Madonna's new album: coming in 2019

Camacho

5 hours ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

They are not worlds apart. If you can speak one language, you can understand the other roughly. Canadian Portuguese singer Nelly Furtado prefers to release her records in Spanish language instead of Portuguese. The biggest difference is primarily the pronunciation:

Spanish: ¿Hay una diferencia esencial entre el español y el portugués?

Portuguese: Há uma diferencia essencial entre o espanho e o português?

There's a huge difference between Portugal and Spain, even our cultures they are worlds apart. As a portuguese I'd be very offedend if someone tries to reduce my culture or my language as part of the spanish one. We only have similiarities due to geography, that's all. 

Portuguese language is a great market as well, maybe not as big as spanish, but we have people that speak portuguese in all continents. 

37 minutes ago, lautert said:

The biggest difference is primarily the pronunciation

They are completely different languages and cultures. Please, stop that English supremacy racism. Is like saying English and African are almost the same, except in pronunciation. The fact that Furtado chose to launch her albums in Spanish is just like Aguilera did too without speaking that language at all. Market volume.

She's in New York and hash tagging #magic #music so I'm wondering if there will be a sneaky photoshoot or video done before Xmas ?

Or maybe she's just playing the new music to people/insiders/friends and nothing will happen until January? Hmm...

29 minutes ago, humanracin said:

She's in New York and hash tagging #magic #music so I'm wondering if there will be a sneaky photoshoot or video done before Xmas ?

Or maybe she's just playing the new music to people/insiders/friends and nothing will happen until January? Hmm...

She removed the hashtags and posted another pic

58 minutes ago, humanracin said:

well she did get her eyebrows done lol

3 hours ago, lautert said:

There's a huge difference between Portugal and Spain, even our cultures they are worlds apart. As a portuguese I'd be very offedend...

It seems to be in fashion, to be offended. I don't talk about the culture. I talk about the language. I have been in Portugal and it was easy for me to communicate, based on my little Spanish skills, with Portuguese people.

3 hours ago, flipergebet said:

Please, stop that English supremacy racism.

You don't know me, so you plug your insults elsewhere and and consider if something in your life goes wrong, when you throw your poor prejudices into the world.

8 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Exactly! It seems like there's no "formula" that guarantees a hit these days.....for ANY artist, much less Madonna. Furthermore, as fast as things move, a somewhat successful "formula" in October, may be a complete an utter failed approach by March. Song quality seems to be at the bottom of the list of things that = a hit these days....lots of boring, monotonous, tired, shit songs that fly up the charts. We know streaming is important for any artist trying to have a "hit" these days but outside of that, it seems like different things work for different artists. Beyonce releases her 15th surprise album and the world shuts down and it shifts 800k in two days, another BIG artist could do the same thing and the response would be *crickets*.

As you mention, the hottest artist releasing a song with a hot producer can push a song and it fails.....another hot artist can drop a song and go hibernate for 3 months and it'll fly up the charts. No guaranteed formula for a "hit". That must make it incredibly hard for a nearly 40 year music veteran in their 60's. I think fans need to cut the woman a break and realize, a hit, while not impossible, would be the exception, not the norm and we should have ZERO expectations when it comes to that. I think we need to chill out with bashing all these divas for their "flops" when...well...in a few months....we may be eating crow...lol....btw, that's ZERO reflection on the quality of her work. Commercially though, it's only going to get harder and harder for our girl. That's just the way it is at this point.

Totally agree. It's the wild west now and no amount of promo can guarantee a hit if the timing / alignment of the stars isn't right.

And yes It seems people delight in calling other divas's albums flops, but I believe this flop/cancel culture actually causes people to prematurely dismiss quality content.

I was talking about Mariah's new album with some millenials and heard the old refrain, "I didn't even know she had new music!" and that one has been hitting the promo trail HARD.

19 hours ago, luluthecat said:

M’s team aren’t smart enough to release physicals for the collectible female artist of all time. Even if they did release something they’d be so ugly it would’nt be worth handing over your hard earn cash for (look at the RH physicals). Just imagine you could have an original 12x12 Aldo Diaz artwork sitting in your living room - 🤮🤮🤮🤮

19 hours ago, luluthecat said:

M’s team aren’t smart enough to release physicals for the collectible female artist of all time. Even if they did release something they’d be so ugly it would’nt be worth handing over your hard earn cash for (look at the RH physicals). Just imagine you could have an original 12x12 Aldo Diaz artwork sitting in your living room - 🤮🤮🤮🤮

Exactly in the day and age of streaming, she’s going to need physicals for support since she’s one of thoe artists that is going to struggle with streaming. Her streaming figures aren’t high enough and with the help of physicals, we could see a peak in the 40s and opposed to barely scrapping in the top 100. However, we can trust those fuckwits in her team to drop the ball and abandon the project the second a single flops...

8 hours ago, Jitterbug said:

Exactly in the day and age of streaming, she’s going to need physicals for support since she’s one of thoe artists that is going to struggle with streaming. Her streaming figures aren’t high enough and with the help of physicals, we could see a peak in the 40s and opposed to barely scrapping in the top 100. However, we can trust those fuckwits in her team to drop the ball and abandon the project the second a single flops...

Just releasing a great middle of the song is the key. Michael Jackson's love never felt so good ended up being huge in the UK. I think it technically outsold Bad.

It's all about streaming and a good pop song with no controversy seems to be the way to get it on playlists.

Obviously, older artists have it harder but still a la Isla Bonita would down a storm.

30 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

Just releasing a great middle of the song is the key. Michael Jackson's love never felt so good ended up being huge in the UK. I think it technically outsold Bad.

It's all about streaming and a good pop song with no controversy seems to be the way to get it on playlists.

Obviously, older artists have it harder but still a la Isla Bonita would down a storm.

Yeah but her streaming numbers aren’t high enough to generate a massive hit. She may be able to score an average or moderate hit with the right material and A LOT of push but she may need the physicals to boost her chart positions since a large majority of her fan base are middle aged to older people who don’t stream but buy.. It’s about trying to get people to stream the song.. Plus Jackson’s Love song was released in 2014 when streaming hadn’t fully caught on yet and downloads were the biggest seller.. 

It's very ambivalent our approach to Madonna having a smash hit. Of course we know that her singles can be as big musically as always, because she's got so much talent as a songwriter. But I don't think that is enough for charts anymore and even if Madonna released Frozen or Hung Up nowadays it would not be such a big hit. Not only teenagers are in another dimension (a universe apart) from this music, but also hits are crafted in a way that makes veteran artists have hits. 

With all that ideas, we have to ask ourselves if it is a good idea to have a big hit, because you can only have that with prominent featurings and sounds that either don't suit Madonna or are not of quality. We are being very ambivalent because we demand a quality, certain artists to collaborate with, but also demand a big hit with nowadays scenario. It is very, very, very difficult! 

The more we ask and DEMAND for a big hit, the more Anittas and Minajs we will have. Also, the more certain people will suffer here if that doesn't happen. 

11 minutes ago, karbatal said:

It's very ambivalent our approach to Madonna having a smash hit. Of course we know that her singles can be as big musically as always, because she's got so much talent as a songwriter. But I don't think that is enough for charts anymore and even if Madonna released Frozen or Hung Up nowadays it would not be such a big hit. Not only teenagers are in another dimension (a universe apart) from this music, but also hits are crafted in a way that makes veteran artists have hits. 

With all that ideas, we have to ask ourselves if it is a good idea to have a big hit, because you can only have that with prominent featurings and sounds that either don't suit Madonna or are not of quality. We are being very ambivalent because we demand a quality, certain artists to collaborate with, but also demand a big hit with nowadays scenario. It is very, very, very difficult! 

The more we ask and DEMAND for a big hit, the more Anittas and Minajs we will have. Also, the more certain people will suffer here if that doesn't happen. 

Very good analisi

9 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

I was banned for like a year and literally nothing has happened since :lmao:

the only thing that happened is that these girls here got MAD ANNOYING :lmao:

3 minutes ago, Isaac said:

here she looks comfortable in (the same exact) corset.

M.jpg

Many women look comfortable in high heels but I can assure you most of them will tell you they're not. 

3 minutes ago, runa said:

Many women look comfortable in high heels but I can assure you most of them will tell you they're not. 

you have something to confess? :chuckle:

juuust kidding :wink: what i meant was i don't think the corset is the hardest part she's referring to.

Edited by Isaac

According a Brazilian news site G1, Madonna's new single is titled "Batuka", it will feature Brazilian singer Anitta, while the album is coming out within the first three months of 2019.

https://g1.globo.com/pop-arte/musica/blog/mauro-ferreira/post/2018/12/09/possivel-gravacao-de-anitta-com-madonna-e-a-prova-definitiva-de-que-a-artista-brasileira-chegou-la.ghtml

5 minutes ago, BrendanT1993 said:

According a Brazilian news site G1, Madonna's new single is titled "Batuka", it will feature Brazilian singer Anitta, while the album is coming out within the first three months of 2019.

https://g1.globo.com/pop-arte/musica/blog/mauro-ferreira/post/2018/12/09/possivel-gravacao-de-anitta-com-madonna-e-a-prova-definitiva-de-que-a-artista-brasileira-chegou-la.ghtml

Here is the cover

Image result for batuka gif

6 minutes ago, BrendanT1993 said:

Is this reliable?