Madonna's new album: coming in 2019

Camacho

3 hours ago, robster said:

Okay, so... Some info I got from someone apparently in the know. It's not world shocking information, but interesting nonetheless and time will tell how trustworthy this info really is, but I decided to share it regardless. If only for us all to have something to discuss during the holidays:

• Do not expect anything in 2018.
  • Official info will begin to be shared little by little in the first weeks of January.
  • At the moment the definitive track listing is not done yet.
  • She really put her heart and soul into this album. No fillers here.
  • "Killers" is indeed a killer track.
  • She didn't play it safe. She took risks musically and he really means RISKS. Some of the tracks people will be like "WOW, what is that?!" At first listen. Of course a couple of tracks are less innovative, more commercial. But even those are top notch.
  • Some tracks you can't compare to any other music out there really, at least not that he knows of.
  • The only thing is that it's not a very cohesive album as a whole. But the tracks are so out of this world that you couldn't care less about cohesiveness. but according to him, the album is not messy (as he thinks "Rebel Heart" was).
  • It's no secret that there will be Latino influences on the album so to a certain extent people who love tracks like "Spanish Lesson" will be happy. But of course the Latino tracks do not sound like "Spanish Lesson". They are way better. The influences on this album are incredible.
  • In his opinion, this is her best album since COADF.

Don't shoot the messenger...

Fabulous!!! ❤️

4 hours ago, robster said:

Okay, so... Some info I got from someone apparently in the know. It's not world shocking information, but interesting nonetheless and time will tell how trustworthy this info really is, but I decided to share it regardless. If only for us all to have something to discuss during the holidays:

• Official info will begin to be shared little by little in the first weeks of January.
  • She didn't play it safe. She took risks musically and he really means RISKS. Some of the tracks people will be like "WOW, what is that?!" At first listen. Of course a couple of tracks are less innovative, more commercial. But even those are top notch.
  • Some tracks you can't compare to any other music out there really, at least not that he knows of.
  • The only thing is that it's not a very cohesive album as a whole. But the tracks are so out of this world that you couldn't care less about cohesiveness. but according to him, the album is not messy (as he thinks "Rebel Heart" was).
  • It's no secret that there will be Latino influences on the album so to a certain extent people who love tracks like "Spanish Lesson" will be happy. But of course the Latino tracks do not sound like "Spanish Lesson". They are way better. The influences on this album are incredible.

You made my day!!!!!

4 hours ago, robster said:

Spanish Lesson shouldve been a single

5 hours ago, robster said:

Thanks so much for sharing!   Even though it's not very specific- it's making me feel really excited for what's coming and that it's going to be worth the wait.  I like this kind of news as it is hopeful and promising without giving away too much.

Not to sound negative but cohesiveness was something i was really hoping for, as we've not ahd that since Hard Candy.

I thought a lot of the tracks off rebel heart were amazing, but its lack of cohesion (plus a big old leak) killed it for many.

7 minutes ago, robster said:

Maluma and Nakhane are definately on the album apparently!

as long as the ‘risky’ songs are special in the way frozen or paradise nfm or even no substitute for love are, instead of the bitch im madonna kind🙂

I mean, yeah, It goes without saying we should take these rumours with a grain of salt. But all in all these “rumours” sound very positive.

Madonna doesn’t do cohesive very well lately imho, so that’s no shocker. However I DO believe she’s poured her heart into this album, keeping it very secret - case in point it hasn't leaked yet. Could this be the first leak free era since what, Ray of Light or Music??

I don’t know these names ppl are dropping randomly that she’s supposedly working with, and I think that’s a good thing? I’m so eager to see what direction she goes in. 

Praying for something Latin/Deeper and Deeper/Deep House feels.

7 hours ago, robster said:

Thanks for sharing. Much appreaciated.

The positive reaction to your post here, as opposed to the negative reaction on Popjustice speaks volumes about how I feel about most of the members on that forum.

7 hours ago, robster said:

It really seems very promising .Thanks!

23 minutes ago, intenseguy said:

Not cohesive but the tracklisting is not done yet... this is quite a contradiction. But thanks for the info!  

Tracklisting probably has more to do with the order of the tracks, sequencing if you will...

I think that Madonna's idea of doing an album that is influenced by Latino music and is at risky at the same is a very clever move. Now I am really excited about it

Sounds promising. Btw we are living in the postmodern time, cohesion is not part of it, fragmentation is, it's just what it is (think theory, fashion, music, movies, art (Bacon anyone?)). She is once again on the forefront.

8 hours ago, robster said:

Best news we've had all year! Thank you so much!

20 minutes ago, karbatal said:

It sounds really great. Reminds me a bit though to the infamous "dance in a different way" to describe American Life :lol:

Thank you Robster. 

pretty sure that was about GAYL

Interesting observation from another PJ user

Her newsletter about her 2019 calendar caught my eye:

Madonna fans!

The coming year promises to be a #magic one for all of us... So let’s celebrate music with the 2019 calendar, which features cover artworks to all of Madonna’s studio albums!

21 minutes ago, karbatal said:

It sounds really great. Reminds me a bit though to the infamous "dance in a different way" to describe American Life :lol:

Thank you Robster. 

I thought it was RH who made us dance in a different way...  :think:

I'm so excited!!!! :tigger:Thank you robster!!! :inlove: Sounds promising in every way. Please keep sharing any small detail you hear or think of later. It might not be big in the big picture, but it's a crumb we will devour and appreciate!!!