Madonna's new album: coming in 2019

Camacho

17 minutes ago, runa said:

I agree. I really hope there's NO leak this time. 

Surely even the evil leak obsessed fans don’t want this leak. We’ve heard nothing, they were bragging like crazy before. I think it’s a good sign this campaign will run smoothly. 

Wasn’t Rebel Heart leaked by some crazy hacker fan rather than just a random who happend to stumble apon a CD in a draw at Universal? 

47 minutes ago, Nikki said:

by the way, I hope this info comes from someone in the known through connections and that some fans don't have a few demos on their hands already

If that happens, a true fan would never release a song and hurt M!

So called insider from PJ

If you want something less substantial then remember there's gonna be two tracks out almost at the same time, not the same day but very close. Two very different tracks. Brand new strategy for Madonna.

11 hours ago, robster said:

Okay, so... Some info I got from someone apparently in the know. It's not world shocking information, but interesting nonetheless and time will tell how trustworthy this info really is, but I decided to share it regardless. If only for us all to have something to discuss during the holidays:

• Do not expect anything in 2018.
  • Official info will begin to be shared little by little in the first weeks of January.
  • At the moment the definitive track listing is not done yet.
  • She really put her heart and soul into this album. No fillers here.
  • "Killers" is indeed a killer track.
  • She didn't play it safe. She took risks musically and he really means RISKS. Some of the tracks people will be like "WOW, what is that?!" At first listen. Of course a couple of tracks are less innovative, more commercial. But even those are top notch.
  • Some tracks you can't compare to any other music out there really, at least not that he knows of.
  • The only thing is that it's not a very cohesive album as a whole. But the tracks are so out of this world that you couldn't care less about cohesiveness. but according to him, the album is not messy (as he thinks "Rebel Heart" was).
  • It's no secret that there will be Latino influences on the album so to a certain extent people who love tracks like "Spanish Lesson" will be happy. But of course the Latino tracks do not sound like "Spanish Lesson". They are way better. The influences on this album are incredible.
  • In his opinion, this is her best album since COADF.

Don't shoot the messenger...

Thank you for the info, very interesting. I'm just curious, where do some people here get this info, I mean who are these "in the know" people? I'm not judging the info, I'm just curious.

52 minutes ago, Mensch said:

So I mean seriously, the album is called Magic lmfao ...I just got the 2019 calendar email and they were like “#magic” 😂😂😂

lmaoo yep LOL

Maybe we will have another Production / Music situation here.

Mirwais was about to finish his solo album „Production“ when Madonna started working with him on „Music“. The first track they worked on (Paradise) ended up on both albums. His song Never Young Again clearly inspired the song Music, because some sound effects are basically identical. I also read somewhere that the instrumental demo of what then ended up as the song Impressive Instant was a left-over from his Production material. So I think he worked simultaneously on both projects which is very similar to what happened this year.

Production was released in April 2000, ahead of the Music campaign, and Paradise was the first song we got to hear from their recording sessions. I remember radio stations actually played it because everyone was thirsty for new Madonna. A few weeks later the Music campaign officially kicked off with the smash single Music. Both tracks, Paradise and Music, share a similar soundscape of bizarre electronica but at the same time they couldn’t be more different from each other. One track is a catchy dance song while the other track is a left-field melancholic ballad. With all this talk of 2 songs being released at the same time, maybe it’s going to be similar to what happened in 2000? 

Mirwais has been teasing a new solo album for years now and at the end of 2017/beginning of 2018 it seemed like an announcement was right around the corner. But then everything changed and he started posting more and more Madonna pictures from the American Life days. In what initially seemed like a nostalgic throwback to his more successful days actually was a sign of what was about to happen. 

To cut a long story short - I believe he got in touch with Madonna (or vice-versa) at the right time again. He must have worked on tons of demos in recent years and I‘m sure Madonna was impressed with what she heard. I‘m not implying that she gets served with songs all the time and doesn’t work on demos from scratch as well (we know she does) but it’s quite possible that history is repeating and she snatched some great stuff what was supposed to end up on his own album. 

My theory is that the first track, which is going to be experimental and new for her, will be first heard on Mirwais‘ new solo album in early 2019. Shortly after Madonna is going to kick off the Magic campaign with the dance hit Killers! 

(Wishful thinking, of course. I don’t know where Maluma or Anitta fit in my very specific but random theory) :lol:

14 minutes ago, Plaything said:

Mirwais was about to finish his solo album „Production“ when Madonna started working with him on „Music“. The first track they worked on (Paradise) ended up on both albums. His song Never Young Again clearly inspired the song Music, because some sound effects are basically identical. I also read somewhere that the instrumental demo of what then ended up as the song Impressive Instant was a left-over from his Production material. So I think he worked simultaneously on both projects which is very similar to what happened this year.

Production was released in April 2000, ahead of the Music campaign, and Paradise was the first song we got to hear from their recording sessions. I remember radio stations actually played it because everyone was thirsty for new Madonna. A few weeks later the Music campaign officially kicked off with the smash single Music. Both tracks, Paradise and Music, share a similar soundscape of bizarre electronica but at the same time they couldn’t be more different from each other. One track is a catchy dance song while the other track is a left-field melancholic ballad. With all this talk of 2 songs being released at the same time, maybe it’s going to be similar to what happened in 2000? 

Mirwais has been teasing a new solo album for years now and at the end of 2017/beginning of 2018 it seemed like an announcement was right around the corner. But then everything changed and he started posting more and more Madonna pictures from the American Life days. In what initially seemed like a nostalgic throwback to his more successful days actually was a sign of what was about to happen. 

To cut a long story short - I believe he got in touch with Madonna (or vice-versa) at the right time again. He must have worked on tons of demos in recent years and I‘m sure Madonna was impressed with what she heard. I‘m not implying that she gets served with songs all the time and doesn’t work on demos from scratch as well (we know she does) but it’s quite possible that history is repeating and she snatched some great stuff what was supposed to end up on his own album. 

My theory is that the first track, which is going to be experimental and new for her, will be first heard on Mirwais‘ new solo album in early 2019. Shortly after Madonna is going to kick off the Magic campaign with the dance hit Killers! 

(Wishful thinking, of course. I don’t know where Maluma or Anitta fit in my very specific but random theory) :lol:

Agree 100%

:clap:

12 hours ago, robster said:

Okay, so... Some info I got from someone apparently in the know. It's not world shocking information, but interesting nonetheless and time will tell how trustworthy this info really is, but I decided to share it regardless. If only for us all to have something to discuss during the holidays:

• Do not expect anything in 2018.
  • Official info will begin to be shared little by little in the first weeks of January.
  • At the moment the definitive track listing is not done yet.
  • She really put her heart and soul into this album. No fillers here.
  • "Killers" is indeed a killer track.
  • She didn't play it safe. She took risks musically and he really means RISKS. Some of the tracks people will be like "WOW, what is that?!" At first listen. Of course a couple of tracks are less innovative, more commercial. But even those are top notch.
  • Some tracks you can't compare to any other music out there really, at least not that he knows of.
  • The only thing is that it's not a very cohesive album as a whole. But the tracks are so out of this world that you couldn't care less about cohesiveness. but according to him, the album is not messy (as he thinks "Rebel Heart" was).
  • It's no secret that there will be Latino influences on the album so to a certain extent people who love tracks like "Spanish Lesson" will be happy. But of course the Latino tracks do not sound like "Spanish Lesson". They are way better. The influences on this album are incredible.
  • In his opinion, this is her best album since COADF.

Don't shoot the messenger...

Fascinating. THANKS! I'm especially curious on the Latino influences.

12 hours ago, robster said:

The things I like the most about M14

15 hours ago, CalinB said:

are you referring to sevdaliza_? I see M started following her on Instagram.  I like her work....

Madonna is now following on Instagram Emmanuel Adjei, the director of the video above. He won awards for it.

https://www.instagram.com/emmanueladjei_/

Mirwais is a genius. Sounds alll so promising! Maluma is hot right now. 🔥 Thanks Rob(though i’m new on here) and i don’t know you i appreciate any news on the new album!

Still curious how Mirwais sound is today or how it’s evolved if anything. Anybody hear some recent stuff from him?

1 hour ago, Plaything said:

Good point.

"Killers" is indeed a killer track.

Ok, they also were saying Living for Love was an anthem. Which it has the feeling of an anthem a little, but not compared to other songs of her. I hope is like a "Music by Mirwais" killer track.

4 minutes ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

Ok, they also were saying Living for Love was an anthem. Which it has the feeling of an anthem a little, but not compared to other songs of her. I hope is like a "Music by Mirwais" killer track.

🙄

5 minutes ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

Oh c’mon 🤷‍♂️.......nobody has a not got a clue! ‘Killers’ was the only legible word on that whiteboard, who knows that’s even the name of the song?! 

Also I remember everyone going absolutely apeshit the day Living For Love (which I love) leaked, saying it was as good as Hung Up and Music etc, and now proclaim it to be utter crap.