Anitta Bonita Funana Batuka Bo'nina Abdulla Maluma Madonna Ciccone MAGIC.

1 hour ago, shantytyrelle said:

I'm still curious as to what happened with it seemingly being targeted for release last year, she said last year we'd get music by end of the year (2018).

did stuff get moved around for better release timing or did she go back and re-work the album?

Well for a period last year fans thought she’d actually been secretly working on the album longer than she actually had, and that it was ready to drop after the Met Gala performance.

There were several quotes of the album coming Q4 2018 but with her seemingly having a break from studio in the summer (again, fans assumed it was finished because she posted Miwais sessions wrapped on Insta) and then going back to the studio later last year, it was becoming more clear the album wasn’t coming 2018.

I think she’s working on it until she’s 100% happy with it, which is a good thing because it means we’ll get the best. But it is apparently finished and being mixed / mastered, which is exciting.

hoepfully this is a bit more helpful to you.

If the album is not announced by February it will be safe to assume that the album will be released after spring - like True Blue and (technically speaking) Music were released in the summer months and countless albums were dropped in the fall. 

I guess the question also is whether she will tour and, if so, when that will be announced. I’m sure the release of the album should strategically coincide with that, even though it doesn’t have to IMHO. 

51 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

Well for a period last year fans thought she’d actually been secretly working on the album longer than she actually had, and that it was ready to drop after the Met Gala performance.

There were several quotes of the album coming Q4 2018 but with her seemingly having a break from studio in the summer (again, fans assumed it was finished because she posted Miwais sessions wrapped on Insta) and then going back to the studio later last year, it was becoming more clear the album wasn’t coming 2018.

I think she’s working on it until she’s 100% happy with it, which is a good thing because it means we’ll get the best. But it is apparently finished and being mixed / mastered, which is exciting.

hoepfully this is a bit more helpful to you.

Thanks for the great breakdown! 

I'm really happy she's just taking her time and being her usual perfectionist self, praying no more bumps in the road that that lead to last minute changes ala RH.

I've never been this excited for a new M album.

IF the album is finished/mixed already, it would probably be March or April release. That means the single would arrive in February or March.

If the album is not finished, it would definitely be an autumn release.

It always depends when she starts to work. Ray of Light took 6 months.

As far as we know she finished this album in November, so December and January were skipped. Bedtime Stories took 7 months and it was released the same year she started to work on it.

An album in 2018 was possible, but she decided to work more on it, so it is  a different story. 

I think this new album will be the album where she spent exactly one year just working on it. That is the longest time she spent working on an album. Erotica took 11 months.

18 minutes ago, ashtangi74 said:

All signs show she will perform at pride, so the album will be released before that.

Which signs? She has literally just performed at Stonewall Inn which was probably THE secretly planned Gay event of 2019.

I have a feeling some people never learn in here and get their hopes up for the most random things: Eurovision, Glastonbury, Pride, Award Shows and so on. 

5 minutes ago, Plaything said:

Which signs? She has literally just performed at Stonewall Inn which was probably THE secretly planned Gay event of 2019.

I have a feeling some people never learn in here and get their hopes up for the most random things: Eurovision, Glastonbury, Pride, Award Shows and so on. 

well given she was named one of the ambassador's for the 50th anniversary, I think the speech/song on NYE was  just the first part of her involvement. They wouldn't get somebody as big as M and not utilize her in a bigger capacity, I think a performance at Pride isn't such a stretch tbh. Also didn't some reliable sources claim a Pride performance before she was even announced as a stonewall ambassador? 

2 minutes ago, shantytyrelle said:

well given she was named one of the ambassador's for the 50th anniversary, I think the speech/song on NYE was  just the first part of her involvement. They wouldn't get somebody as big as M and not utilize her in a bigger capacity, I think a performance at Pride isn't such a stretch tbh. Also didn't some reliable sources claim a Pride performance before she was even announced as a stonewall ambassador? 

I‘m not saying it’s not gonna happen. All I‘m saying is that if some people claim it as facts (all signs show...) then also show the receipts in order to avoid confusion.

i think shit gets mixed up a lot with random rumours and tidbits from reliable sources. 

50 minutes ago, BrendanT1993 said:

It always depends when she starts to work. Ray of Light took 6 months.

As far as we know she finished this album in November, so December and January were skipped. Bedtime Stories took 7 months and it was released the same year she started to work on it.

An album in 2018 was possible, but she decided to work more on it, so it is  a different story. 

I think this new album will be the album where she spent exactly one year just working on it. That is the longest time she spent working on an album. Erotica took 11 months.

In more recent years, it's a year from time we find out she's officially working on new stuff til release......go back to Hard Candy, Jan '07, there's an interview she did and she references meeting with Pharrell.....Hard Candy came in April '08. We started hearing she's "looking" for people to work with in early '11.....although she wasn't officially in the studio til summer '11, the MDNA album came Mar '12. For RH, we started seeing IG posts in early '14......RH was released early '15. At the end of '04, we started hearing about some info on Hello Suckers which ended up becoming COADF which was released in Fall '05. I'm telling you all, give it 1 year from time we KNOW something is going on until release (give or take a month or two) and you won't get disappointed. 🙂 Madonna never confirmed ANYTHING in '18. Any "confirmations" or assumptions were all fan speculation. Even with the Vogue interview, Madonna herself NEVER said there's an album coming in '18.

I'm confident the album is going to be about no later than April. We'll prob get the single no later than early March and if she's doing two singles, then prob even sooner than that.

44 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

I'm confident the album is going to be about no later than April. We'll prob get the single no later than early March and if she's doing two singles, then prob even sooner than that.

That’s what I think too 😊

Didnt she was still recording in december with Anitta?

There are no clear signs it will be released in just few months.

No press release, performances scheduled or magazine covers.

Nothing.

Id say fall release is more likely by the day.

13 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

Didnt she was still recording in december with Anitta?

There are no clear signs it will be released in just few months.

No press release, performances scheduled or magazine covers.

Nothing.

Id say fall release is more likely by the day.

It’s only the 2nd of January 👍

All the promo, press release and magazine covers can be planned this month and the album released in March.

55 minutes ago, Mensch said:

I’m hoping she will perform for Pride but I’m worried whether she’ll do a pop up free performance OR do Pride Island and charge like $5k for a ticket!!!! 😢🤐😤

Oh wow, that’s the price for Pride Island? I was hoping to go to NYC for Pride if she performed but I didn’t know that the price was that much, that was the same price for Kylie? 

In that case I prefer to save for the tour and see her front row or even two shows.

And I think that we should hope for a HC schedule, 4M was released at the very end of February and the album in a April, we are now in 2019, January so we are like very close, I don’t see her holding the release until summer/June, because we know that she’s touring this autumn and the tickets need to be available first.

30 minutes ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Oh wow, that’s the price for Pride Island? I was hoping to go to NYC for Pride if she performed but I didn’t know that the price was that much, that was the same price for Kylie? 

In that case I prefer to save for the tour and see her front row or even two shows.

And I think that we should hope for a HC schedule, 4M was released at the very end of February and the album in a April, we are now in 2019, January so we are like very close, I don’t see her holding the release until summer/June, because we know that she’s touring this autumn and the tickets need to be available first.

We know shes touring this autumn, really?

8 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

We know shes touring this autumn, really?

The Accords Arena was booked for her in Sept of 2019, according to some reliible source at Live Nation that gave the exclusive info to "news of Madonna".

2 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

MadonnaTribe previously reported that the album was tentatively scheduled for a Q2 release. But I agree with you that April seems more likely than May or June.

M has never released a studio album in May, and "True Blue" remains M's only studio album to have been released in June.