Madonna & Anitta collab

2 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I don't speak Portuguese and don't understand a bit. Why was criticized the video dressed as a girl? Is it because of the lyrics? 

3 hours ago, Nikki said:

She manages this other brazilian artist Nego do Borel, whos a big Bolsonaro supporter. He did a video where he dressed as a woman and kissed another guy. Got massive backlash for the LGBT community for it bc it seemed like a mockery of us just to get pink money. She released a terrible statement about it.

15 minutes ago, karbatal said:

@Nikki you are such a loving Madonna fan, you admire her and love her music so much. But really you sometimes overreact. This time we don't even know what's this all about and the album was finished days ago! 

it's not important or a big deal.. but quite a shame that despite me trying to be nice to everyone im often singled out even though others share my opinion, but yeah.. whatever.. I'll ignore it as always.

1 hour ago, Martin B. said:

IKR. I want to take a shower every time someone posts this bad video so vulgar and dirty. :lol:

Having said that, like every time, people overreacted before they even heard anything official. You can say that you find Anitta awful and cheap, but you can not judge what Madonna will do with her on a possible collaboration. Have a little faith. 

Absolutely. M puts her unique touch even on her worst releases. 

5 hours ago, karbatal said:

Sadly I agree theres at least prejudices. Read the comment above yours: one person moaning why she's not collaborating with Rita Ora. What makes better Rita than Anitta except being from an Anglo-Saxon country and singing songs from Anglo-Saxon pop structures? 

You would be AMAZED the level of racism in Latin America countries regarding their own roots. Many times the elites HATE anything related to their own pre Columbine cultures. Reggaeton is 100% Latin roots and people going all Anglo goes from snobism to racism really fast. 

Now, let's not get too far out there. Reggaeton is from Panama & Puerto Rican, and heavily influenced by the anglo-saxon hip hop culture, mixed with sounds from the region and the island. So no, there is not one monolith 'latin' thing. That was market manufactured to cater overseas tastes. And racism exists everywhere, the 'levels' of LA are no different than the rest of the globe. Also, Anitta is the same as M collaborating with Cardi B, or that Oral girl, Britney, or any other startlet trying to make a living by yachting or jobs here and there on the voice and those types of shows. Nothing exotic or particularly Brazilian to begin with. She's a product of globalization. She's not collaborating with Marisa Monte for fuck sakes! This is cheap af. Maybe the song turns out ok? Who knows! But so far it's looking as a by-numbers effort to get those hip and young crowds Cougardonna so desperately wants since 4 Minutes.

Guest eroticerotic
16 minutes ago, Nikki said:

it's not important or a big deal.. but quite a shame that despite me trying to be nice to everyone im often singled out even though others share my opinion, but yeah.. whatever.. I'll ignore it as always.

You are often singled out; you’re so sweet tho! It’s better to have your own opinion . I’m suspicious of uber positive posts. Lolol  Like say what u really mean peeps. Won’t change your love for M. Lol keep staying  true @Nikki ! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🤗

Who the hell is screaming racism for not liking this trash Anita? lmao

Anita SUCKSSS, and it's a fucking trash. Fortunately no ones care about her here (Colombia), despite having collaborated with Maluma (a bigger trash) and other awful reggetoneros. So you can cut the crap about her being huge in Latin America.. Latin America is not a country.

You can fool some US people here, but you're not going to fool the rest. Now come and call me racist.

Racism is what I've seen in threads like the beyonce one, for example. And in some other threads from that section where you are always dragging any women who is having some success.

And funny how exactly certain members who were dragging Shakira by her last projects (M is now doing the same), are now making excuses for the mess that M is doing. It makes me laugh their hypocrisy,

Edited by BatBro

38 minutes ago, Nikki said:

For what it's worth, I think you're very sane compared to some posters. You always tend to be measured and thoughtful in your posts. I tend to agree with you on quite a lot of things, including this Anitta nonsense. 

Btw is not Gwen Stefani collaborating with Mon Laferte? I remember reading about this. NOW she is a GOOD latin singer, artistically and personality. she's amazing,

If M had good taste nowadays..

Sadly gwen cant make good music, so she will probably waste Mon .

Natalia Lafourcade made one of the best albums of the last years as well,

So no, it' not racism to say what Anita is. Same with Migos and the likes

Edited by BatBro

8 hours ago, karbatal said:

You would be AMAZED the level of racism in Latin America countries regarding their own roots. Many times the elites HATE anything related to their own pre Columbine cultures. Reggaeton is 100% Latin roots and people going all Anglo goes from snobism to racism really fast. 

• Brazil is pretty disconected from those so called latin things, we're  the only country here in Latin America that speaks portuguese, we don't really communicate with our neighbors, the language itself it’s a barrier, but that’s not the only reason.
  • Reggaeton has nothing to do with brazilian music, Brazil is samba, bossa nova, MPB, forró, axé, samba reggae, frevo, funk( from Rio de Janeiro) among others genres and sub genres.
  • Brazil is a racist country with no doubt, was the last country in the whole world to abolish slavery, and the government gave zero support to the black people that was freed instead decided to welcome the poor people that were coming from Europe to make Brazil more white.
6 hours ago, lautert said:

Idk where you're from but I've been in Brazil and it's crazy how the level of racism is high there. 

To imply that we don't like Anitta because of some rooted racism is just absurd and extremely ofensive, in reality you guys know nothing about Brazil.

Anitta was released as light version of the funk for the "ellite" that wouldn't go to the baile at the favelas.

Funk music is not something cherished here , there's some racism, of course, but funk music usually have very low level lyrics is also very associated with the drug traffic that runs the poor communities( mostly black people,they were abandoned by the government) in Brazil, you have no idea how a baile funk is.

Then she decided to presente herself more as a pop singer, so she could reach a wider audience including the gays.

But black people raised their voices and started to revindicate their place in Brazil's society and that their culture was recognized, they show themselves without shame anymore and demand respect.

Then she saw the oppotunity to put herself in the middle of that movement, now she’s back with funk.

And of course the Anitta for Latin America, because she's chasing an international career.

Edited by Ozze

1 hour ago, Icykiller said:

Nothing exotic or particularly Brazilian to begin with. She's a product of globalization. She's not collaborating with Marisa Monte for fuck sakes! This is cheap af. Maybe the song turns out ok? Who knows!

:thumbsup:

5 hours ago, Nikki said:

im talking about anitta of course.

Why would Guy care about making Anita big overseas?

5 hours ago, FeTuoni said:

Now I’m being called a racist because I’m not into Anitta and don’t like the idea of Madonna associating herself with Anitta because, in my opinion, she’s a lesser “artist”? Wow... the audacity of some people here. I wish moderators would take actions regarding such claims and that these people thought before posting. This is really offensive.

Everything is racist with some people, esp those whose names begin with K.

4 hours ago, O_g_c_x said:

You can write whatever you want to attack me but the Madonna that did masterpieces like Frozen, Express yourself, like a prayer, Live to tell... is gone.

Now you have Bitch Im Madonna, Champagne rose and I bet  we will add the duet or featuring with Anitta...

First impressions are lasting impressions. You joined the forum to rant like that? Fuck off.

2 hours ago, Nikki said:

Yeah, I’ve noticed the same thing. I’ve always wondered why. I’ve also noticed it’s usually the same poster(s) that do it. I see nothing wrong when u post your opinions. You always do it respectfully. Ignore him. 

I'm brazilian, and I CANNOT stand Anitta..

If Madonna wants to work with her on a track or two, fine. But please don't make that the lead single..

PLEASE!!!!! Have mercy on us Madonna!

You don’t mix and master an album and then go add more vocals to it after the fact. Either 1. there is no collaboration and they just “ran into” each other as Madonna said, 2. it’s for a remix of a song/single or 3. it’s for something that has nothing to do with Madonna’s album...

2 hours ago, BatBro said:

Who the hell is screaming racism for not liking this trash Anita? lmao

Anita SUCKSSS, and it's a fucking trash. Fortunately no ones care about her here (Colombia), despite having collaborated with Maluma (a bigger trash) and other awful reggetoneros. So you can cut the crap about her being huge in Latin America.. Latin America is not a country.

You can fool some US people here, but you're not going to fool the rest. Now come and call me racist.

Racism is what I've seen in threads like the beyonce one, for example. And in some other threads from that section where you are always dragging any women who is having some success.

And funny how exactly certain members who were dragging Shakira by her last projects (M is now doing the same), are now making excuses for the mess that M is doing. It makes me laugh their hypocrisy,

Another shitty post by you like most of the time. And you wonder why you’ve been warned and suspended multiple times and had your access taken away from Pop Princesses. You can fuck off too.

19 minutes ago, spotlight said:

Yeah, I’ve noticed the same thing. I’ve always wondered why. I’ve also noticed it’s usually the same poster(s) that do it. I see nothing wrong when u post your opinions. You always do it respectfully. Ignore him. 

I’d like @runa and @karbatal to educate me on that privately actually. if something's up, I'd like to know for once and for all. this childish nonsense can't go on (And I know the reason is not “just” because Im a big drama queen because almost every frequent poster has been guilty of that from time to time & it’s often ignored unless they’re newbies)

Thanks @spotlight @stevo208 @eroticerotic @FeTuoni 😘

32 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I’d like @runa and @karbatal to educate me on that privately actually. if something's up, I'd like to know for once and for all. this childish nonsense can't go on (And I know the reason is not “just” because Im a big drama queen because almost every frequent poster has been guilty of that from time to time & it’s often ignored unless they’re newbies)

Thanks @spotlight @stevo208 @eroticerotic @FeTuoni 😘

Now you overreact because I told you you sometimes overreact :lol:

As I said I love your constant support for Madonna. To be honest I think you would enjoy this ride more if you took all negative comments poured on Madonna with a pinch of salt. Or these random collaborations. 

Don't get angry with me. Let's enjoy all together these thrilling moments waiting for the release...

The photo caption M posted said they "ran into each other" in the studio. If she did ANYTHING on Madonna's album it was likely very very small and she most definitely didn't have any part in the actual music. So going through Anita's catalogue isn't bring us any closer to Madonna's vision. 

Maybe the new album will be like Rebel Heart, with the 'REBEL' aspect featuring the like of Anitta, Maluma and Boobooshka while the 'HEART' aspect will be Fado frenzy. Something for everyone. 

QUEENDONNA likes to move with the times and never forget that first and foremost she is a POP artist. POP is short for POPULAR. She will not make a FADO album motherfuckers. There will be some movers and shakers and dance numbers in there. And there will be some introspective songs too. 

Strop trying to project your own one-dimensionality onto the QUEEN OF LIFE.

So much saltiness in one place. Whoever wants old for old sakes should keep the Cher ABBA album on replay. I’m open to whatever Madonna puts out #soon