Madonna & Anitta collab

This thinly veiled xenophobia in the form of "opinions" is so sad and deplorable. Very disappointing to see fans of a woman who has fought a lifetime against these prejudices distill that toxic poison here.

IN THE END, IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THE MUSIC.

Don't forget that.

And i bet this is gonna be a hell of a tune, and MTV will play her again and again and in heavy rotation. Wait and see, u complaining bitches 

16 minutes ago, BrendanT1993 said:

This thinly veiled xenophobia in the form of "opinions" is so sad and deplorable. Very disappointing to see fans of a woman who has fought a lifetime against these prejudices distill that toxic poison here.

Don't forget that.

And i bet this is gonna be a hell of a tune, and MTV will play her again and again and in heavy rotation. Wait and see, u complaining bitches 

FuckYeah

29 minutes ago, BrendanT1993 said:

Don't forget that.

6915FEDB-6300-4446-91CD-24EB71DD7F9A.gif

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

If the music has Portuguese flavour and we know that African rythms are included too, Mirwais as producer and now a Brazilian artist too and maybe a Spanish Latin (Maluma) we are in for a TREAT. 

And again, I absolutely agree! It seems like a very progressive project, even with a strong ‘cohesive’ theme. :lol: I’m not kidding though...I for one am very excited.

18 minutes ago, Lolo said:

And again, I absolutely agree! It seems like a very progressive project, even with a strong ‘cohesive’ theme. :lol: I’m not kidding though...I for one am very excited.

Me too! I want Madonna's magic to be without boundaries and limitations. We've been praying for an inspired new album with new tendencies and this is what's approaching!! 

This thing is going too far, Anitta is just stupid, brainless, have 0 talent and her music is garbage, How about to collaborate with real talent girls and good voices? Marina And the Diamonds, Dua Lipa, Rita Ora...? This and the Maluma rumour makes me have very bad feelings about this album, now talifans hit me.

1 hour ago, BrendanT1993 said:

Don't forget that.

I don't think it is xenophobia.  A lot of the comments have come from members from Brazil where she is actually from.  People that already know her and her music well and just have different views and opinions on her.  

To think she could have a strong comeback, bringing the depth of Portuguese music to the front, but is now working with an idiot who represents everything madonna fought against.. the only reason being that Guy wants to make her big overseas.

if the first single is with this idiot, I'm afraid this will ruin the whole album campaign in one go. 

17 minutes ago, Nikki said:

To think she could have a strong comeback, bringing the depth of Portuguese music to the front, but is now working with an idiot who represents everything madonna fought against.. the only reason being that Guy wants to make her big overseas.

if the first single is with this idiot, I'm afraid this will ruin the whole album campaign in one go. 

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.  It could be a fantastic track. It might not be the first single.  We don't really know anything. 

I admit to being ignorant - never have heard of this girl Anitta before this thread so don't know what she will bring to the table or have any expectations.  Madonna has a love for all kinds of music though and great music sensibility.  Plus Mirwais is also producing - the possibilities are endless in what to expect. 

15 minutes ago, Nikki said:

how old are u? u sound like a child

1 hour ago, Sparks said:

This thing is going too far, Anitta is just stupid, brainless, have 0 talent and her music is garbage, How about to collaborate with real talent girls and good voices? Marina And the Diamonds, Dua Lipa, Rita Ora...? This and the Maluma rumour makes me have very bad feelings about this album, now talifans hit me.

Well MIA was real talent, so I've been told, and we got Birthday Song.

55 minutes ago, Nikki said:

Guy wanting to make Madonna "big overseas"(lol she's already big overseas) ... should be good since that's what ppl here have been complaining about for years. He's trying to promote.

Just playing devil's advocate 🙂

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I don't think it is xenophobia.  A lot of the comments have come from members from Brazil where she is actually from.  People that already know her and her music well and just have different views and opinions on her.  

Sadly I agree theres at least prejudices. Read the comment above yours: one person moaning why she's not collaborating with Rita Ora. What makes better Rita than Anitta except being from an Anglo-Saxon country and singing songs from Anglo-Saxon pop structures? 

You would be AMAZED the level of racism in Latin America countries regarding their own roots. Many times the elites HATE anything related to their own pre Columbine cultures. Reggaeton is 100% Latin roots and people going all Anglo goes from snobism to racism really fast. 

1 hour ago, Sparks said:

Your message is so absurd I don't know where to begin. If you really think Dua Lipa and Rita Ora are superior to Anitta and Maluma you really should ask yourself why.

15 minutes ago, Sloane said:

Well MIA was real talent, so I've been told, and we got Birthday Song.

We got Birthday and GMAYL because they were GUEST in a Madonna song. Just like Anitta. We have zero idea how is the song where Anitta sings, if it's in Madonna's album or if it's part of some commercial or promotional campaign.

2 hours ago, BrendanT1993 said:

thinly veiled xenophobia in the form of "opinions" 

I agree. Quite a few of those who do not know Anitta seem to rate her below other collaborators purely because she's not American, European or something else more traditionally "pop friendly".

50 minutes ago, karbatal said:

We got Birthday and GMAYL because they were GUEST in a Madonna song. Just like Anitta. We have zero idea how is the song where Anitta sings, if it's in Madonna's album or if it's part of some commercial or promotional campaign.

People can get so hysterical on here without knowing any facts...for all you know she could just be singing backup vocals or only be appearing in the video for the first single...

By the way, Latin America is such a gigantic market and it's always overlooked when it comes to collaborations! The same with Asia! Look what happened this week with BTS in Instagram. Madonna should look at Asia sometimes too! 

10 hours ago, Gabriel Ciccone said:

Anitta in New York with DJ André Laudz and Zé Gonzales (Tropkillaz). They make brazilian funk. It's official, Madonna feat Anitta's will be funk!!!

10 hours ago, Gabriel Ciccone said:

Anitta and Tropkillaz together:

That's good news! Vai Malandra is the best Anitta song. And they also produced these:

1 hour ago, Sloane said:

Guy wanting to make Madonna "big overseas"(lol she's already big overseas) ... should be good since that's what ppl here have been complaining about for years. He's trying to promote.

Just playing devil's advocate 🙂

im talking about anitta of course.

Now I’m being called a racist because I’m not into Anitta and don’t like the idea of Madonna associating herself with Anitta because, in my opinion, she’s a lesser “artist”? Wow... the audacity of some people here. I wish moderators would take actions regarding such claims and that these people thought before posting. This is really offensive.

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

Sadly I agree theres at least prejudices. Read the comment above yours: one person moaning why she's not collaborating with Rita Ora. What makes better Rita than Anitta except being from an Anglo-Saxon country and singing songs from Anglo-Saxon pop structures? 

You would be AMAZED the level of racism in Latin America countries regarding their own roots. Many times the elites HATE anything related to their own pre Columbine cultures. Reggaeton is 100% Latin roots and people going all Anglo goes from snobism to racism really fast. 

Idk where you're from but I've been in Brazil and it's crazy how the level of racism is high there. 

Dont worry I think Madonna's career is going down in the latest years. And instead of focusing in real artists and quality music she is more worried in "Being young"...

Edited by O_g_c_x

Obviously we checked out Anitta's stuff and read about all her homophobic, sexist, and other bigoted views which is why most of us aren't into this collab. If we were all so racist, why were there no complaints about M working with Mirwais? Or Tupac? Or Babyface? Or basically every person minus Patrick Leonard she worked with? 

Just stop. 🙄

15 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

Now I’m being called a racist because I’m not into Anitta and don’t like the idea of Madonna associating herself with Anitta because, in my opinion, she’s a lesser “artist”? Wow... the audacity of some people here. I wish moderators would take actions regarding such claims and that these people thought before posting. This is really offensive.

No name was given. It was about some current of comments, not specifically yours.