Madonna's new album: coming in 2019

Camacho

15 minutes ago, Nanation said:

I'm new and I'm a real fan, not a troll or a blind fan ... having a critical sense about Madonna's albums and not saying that everything is fabulous in her work is a proof of discernment .. Madonna can always back to top ... I trust him to be reborn from his ashes but an album like MDNA is not worthy of it and being a fan it is easy to realize that his investment in this album was minimal

Well thank you for letting us know about your critical sense of Madonna's work......all that in your first post too. Lovely. So, what else do you hate by Madonna?? lol

FYI though, just because someone likes MDNA or any album/song from her that you may not doesn't make them a blind fan that likes everything. 

7 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

For someone so young, you really have a dismissive tone about her recent work. 

I think Rebel Heart was her best album since Music.  Shows how much I loved Rebel Heart and for me personally it is indeed a hard bar to clear.  

i love rebel heart its jam packed full of all things madonna ...its just a pity we got to hear the demos etc etc i think thats annoyed fans 

12 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Matter of taste but there's a very good argument for RH being lyrically better. I adore COADF and think it's brilliantly crafted but lyrically, I was never super impressed tbqh. It was pretty much AL lyrics put to a "future disco" beat. I find the song structure for many RH songs to be more sophisticated as well. She really seemed interested in crafting great hooks and melodies. Seems like there was more of a sonic focus on COADF vs. lyrics.

Hmm. COADF is still regarded as her last great album and arguably among her best very best. Lyrically, its as strong as her other stuff I think. It was the last time I witnessed a Madonna mania. RH is great too, but it feels like it had too many cooks and the direction wasn't that straightforward. There were some great, no amazing songs, especially those from the Aviccii sessions. Too bad they couldn't finish the record together and too bad she hooked up with the likes of Diplo.

2 minutes ago, trickyricky said:

i love rebel heart its jam packed full of all things madonna ...its just a pity we got to hear the demos etc etc i think thats annoyed fans 

I have zero doubt that if we'd heard the demos AFTER the album was released, perceptions would most likely be very different.

2 minutes ago, elijah said:

Hmm. COADF is still regarded as her last great album and arguably among her best very best. Lyrically, its as strong as her other stuff I think. It was the last time I witnessed a Madonna mania. RH is great too, but it feels like it had too many cooks and the direction wasn't that straightforward. There were some great, no amazing songs, especially those from the Aviccii sessions. Too bad they couldn't finish the record together and too bad she hooked up with the likes of Diplo.

See, I'm on the other side of the fence on that. Thank goodness she hooked up with Diplo.....his work on that album gave it some edge. I mean, without the rebel songs we'd just have an album called Heart. RH certainly isn't as smooth of a listen as COADF but that aside, there are some really brilliantly crafted songs on there. I feel like her COADF lyrics were pretty effortless, meaning, I feel like she could come up with most of those lyrics in her sleep at that time. I don't mean that in a bad way either.....Hung Up, Get Together, Sorry.....all very simple lyrically but so effective, perfect pop songs they are. With RH songs, it seems like she was purging a lot of stuff, some of the most personal lyrics she's ever had really. I also like how she tackled many different subjects. The price of that though is the fact that RH is not really what many consider to be a "cohesive" album, certainly not in the way COADF is. 

Kylie just announced that she will be performing during the "Legend Spot" At Glastonbury this year, so I doubt we'll see Madonna there this year. I think we can put those rumors to rest for now...

1 hour ago, elijah said:

Rh ain’t better than coadf. Coadf is probably her best album - that or ROL.

I don't agree. In terms of big singles,.COAD is of course better. In terms of overall creativity and songs, it's Rebel Heart. 

And I don't consider COAD her best album at all. Erotica, LAP, LAV, TB or ROL are far better imo.

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

I don't agree. In terms of big singles,.COAD is of course better. In terms of overall creativity and songs, it's Rebel Heart. 

And I don't consider COAD her best album at all. Erotica, LAP, LAV, TB or ROL are far better imo.

no, u didn't :). COADF is great and the history has proved it is.

19 minutes ago, robster said:

Kylie just announced that she will be performing during the "Legend Spot" At Glastonbury this year, so I doubt we'll see Madonna there this year. I think we can put those rumors to rest for now...

I'm happy for Kylie. I’m disappointed because I was really hoping Madonna was going to be doing it, there were lots of rumours that she would be, especially with her new album coming out next year. It would have given her album a massive boost with promotion if she did perform at Glastonbury!

Would of been so awesome if she had a set list of about 6 or 7 songs like Radio 1’s big weekend. 

1. New song 

2. Hung Up

3. New song

4. Music

5. New Song

6. Vogue

I’m dreaming I know, but would of been epic. Massive missed opportunity for Madonna. Looking forward to the new album and tour regardless

11 hours ago, Shaun said:

Reviewers also called MDNA her best since Ray Of Light. I hate the comparisons. Each Madonna album is exquisite and brings something fresh to the table. And, yes, MDNA is included in that. Highly underrated by fans.

3 hours ago, Nanation said:

Blind Fan...

2 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Let me guess, ray of lighter??

2 hours ago, Nanation said:

I'm new and I'm a real fan, not a troll or a blind fan ... having a critical sense about Madonna's albums and not saying that everything is fabulous in her work is a proof of discernment .. Madonna can always back to top ... I trust him to be reborn from his ashes but an album like MDNA is not worthy of it and being a fan it is easy to realize that his investment in this album was minimal

2oprum.gif

1 hour ago, elijah said:

no, u didn't :). COADF is great and the history has proved it is.

:lol:

I'm not saying it's not great. I'm saying she has better albums. To be honest, she has such a great discography that is so difficult to rank! 

1 hour ago, BrendanT1993 said:

I'm happy for Kylie. I’m disappointed because I was really hoping Madonna was going to be doing it, there were lots of rumours that she would be, especially with her new album coming out next year. It would have given her album a massive boost with promotion if she did perform at Glastonbury!

Would of been so awesome if she had a set list of about 6 or 7 songs like Radio 1’s big weekend. 

1. New song 

2. Hung Up

3. New song

4. Music

5. New Song

6. Vogue

I’m dreaming I know, but would of been epic. Massive missed opportunity for Madonna. Looking forward to the new album and tour regardless

I wish she did promos like Kylie. And before people start screaming im anger, what I mean is that I would love it intimate BBC radio concerts, Spotify sessions and one hour interviews watching memorabilia or old clips and commenting.

4 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I wish she did promos like Kylie. And before people start screaming im anger, what I mean is that I would love it intimate BBC radio concerts, Spotify sessions and one hour interviews watching memorabilia or old clips and commenting.

Ooooooh that's a good way to think outside the box for M's new album promo. Let's pray M and her team are watching this thread

1 minute ago, BrendanT1993 said:

Ooooooh that's a good way to think outside the box for M's new album promo. Let's pray M and her team are watching this thread

Madonna hates oldies and such so I doubt it :lol:

For her outside the box is a long conversation in black and white with a chaman from the jungle playing a flute.

2 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Well thank you for letting us know about your critical sense of Madonna's work......all that in your first post too. Lovely. So, what else do you hate by Madonna?? lol

FYI though, just because someone likes MDNA or any album/song from her that you may not doesn't make them a blind fan that likes everything. 

Madonna is my idol for over 30 years and if you knew how much I've seen concert on every tour ... that does not stop me from being demanding with her ... I can imagine that we like MDNA .. . To put it at the same level as other Madonna albums I think we should not be very demanding just to think that ... Madonna n we have so used to excellent and superior albums to MDNA .. This makes me think that it really must be blind to put MDNA on the same level as albums like Ray Of Light, Like a Prayer or Music ...

Edited by Nanation

8 hours ago, SheldonCooper said:

Thanks. Did a search can’t find that song anywhere. Weird. Wonder if it’s M related because of the new album.  I dont think so but 🤷🏻‍♂️

It's on spotify

edit: It seems you're right - the album is still there but the song isn't there anymore... weird. 

6 minutes ago, Nanation said:

Madonna is my idol for over 30 years and if you knew how much I've seen concert on every tour ... that does not stop me from being demanding with her ... I can imagine that we like MDNA .. . To put it at the same level as other Madonna albums I think we should not be very demanding just to think that ... Madonna n we have so used to excellent and superior albums to MDNA .. This makes me think that it really must be blind to put MDNA on the same level as albums like Ray Of Light, Like a Prayer or Music ...

All a matter of taste I guess. I know fans that were with her from the beginning that she lost with ROL, which to me is outrageous but it doesn't make those people wrong. 

Honestly, if you trim the fat off of MDNA, you actually have a very solid album.

@Nanation agree to disagree completely. I absolutely love MDNA and have always put it above Ray Of Light and Music. To call me a blind fan because of that? Totally unnecessary and rude. Art is subjective. You’re in no position to dictate what type of fan I am.

Some more info from my source. Again, I have no way to verify this information as of yet, so take this for what it is at the moment. We'll know early january if the source was true in his statements as he said that in the first few weeks of january we would be getting some official news!

• Don't worry about the features on the new album. They are hot and really bring something to the tracks.
  • He really stressed the fact that she really did the album her own way this time. This is her vision and she put her heart and soul in to it.
  • Some song titles on the board that we saw in the picture/video from the recording studio were working titles, and some are the real titles.
  • "Beautiful game" is still there, but not with the same title. It's not going to be a single though. It has never been considered to be the lead single.
  • It's a very positive album. Not many angry songs. She's in a place in her life where she feels good inside, with her children being the joy of her life. She doesnt need a man for the sake of it and you can feel it in the new music.
  • Some tracks are perfect for the summer.

1 minute ago, robster said:

Some more info from my source. Again, I have no way to verify this information as of yet, so take this for what it is at the moment. We'll know early january if the source was true in his statements as he said that in the first few weeks of january we would be getting some official news!

• Don't worry about the features on the new album. They are hot and really bring something to the tracks.
  • He really stressed the fact that she really did the album her own way this time. This is her vision and she put her heart and soul in to it.
  • Some song titles on the board that we saw in the picture/video from the recording studio were working titles, and some are the real titles.
  • "Beautiful game" is still there, but not with the same title. It's not going to be a single though. It has never been considered to be the lead single.
  • It's a very positive album. Not many angry songs. She's in a place in her life where she feels good inside, with her children being the joy of her life. She doesnt need a man for the sake of it and you can feel it in the new music.

🤗

2 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

All a matter of taste I guess. I know fans that were with her from the beginning that she lost with ROL, which to me is outrageous but it doesn't make those people wrong. 

Honestly, if you trim the fat off of MDNA, you actually have a very solid album.

There are always some solid titles in Madonna's albums and I like many MDNA titles ... the problem for me on and album and that I seem impersonal on certain titles and Madonna is not used to rare exceptions to this

2 minutes ago, robster said:

Very good 🙂

5 minutes ago, Shaun said:

@Nanation agree to disagree completely. I absolutely love MDNA and have always put it above Ray Of Light and Music. To call me a blind fan because of that? Totally unnecessary and rude. Art is subjective. You’re in no position to dictate what type of fan I am.

Surprised by your tastes ... I apologize if I hurt you ... It's true that I do not know you ... so sorry

7 minutes ago, robster said:

So excited...

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

I agree with this and with your assertion that Rebel Heart is a better record than COADF.