rediculed! 

Yes, I know. Then when we do defend her,  we often get shady comments from people who do hate her :wacko:

Madonna is the ultimate Queen of pop and that should not even be questioned. 

Guys i really love the woman but something really went wrong with her marketing from one point on. 

It is almost as if people working for her and in part madonna herself didn't really know what Madonna the artist is all about. 

I know plenty of people who recognize she was immense but think she is just dreadful now. And it has nothing to do with her age and much more to do with lack of control of her image. The woman had a immens instinct but it's Normal that change with time. Then you need a team that knows what's right and to inspire her. 

I was was shocked when the stupid Molly thing happened during MDNA. That wasn't Madonna

28 minutes ago, samosamosamo said:

Guys i really love the woman but something really went wrong with her marketing from one point on. 

It is almost as if people working for her and in part madonna herself didn't really know what Madonna the artist is all about. 

I know plenty of people who recognize she was immense but think she is just dreadful now. And it has nothing to do with her age and much more to do with lack of control of her image. The woman had a immens instinct but it's Normal that change with time. Then you need a team that knows what's right and to inspire her. 

I was was shocked when the stupid Molly thing happened during MDNA. That wasn't Madonna

Ok here we go. This is the problem. The Molly thing shocked you. Oh dear. Who is Madonna then? Someone who should be afraid to be ironic and silly? There was nothing wrong with that Molly comment. She poked fun at the audience. She knew they were all high as fuck and so did Deadmau! Yet he acted as tho M was a criminal! His entire fucking music is created to induce drugs! Talk about hypocrisy! 

3 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

Ok here we go. This is the problem. The Molly thing shocked you. Oh dear. Who is Madonna then? Someone who should be afraid to be ironic and silly? There was nothing wrong with that Molly comment. She poked fun at the audience. She knew they were all high as fuck and so did Deadmau! Yet he acted as tho M was a criminal! His entire fucking music is created to induce drugs! Talk about hypocrisy! 

Amen 

I think she went on some MC programming around 2012 after the superbowl. since then she baceme a parody of herself

kissing drake? fake ass? those implants.

that is not madonna I started to love around 1998

A year full of Madonna

17 minutes ago, samosamosamo said:

This is the woman that issued the Sex book, said fuck countless times on Letterman, had burning crosses in a video etc. She was never Margarethe Thatcher. I think what she did with Molly was totally in line with who she is (having a very weird sense of humor). It seems like the American public rejects her no matter what she does at this point (she is guilty of having the wrong songs chosen for singles for like 11 years though, so she doesn't have THE MUSIC (in general public view that doesn't listen to whole albums at this point) which previously was always brilliant and helped her survive any backlash) and I guess it comes with SJW culture where everyone is offended over nothing. But she always opened discussions on taboo subjects since 1986 (= offending people) and was never safe. I really think what she lacks is the brilliant singles/videos that were always her safe card and which helped her to retain respect no matter what she did or said. RH era is very telling: while the album was absolutely amazing with brilliant songs like Devil Pray, Hold Tight, Rebel Heart (Aviccii), Joan Of Arc which as it is the custom lately with her - never saw the light of day, the single released were not strong enough and the videos were cheap and uninspired. Maybe SJW culture kills the revolutionary artists at this point? I am amazed how she gets criticized over nothing and is crucified for stupid things.

40 minutes ago, Andra said:

A year full of Madonna

Are we ready? We've been ready for a full fucking year since she said soon.

May??? Summer??? Oh just fuck off.

3 minutes ago, robster said:

If there is a May release date for the first single then the Eurovision rumor might not be so weird, since that is also always held in May!

Was thinking the same! Not weird at all... 

11 minutes ago, gjhvs said:

Was thinking the same! Not weird at all... 

On top of that, if she releases in May then the rough outlines for promo could be Eurovision for European and world wide promotion in May (the 19th of May) and a big push during NYC World Pride in June (starting the 29th of June). Also, if the album is really influenced by the sounds of world music and Portuguese rhythms then a summer release might make much more sense sonically, the sounds of the summer!

2 minutes ago, trickyricky said:

why would she sit on a finished album for 5 months after the previous leaks ? i hope we get the anitta duet before may .. how depressing 

I don’t think it’s finished.

1 hour ago, Andra said:

A year full of Madonna

Eurovision basically confirmed then... so single in May, album in June, Tour in September/October...

37 minutes ago, dubtronic said:

omg! thank you!

I simply loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove your remixes!!!

2 hours ago, samosamosamo said:

:lmao:

Loca, please! 

1 hour ago, Sean612 said:

I think she went on some MC programming around 2012 after the superbowl. since then she baceme a parody of herself

kissing drake? fake ass? those implants.

that is not madonna I started to love around 1998

:rotfl:

What's this troll about? Flush this Little Monster.