NYC NYE PERFORMANCE STONEWALL INN!

14 hours ago, CalinB said:

Her voice was just perfect!!! She was so relaxed and in control of her voice. If she feels more comfortable with small settings like this, I really hope she sings live again on an entertainment night show like Jimmy Fallon or Stephen Colbert in New York or James Corden in LA.

She should record a cover of "Can't help falling in love" ASAP. She sounds glorious and angelic while singing it.

27 minutes ago, Rebel Saviour said:

She should record a cover of "Can't help falling in love" ASAP. She sounds glorious and angelic while singing it.

Agreed and I think this is pretty much in the bag for the next tour setlist!

3 hours ago, peppermint said:

Agreed and I think this is pretty much in the bag for the next tour setlist!

I'd love covers of I can't help falling in love and we are the champions since she's referenced it so much recently on instagram. She needs to use that voice on tour she sounded so beautiful.

1 hour ago, runa said:

I hate covers 

I normally do too Runa but have I loved Madonna's covers. American Pie, Love don't live here anymore, Fever, I want you and she did a beautiful version of Like an angel passing through my room.  I do love her singing this and it sort of appeals to me. The Queen Of pop and Queen of music covering the King - Elvis - with such a lush beautiful romantic song. 

59 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I normally do too Runa but have I loved Madonna's covers. American Pie, Love don't live here anymore, Fever, I want you and she did a beautiful version of Like an angel passing through my room.  I do love her singing this and it sort of appeals to me. The Queen Of pop and Queen of music covering the King - Elvis - with such a lush beautiful romantic song. 

Oh damn, you’re right. I love all the song you name. ❤️

15 hours ago, runa said:

Very touching story. Thank u !

My father, before he passed away, had dementia and aphasia, too. But he still loved listening to music. You could see in his eyes how he recognized some songs. 

The night before he passed, there were a snow storm. I spent the entire night, laying beside him and the radio was playing. All Christmas song (including Santa Baby by M). I sang many of those song for him so he knew I was there with him. 

I’ll remember that my entire life.

Music has such a strong power and we don’t really know it. That’s why my connection to M is so important in my life. She’s always there, everywhere I go, even in my darkest hour, acting like a light, guiding me.

Beautiful story, very touching. @Simo9jo your story is so inspiring too! 

1 hour ago, iamme said:

I wish she had sung this song instead or would cover it someday.  #deep #sophistication

There's nothing deeper or more sophisticated in what song you choose. In this case she sang that cover out of sheer love, because it's the one that David plays with the guitar at home. 

8 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

SHe even said to the crowd before she sang it as somebody was asking her to sing another song and she said “ I’ll sing what Madonna likes “ lol 

4 hours ago, humanracin said:

Madonna doesn't do many covers...but when she does she nails them!

She should do a cover album. Shes the master of covers. She makes them her own.

9 hours ago, iamme said:

I wish she had sung this song instead or would cover it someday.  #deep #sophistication

Love this song - especially Judy Collin's version.  Think Madonna could do a great version but with it being used on Mad Men and getting so much attention etc,  is probably a bit clique at the moment.  Great lyrics too. 

On 1/1/2019 at 8:22 PM, Who Is That Girl? said:

She sang beautifully, what a teat for NYE. I am pretty sure its just padding BTW.

6886390-6449895-image-a-16_1543684834044.thumb.jpg.94e160d0f54016d7f4c91a3393488f9c.jpg

6886402-6449895-image-a-9_1543684641047.thumb.jpg.49f9c3a9d3d88a203c43434b100456c8.jpg

Thank you ! I really hope so; we can't pretend we don't care how she looks, even though I love her for the music and everything she is, it matters !

Sweet and lovely appearance, it must have been such a surprise to see her. Loved her simplicity and her voice.

2 hours ago, Kim said:

Between the Bars is the one (studio) cover I'd like to have heard. Can do without the 1000th version of Can't Help Falling..., La Vie en Rose etc tbh.

she prob cant get the rights to record that song 

1 hour ago, trickyricky said:

she prob cant get the rights to record that song 

You don't need to get rights to do a cover. You only need permission if you want to use a sample of someone else's song.

3 minutes ago, pieciolot said:

You don't need to get rights to do a cover. You only need permission if you want to use a sample of someone else's song.

is that true ? i never knew that ..so any artist could cover a madonna song without her permission and release it 

1 minute ago, trickyricky said:

is that true ? i never knew that ..so any artist could cover a madonna song without her permission and release it 

Plenty of artists have already covered Madonna's songs. You don't need her permission. One of them even went to number one in Germany with Like a prayer cover. It was years ago.

22 minutes ago, danMfan said:

The guy in the crowd asking for Rescue Me haha

Hope she heard him and include it in the next tour.

she did didnt she and said she will sing what madonna wants lol