Madonna's new album: coming in 2019

Camacho

10 minutes ago, robster said:

Some more info from my source. Again, I have no way to verify this information as of yet, so take this for what it is at the moment. We'll know early january if the source was true in his statements as he said that in the first few weeks of january we would be getting some official news!

• Don't worry about the features on the new album. They are hot and really bring something to the tracks.
  • He really stressed the fact that she really did the album her own way this time. This is her vision and she put her heart and soul in to it.
  • Some song titles on the board that we saw in the picture/video from the recording studio were working titles, and some are the real titles.
  • "Beautiful game" is still there, but not with the same title. It's not going to be a single though. It has never been considered to be the lead single.
  • It's a very positive album. Not many angry songs. She's in a place in her life where she feels good inside, with her children being the joy of her life. She doesnt need a man for the sake of it and you can feel it in the new music.
  • Some tracks are perfect for the summer.

excited-baby.gif

24 minutes ago, Shaun said:

I agree with this and with your assertion that Rebel Heart is a better record than COADF.

I hold RH in very highly esteem.

Based on robster’s comments, Magic is also going to be incredible. I trust Madonna completely. 

1 hour ago, robster said:

Some more info from my source. Again, I have no way to verify this information as of yet, so take this for what it is at the moment. We'll know early january if the source was true in his statements as he said that in the first few weeks of january we would be getting some official news!

• Don't worry about the features on the new album. They are hot and really bring something to the tracks.
  • He really stressed the fact that she really did the album her own way this time. This is her vision and she put her heart and soul in to it.
  • Some song titles on the board that we saw in the picture/video from the recording studio were working titles, and some are the real titles.
  • "Beautiful game" is still there, but not with the same title. It's not going to be a single though. It has never been considered to be the lead single.
  • It's a very positive album. Not many angry songs. She's in a place in her life where she feels good inside, with her children being the joy of her life. She doesnt need a man for the sake of it and you can feel it in the new music.
  • Some tracks are perfect for the summer.

:wow:

29 minutes ago, Nikki said:

but isn't Cape Verde and the Portuguese style of music she's into more about singing away deep negative emotions a la Sodade? anyway im very intrigued 

If by Portuguese style of music you mean Fado, it depends: old school is sad, new school is happy; it's not set in stone, but usually that's how it goes and it all depends on the lyrics. The ones that I saw Madonna listening to at Lisbon's nights were just re-invented classics. But, as I said before, I'm not sensing a Portuguese musical influence on the album sound per se. Maybe some Portuguese guitars here and there and some popular Fado sample, but all very minimal. She's not working with Portuguese musicians, so without any input from the inside I don't see how the album can have a truly luso influence or identity (Dino is Portuguese, but his music is Africa/World oriented).

Sodade is a well-known sad song, but Cape Verde have a lot of happier musical stuff. It just happened that Sodade is their signature song around the world.

1 hour ago, runa said:

I kinda felt BEAUTIFUL GAME was an "angry" song, no ? 

I didn't get that impression at all.

For me, her only truly angry song is Two Steps Behind Me and maybe Trust No Bitch, but they were never released officially. Bitch I'm Madonna has an angry delivery in the "who do you think you are" part but otherwise it's not angry. Oh and unapologetic bitch is also angry

Edited by bitsy

2 minutes ago, bitsy said:

I didn't get that impression at all.

For me, her only truly angry song is Two Steps Behind Me and maybe Trust No Bitch, but they were never released officially. Bitch I'm Madonna has an angry delivery in the "who do you think you are" part but otherwise it's not angry. Oh and unapologetic bitch is also angry

Some songs of MDNA are angry but it's true that very few in RH are that kind of song. Madonna's style has never been about angst or anger. Not even American Life, even though it's her official anger album. 

2 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Some songs of MDNA are angry but it's true that very few in RH are that kind of song. Madonna's style has never been about angst or anger. Not even American Life, even though it's her official anger album. 

Agreed.

If you think about it even in the entire style of pop music there are very few actually angry songs that have a sound/lyrics like that.

Agreed.

If you think about it even in the entire style of pop music there are very few actually angry songs that have a sound/lyrics like that.

Except for Glenn Ballard's compositions :lmao:. Omg even when Alanís moved on he wrote Left Outside Alone to Anastasia

3 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Except for Glenn Ballard's compositions :lmao:. Omg even when Alanís moved on he wrote Left Outside Alone to Anastasia 

I never heard that one but wow, it's really good! So thanks for mentioning it

I never heard that one but wow, it's really good! So thanks for mentioning it

The "poor helpless little man" line is glorious when you're lip syncing for your life with friends : 😂

Rebel heart was a big mess with good songs, bad mixing. Hoping Mike Dean is doing a better job this time around. I think he was rushed last time. I really miss Spike Stent. He was her best mixer. 

I wonder why the insider has nothing to say about the tour... Promo or world

9 minutes ago, BrendanT1993 said:

Rebel heart was a big mess with good songs, bad mixing. Hoping Mike Dean is doing a better job this time around. I think he was rushed last time. I really miss Spike Stent. He was her best mixer. 

I wonder why the insider has nothing to say about the tour... Promo or world

Can't reveal everything all at once maybe?

7 hours ago, runa said:

It's on spotify

edit: It seems you're right - the album is still there but the song isn't there anymore... weird. 

It isn’t 🤷🏻‍♂️ Must mean something!🧐🤪

20 hours ago, Plaything said:

He has provided a song this year for the concept album „Souris Calle“. The song is called „Souris (Arcane 13)“ and is an exquisite slice of French electronica. His style hasn’t changed much judging from this track but I think that’s a positive thing. (his track has since been deleted off the Spotify tracklist of this album but I don’t know why)

i just did some digging on the web.. i cant find the song anywhere.. did someone by any chance save it?