Madonna & Anitta collab

Thank goodness Chair made that awful ABBA album - it reinforced the legacy of HU (even though they* tried to erase it) and also that M will never do that sort of bullshit. 

* Chair, Gaga and the Italian mafia.

Guest eroticerotic

Anitta is fucking  delicious,

Even tho the hyper sexuality is not my thing like that video of hers or spring break  or Bangerz Miley etc 

i like sensuality/fluidity and some of her songs

i don’t see how Madonna would fit Anittas  style, so I’m pretty pretty sure it’s the other way around. Just a hunch.

1 hour ago, Suedey said:

Thank goodness Chair made that awful ABBA album - it reinforced the legacy of HU (even though they* tried to erase it) and also that M will never do that sort of bullshit. 

* Chair, Gaga and the Italian mafia.

yeah, it was horrible and bad taste. 

In that whiteboard checklist post, there is this song "Faz Gostoso". Maybe during this final mixing stage, M decided by last minute to have Anitta singing or whispering few verses in portuguese in that song that, judging by its name, must be a very sexy one. 

5 minutes ago, danorbit said:

In that whiteboard checklist post, there is this song "Faz Gostoso". Maybe during this final mixing stage, M decided by last minute to have Anitta singing or whispering few verses in portuguese in that song that, judging by its name, must be a very sexy one. 

That would be cool!

4 hours ago, Ozze said:
  • Brazil is pretty disconected from those so called latin things, we're  the only country here in Latin America that speaks portuguese, we don't really communicate with our neighbors, the language itself it’s a barrier, but that’s not the only reason.
  • Reggaeton has nothing to do with brazilian music, Brazil is samba, bossa nova, MPB, forró, axé, samba reggae, frevo, funk( from Rio de Janeiro) among others genres and sub genres.
  • Brazil is a racist country with no doubt, was the last country in the whole world to abolish slavery, and the government gave zero support to the black people that was freed instead decided to welcome the poor people that were coming from Europe to make Brazil more white.

To imply that we don't like Anitta because of some rooted racism is just absurd and extremely ofensive, in reality you guys know nothing about Brazil.

Anitta was released as light version of the funk for the "ellite" that wouldn't go to the baile at the favelas.

Funk music is not something cherished here , there's some racism, of course, but funk music usually have very low level lyrics is also very associated with the drug traffic that runs the poor communities( mostly black people,they were abandoned by the government) in Brazil, you have no idea how a baile funk is.

Then she decided to presente herself more as a pop singer, so she could reach a wider audience including the gays.

But black people raised their voices and started to revindicate their place in Brazil's society and that their culture was recognized, they show themselves without shame anymore and demand respect.

Then she saw the oppotunity to put herself in the middle of that movement, now she’s back with funk.

And of course the Anitta for Latin America, because she's chasing an international career.

I never called you guys racist, I was talking about Brazil in general, and yes, I don't know that much from Brazil, all I saw it was a great gap between rich and poor people there. Two realities in the same country.

So Anitta has a documentary series on netflix - she reminds me of what Selena did in Latin America...

i hope M & Guy know what they are doing & ive never known M to lessen her artistry to a mediocre level just for sales so I am hoping she knows what she is doing and has a plan that won’t make her look desperate.

7 hours ago, Ozze said:
  • Brazil is pretty disconected from those so called latin things, we're  the only country here in Latin America that speaks portuguese, we don't really communicate with our neighbors, the language itself it’s a barrier, but that’s not the only reason.
  • Reggaeton has nothing to do with brazilian music, Brazil is samba, bossa nova, MPB, forró, axé, samba reggae, frevo, funk( from Rio de Janeiro) among others genres and sub genres.
  • Brazil is a racist country with no doubt, was the last country in the whole world to abolish slavery, and the government gave zero support to the black people that was freed instead decided to welcome the poor people that were coming from Europe to make Brazil more white.

To imply that we don't like Anitta because of some rooted racism is just absurd and extremely ofensive, in reality you guys know nothing about Brazil.

Anitta was released as light version of the funk for the "ellite" that wouldn't go to the baile at the favelas.

Funk music is not something cherished here , there's some racism, of course, but funk music usually have very low level lyrics is also very associated with the drug traffic that runs the poor communities( mostly black people,they were abandoned by the government) in Brazil, you have no idea how a baile funk is.

Then she decided to presente herself more as a pop singer, so she could reach a wider audience including the gays.

But black people raised their voices and started to revindicate their place in Brazil's society and that their culture was recognized, they show themselves without shame anymore and demand respect.

Then she saw the oppotunity to put herself in the middle of that movement, now she’s back with funk.

And of course the Anitta for Latin America, because she's chasing an international career.

Wow. Just wow. Amazing post!! I feel represented as a Brazilian now. Let’s not forget how homophobic funk songs and singers are here in Brazil. Homophobic and misogynistic. It’s preposterous how some people here were trying to lecture us Brazilians  on anitta and her music when they know absolutely nothing about the entire context that surrounds her.

8 minutes ago, Lolasmommy said:

i hope M & Guy know what they are doing & ive never known M to lessen her artistry to a mediocre level just for sales so I am hoping she knows what she is doing and has a plan that won’t make her look desperate.

Call them, they need you 🙂

43 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

Wow. Just wow. Amazing post!! I feel represented as a Brazilian now. Let’s not forget how homophobic funk songs and singers are here in Brazil. Homophobic and misogynistic. It’s preposterous how some people here were trying to us Brazilians  on anitta and her music when they know absolutely nothing about the entire context that surrounds her.

Anitta's reminds me a lot of some Serbian turbo folk performers. No wonder you're having meltdowns. Anyway we're not sure what kind of collaboration Madonna and that Anitta girl had, so we need to calm down a little bit. Meanwhile, here is Maya Berovic, Serbian Anitta. 😂😂😂 

50 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

Wow. Just wow. Amazing post!! I feel represented as a Brazilian now. Let’s not forget how homophobic funk songs and singers are here in Brazil. Homophobic and misogynistic. It’s preposterous how some people here were trying to us Brazilians  on anitta and her music when they know absolutely nothing about the entire context that surrounds her.

Yes.  I don't really see how people are calling others racist for not liking Anitta.  I see it simply as different taste and views. 

When someone famous is from the country you are from, you know their work, music and views better than others from different countries - unless they are a global superstar and people see them a lot.    I don't know a thing about her so interested in reading what members from Brazil think of her as they know her better than anyone else. .  

5 hours ago, Nikki said:

I’d like @runa and @karbatal to educate me on that privately actually. if something's up, I'd like to know for once and for all. this childish nonsense can't go on (And I know the reason is not “just” because Im a big drama queen because almost every frequent poster has been guilty of that from time to time & it’s often ignored unless they’re newbies)

Thanks @spotlight @stevo208 @eroticerotic @FeTuoni 😘

Lové you Nikki:smooch::smooch::smooch:

9 hours ago, BatBro said:

Btw is not Gwen Stefani collaborating with Mon Laferte? I remember reading about this. NOW she is a GOOD latin singer, artistically and personality. she's amazing,

Gwen’s track featuring Mon Laferte was “Feliz Navidad” for bonus tracks tacked onto a new deluxe version of Gwen’s Christmas album (released originally last year).

That post where Anitta says she has the best director and tags Madonna ... wasn’t one of the auction prizes recently to have your own personal photoshoot directed by Madonna? Maybe Anitta bid on that and won...? Madonna is making good on the charity gift she offered...? She did say “studio” but not whether it is a recording studio or a filming studio, and there is a heavy brand presence from Louis Vuitton and Moschino, which seems a little odd just for an audio recording session. (Then again, not sure why Mike Dean would be there if it were only a photo shoot...)

Just trying to keep an open mind.

30 minutes ago, peter said:

That post where Anitta says she has the best director and tags Madonna ... wasn’t one of the auction prizes recently to have your own personal photoshoot directed by Madonna? Maybe Anitta bid on that and won...? Madonna is making good on the charity gift she offered...? She did say “studio” but not whether it is a recording studio or a filming studio, and there is a heavy brand presence from Louis Vuitton and Moschino, which seems a little odd just for an audio recording session. (Then again, not sure why Mike Dean would be there if it were only a photo shoot...)

Good point 😉

On 7 December 2018 at 10:25 PM, Mat.Guy said:

She's coming for the streamings, isn't that what you all were saying for a few months now? That she needs streaming?

Well, Maluma and Anitta are big streaming champions, so there you have it!

As a Brazilian that follows Anitta really close, I can say she's actually a horrible person with no intellect at all but likes to pose as this succesful business woman - an image Madonna created on the pop world. I despise her as a person but she has some killer songs and I truly hope the song with Madonna is a good one!

Let's wait to hear before judging!

I guess ignorance is a starting point for a lot of us (when it comes to Anitta), including me. I don't have time to read 11 pages of this thread, except I hope the album is already done and dusted.

Open mind, we shall have.

Maybe I'm getting old @peter but I would prefer no 'featuring' artists. Background vocals (there is a difference) I'm not adverse to.

2 hours ago, Magician said:

I can't open it here in US. What is she saying about the collaboration? please share!!!

2 hours ago, Magician said:

What does she says??? Sorry but that girls musicis unlistenable. Hopefully we are not facing dumbed down bim as 1st single :(. I expected chezaria evora type of music, bossanova not this... oh well, we have to wait to listen. 

On 12/8/2018 at 5:14 AM, Suedey said:

Sorry but this is disgusting. The level of degradation is something else. Yuck. 

It has a huge context. That's where she came from, the poor side of the town, the favelas. Now she is a huge celebrity singer producer and she is not neglecting her roots. She wanted to show it.