Muslim inmigrant climbs building to save a woman

karbatal

It is always a negative light upon certain minorities. I recall when I was a kid that gays were always portraited as ridiculous, hysterical and coward, for example, which really affected self-steem in millions of gays for years. Nowadays, if young gays feel more free to express themselves is because they have grown up with positive messages from films or tv programs (at least in some countries). 

When it comes to other religions, Muslims have been ridiculised for decades. As much as I adore Indiana Jones movies, you only have to watch them to see all Egiptians or from other countires screaming like chickens when a pistol was in sight, running ridiculously, being laughable while being killed. Nowadays, even though most Muslim people are living quietly and contributing to European economy, the acts from a minority is making some people hating all of them, without distinction. 

Being said that, today we have in my city the news that Mohamed Karzai, 29 year-old Moroccan, who was at home yesterday evening and heard some woman asking for help. He run to the street and as he saw it was happening on a nearby building,  the man climbed  and was able to save the woman, whose Spanish and Christian husband was trying to kill with a cord. 

Normally, when something bad happens, the religion is commented on the news. This time, nobody is commenting that he's Muslim. Weird, isn't it?

• 2 weeks later...