New album thread: discuss here. #Magic

4 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Commercial success is what every artist wants.  Well known songs loved by the GP live on forever. Madonna did not win any major awards for True Blue and Like a Prayer albums. Two of the most loved and successful pop albums EVER with singles still loved, known and adored today. Critical praise and awards are fantastic cherries on top and definitely desired but commercial success with the public's love and major knowledge of music is ultimately the most important thing. 

I agree about awards being not important but True Blue won or was nominated for EVERY major music award, there were fewer back then, at the time

TB won MTV Video Music Awards, Billboard Music Award, American Music Award, People's Choice Award, Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Award, Canadian JUNO award, RIAA sales awards, ASCAP awards, her first appearance in the Guinness Book of Records, Rolling Stone reader's and critics poll awards etc

Was nominated for the Grammy and BRIT awards 

11 hours ago, berke said:

Take this with a pinch of salt but a Madonna fan I started talking to recently who seems to have some info regarding a change in schedule and the reasons for it. I'm not sure if there is any truth to this but wanted to share anyway since it is pretty interesting. Appearently the record was ready to be released August 2018, it was produced by her and Mirwais  but somewhere along the way it was decided (not by her from what I understood) that it didn't include any hits or any song that would appeal to the mainstream. M was really passionate about the version of the album that was going to be released in August and is sort of dissapointed. Now the album, set to be released on April, is  more of a mixed bag with no clear direction, more than a few songs were scrapped in favor of  songs added more aimed to the market.  Dissapointing info in terms of how much control Madonna has over the release of her albums, so I hope it is not true. 

:rotfl:

FUCK OFF TROLL

The thing about not enough hits may have some truth to it. I posted something the other day similar that my friend told me. He organises the UK fan party's. He just said if the label don't like this version we are gonna start calling her Theresa may hahaha. That's the problem with being a brand you have to deliver at some amount. I don't know if I believe it myself but this is now the second time I've heard that. He also said last year the album was delayed. Who knows. Frankly who cares. Just release the fucker.

7 hours ago, Bitch I'm Christian said:

I did stay up all night and will always remember dancing around to Holiday at 1am. It was great and I loved it, as did all the other Madonna die-hards. But a noticeable amount of people had already left by the that point, including one of my friends who had a 5am start the next day. It's definitely something that can be corrected for the next tour. I hope she comes back to Australia, I loved how much of a big deal it was to have her in the country! She made the news everyday, it was Madonna-mania!

It wasn't quite Madonna mania but it was decinately in the news every day. The visit in '93 was Madonna mania on MJ proportions. 

After the incident with pulling the fan's top down in Brisbane (my show) she was on every news bulletin every 30 minutes for 24 hours. From memory she was very late for the previous night's show and that too got a thrashing in the media that day. She didn't dare come on late for the second night and she didn't either.

20 minutes ago, Rugbyguy said:

It wasn't quite Madonna mania but it was decinately in the news every day. The visit in '93 was Madonna mania on MJ proportions. 

After the incident with pulling the fan's top down in Brisbane (my show) she was on every news bulletin every 30 minutes for 24 hours. From memory she was very late for the previous night's show and that too got a thrashing in the media that day. She didn't dare come on late for the second night and she didn't either.

She got attention but i don’t think it wss substantial compared to 93. I def expected bigger hype and mania regarding her visit since she is the queen after all..

1 hour ago, Danmacevents said:

The thing about not enough hits may have some truth to it. I posted something the other day similar that my friend told me. He organises the UK fan party's. He just said if the label don't like this version we are gonna start calling her Theresa may hahaha. That's the problem with being a brand you have to deliver at some amount. I don't know if I believe it myself but this is now the second time I've heard that. He also said last year the album was delayed. Who knows. Frankly who cares. Just release the fucker.

Personally I believe this could be the case. Vogue magazine reported that the album was due last year and that piece of information would of come either from the horses mouth or her team which has conveniently been forgotten by some people and furthermore it does not matter the stature of an artist, a record company can and WILL send them back into the studio. I dare say after the commercial performance of MDNA and Rebel Heart that it was very possible Interscope had her on a very short leash this time around, especially considering it's the last album in her contract with them. I can't believe some of you think it's weird that a record company would want a hit, it's their whole prerogative at the end of the day. 

19 minutes ago, Jitterbug said:

She got attention but i don’t think it wss substantial compared to 93. I def expected bigger hype and mania regarding her visit since she is the queen after all..

The thing is she kept herself to herself the entire time. The only photo we got of her outside of the shows themselves was the one of her leaving the theatre after one of the Tears of a Clown rehearsals. There were no photos of her out jogging like in the old days or getting off the plane or at a record company party celebrating her visit. I'm not even sure they allowed any media into the gigs. It was all very low key.

34 minutes ago, Rugbyguy said:

Personally I believe this could be the case. Vogue magazine reported that the album was due last year and that piece of information would of come either from the horses mouth or her team which has conveniently been forgotten by some people and furthermore it does not matter the stature of an artist, a record company can and WILL send them back into the studio. I dare say after the commercial performance of MDNA and Rebel Heart that it was very possible Interscope had her on a very short leash this time around, especially considering it's the last album in her contract with them. I can't believe some of you think it's weird that a record company would want a hit, it's their whole prerogative at the end of the day. 

But Vogue never said that. 

Someone posted that on here from a twitter post claiming Vogue said that and then it turned out to be a lie when the interview got released. Nothing was mentioned anywhere about it being released in 2018 

15 minutes ago, Mensch said:

But Vogue never sait that. 

Someone posted that on here from a twitter post claiming Vogue said that and then it turned out to be a lie when the interview got released. Nothing was mentioned anywhere about it being released in 2018 

I apologise, I never saw the correction mentioned on here and I check back daily. The rest of my comment I stand behind tho.

6 minutes ago, Rugbyguy said:

I apologise, I never saw the correction mentioned on here and I check back daily. The rest of my comment I stand behind tho.

The thing is, aside from you, so many people on here are fixated on this idea that it was officially mentioned by Vogue and this has brought about a temper tantrum by so many people on this forum who believe it had to be released in August, September, October, NOVEMBER and even DECEMBER. Now they are wailing that they deserve the album NOW. Sure, I’m tired of waiting, M’s idea of #soon was certainly not soon enough for us and teasing Beautiful Game was a real blue balls situation, but it’s coming and everyone has got to get their tits back in place for when it does, chart success, critically acclaimed, panned or whatever the hell happens! 🤣

2 minutes ago, Mensch said:

The thing is, aside from you, so many people on here are fixated on this idea that it was officially mentioned by Vogue and this has brought about a temper tantrum by so many people on this forum who believe it had to be released in August, September, October, NOVEMBER and even DECEMBER. Now they are wailing that they deserve the album NOW. Sure, I’m tired of waiting, M’s idea of #soon was certainly not soon enough for us and teasing Beautiful Game was a real blue balls situation, but it’s coming and everyone has got to get their tits back in place for when it does, chart success, critically acclaimed, panned or whatever the hell happens! 🤣

What bugs me personally is the beautiful Game situation. Just because she sang a few lines from a song no one has heard before all of a sudden it was the first single then when that didn't happen people keep mentioning it as if it's a done deal like how dare she sing a few bars and not release it? Who says it's even a new song? What if it's an unreleased song? All these basic's keep going on about it and nothing was ever ever confirmed. People, the song (if it's new) may not even be on the final album! Have you even considered that? The fact that she performed some of it means NOTHING!!!!

2 minutes ago, Iconic Fetus said:

So it’s January 11,  some fan page posted that there was going to happen something today isn’t? 

Nope, that was MadonnasTattoos and I believe it’s to reveal volume 3 of her books. 

39 minutes ago, Rugbyguy said:

What bugs me personally is the beautiful Game situation. Just because she sang a few lines from a song no one has heard before all of a sudden it was the first single then when that didn't happen people keep mentioning it as if it's a done deal like how dare she sing a few bars and not release it? Who says it's even a new song? What if it's an unreleased song? All these basic's keep going on about it and nothing was ever ever confirmed. People, the song (if it's new) may not even be on the final album! Have you even considered that? The fact that she performed some of it means NOTHING!!!!

She also put a fan art on her Insta and teased lyrics of the song in a video...

44 minutes ago, Rugbyguy said:

It wasn’t on the track board she accidentally leaked last year, but some fans seem to think it’s been renamed to Dark Ballet.

39 minutes ago, Rugbyguy said:

She also put a fan art on her Insta and teased lyrics of the song in a video...

55 minutes ago, Rugbyguy said:

Yeah but she posted it, what looked like a single cover, though it wasn't, with the words Coming soon. Of course it means something and of coursepeople were expecting it.

We have to understand that she's an artist.

She could write and record tons of songs just for the love of doing it and never brought them to the daylight.

Every artist has tons of demos and cool recordings kept away from the public (Michael, Prince, Bowie, Queen, etc), made just for the love of making music. We should be grateful that she got to share a small part of one with us rather than complain about not having the full thing. 😕

Beautiful game at the met gala means nothing .... this is the girl who gave us love makes the world go round in July 1985 but we didnt get the album until June 1986. And thank god it wasnt the lead single (or any single). And then there was her early work with Pharell (Hey You) that she didnt use on any album (thank god).

For me the "Finding the right balance" caption means that she struggled at finding the new sound matching all her influences. The emojis used are a hint.

It probably took her longer that what she expected.

3 minutes ago, Ray Finkle said:

For me the "Finding the right balance" caption means that she struggled at finding the new sound matching all her influences. The emojis used are a hint.

It probably took her longer that what she expected.

makes a lot of sense to me.

and i`m sure the result is superb, she`s confident about this album.

2 hours ago, AlvaroLiam said:

We have to understand that she's an artist.

She could write and record tons of songs just for the love of doing it and never brought them to the daylight.

Every artist has tons of demos and cool recordings kept away from the public (Michael, Prince, Bowie, Queen, etc), made just for the love of making music. We should be grateful that she got to share a small part of one with us rather than complain about not having the full thing. 😕

👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

3 hours ago, Mensch said:

Yes, yes, yes and Sooner or Later.

I have to say she looks very confindent in this new project. You can see it on her face on her videos fron IG story. I can feel it's gonna be a tidal wave reversing all the pop princess in its path :confessions:

I am more then excited, but I don't think we should expect too much (like people going crazy about Madonna as it was in the past around every release of hers). Those are other times and - I don't want to sound ageist at all - we know people dismiss Madonna because of her age and don't pay enough attention to her music. Too high expectations always lead to disappointments. I am waiting for new good music and am sure I that am going to have fun and that this album will be fantastic.