Madonna's new album: coming in 2019

Camacho

4 hours ago, CalinB said:

I can't wait!!! I hope we get some video for the holidays!! Champagne Rosé?

Does someone here can read lips???

10 hours ago, iasonas said:

OK, if you think American Life, Gimme All Your Luvin and Living for Love are first single material and can successfully launch an era like Frozen, Music, Hung Up etc. did, then I don't know what to say. The albums went nowhere from the moment those lead singles drop. A bad lead single can ruin the whole era when it comes to Madonna. Whereas a good one, can set the right tone.

Exactly. And you are absolutely right: Hung Up was the last single that really takes your breath away/was innovative/instantly iconic without being corny (GMAYL) or sounding like it was done by someone else previously (4 minutes). And yes, her first single has to be perfect if she want a successful era. I agree that MDNA and RH had terrible single choices that pretty much decided their fate. MDNA 1st single could have been LS, Beautiful Killer or I m Addicted and I m sure it would have been much more successful than what we got. RH could have started perfectly with Rebel Heart (Aviccii) as the lead or Devil Pray.

14 minutes ago, elijah said:

Exactly. And you are absolutely right: Hung Up was the last single that really takes your breath away/was innovative/instantly iconic without being corny (GMAYL) or sounding like it was done by someone else previously (4 minutes). And yes, her first single has to be perfect if she want a successful era. I agree that MDNA and RH had terrible single choices that pretty much decided their fate. MDNA 1st single could have been LS, Beautiful Killer or I m Addicted and I m sure it would have been much more successful than what we got. RH could have started perfectly with Rebel Heart (Aviccii) as the lead or Devil Pray.

What does 4 Minutes sound like?

27 minutes ago, Geiger83 said:

Does someone here can read lips???

"Fill my cup Champagne Rosé / It's my name / Fill me up Champagne rosé / It's my game"

She posted the same video with sound previously 😁

53 minutes ago, Ray Finkle said:

"Fill my cup Champagne Rosé / It's my name / Fill me up Champagne rosé / It's my game"

She posted the same video with sound previously 😁

Oh, thanks...

Till the album comes out:

It's all an ilusion...that's too much confusion...

:confessions:

Edited by Geiger83
grammar

6 hours ago, Plaything said:

Are we even sure that this ever happened or is this some kind of myth? 4 Minutes definitely sounds like first single material. I just can’t imagine that M was sitting there fighting for Candy Shop, it’s absurd.

This was reported after a Warner listening party for Hard Candy — Liz was there obviously, and the theme was very candy-oriented. So “insiders” reported Madonna wanted CS as first single, was less enthusiastic about 4M (and supposedly found the suggestion of Beat Goes On laughable). But — I would classify this all as “rumors.” Madonna never went on record as preferring CS over 4M. She has, however, preferred to perform it live, and I am all for it. Every performance of CS has been awesome, honestly. And it has not been a rehash yet — each one has been fresh.

4M, on the other hand, was a great first single with lots of energy... but it has limited application live because of the JT and Timbaland parts. I’m glad she used it recently at that Leonardo DiCaprio charity event. And it was important for the promo tours for HC and the S&ST. But I’m kinda glad she uses it sparingly. I think it is challenging for her to sing live in comparison to some of her other gems. The only time I would have thought it could have worked, when she did not use it, was the Super Bowl. To have a live marching band to re-create those horns LIVE?! That would have gone over well. But I am not complaining! Super Bowl was spectacular.

Just the fact she made it public she didn't want to be part of music farms still leaves me shocked. I can't believe she was told she needed to use them!!!

IMHO the last ten years has seen a distinct drop in the quality of singles and album content. 

Hopefully, she's back in the driving seat with a great team to put her back on top.

2 hours ago, Plaything said:

well I‘m pretty sure that was not the reason.

:lmao:

Anyone who thinks MDNA and Rebel Heart had good singles need a checkup! I agree with the people saying Warner handled the releases way better than Madonna on her own and her non-existent "team".

4 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

:lmao:

Anyone who thinks MDNA and Rebel Heart had good singles need a checkup! I agree with the people saying Warner handled the releases way better than Madonna on her own and her non-existent "team".

Guess I need a check up! We’ll have to agree to disagree.

4 hours ago, Lolasmommy said:

I wonder what happened to that Listening Party which was to happen in November for the Monaco competition winners - has anyone heard any updates?

i think it has probably been pushed back to Dec/Jan.

That and the horses ride on the beach. But Comporta, where she loves to ride them, was just sold to investment holding, so idk if that blocked the plans. :dazed:

10 minutes ago, Cyber-Raga said:

Yeah at another point that too.

Um I don’t think the album was ever supposed to be called Candy Shop!

However it is correct that it was supposed to be called Give It To Me.

Some of you tend to post rumours  (or worse: simply untrue things) as „facts“ and it’s getting annoying.

1 minute ago, Plaything said:

Some of you tend to post rumours  (or worse: simply untrue things) as „facts“ and it’s getting annoying.

I remember when the album was rumored to be called "Licorice".  Although a rumor.... Hard Candy and Licorice are similarly themed.  Histooricalky, Madonna rumors have oten contained elements of truth...  

2 minutes ago, sul8323 said:

I remember when the album was rumored to be called "Licorice".  Although a rumor.... Hard Candy and Licorice are similarly themed.  Histooricalky, Madonna rumors have oten contained elements of truth...  

The Licorice title was made up by Robster 🙃

2 hours ago, Shaun said:

Guess I need a check up! We’ll have to agree to disagree.

You think Give Me All Your Luvin' and Living for Love are on par with 4 Minutes and Hung Up?

2 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

You think Give Me All Your Luvin' and Living for Love are on par with 4 Minutes and Hung Up?

GMAYL no, but LFL definitely. I'd say more: LFL is 100% better than 4 minutes.

2 hours ago, Plaything said:

Yes. Candy Shop then Give it 2 Me but ended up Hard Candy because of 50 cent and that nelly justin and timbaland song. She mentioned in an interview...i believe the one in the candyshop with a British interviewer? A woman.

Let's face it, either Rebel Heart demo (AVICII) or GHOSTTOWN would have been the ideal first single from RH but who cares I mean the era was fabulous anyway and memorable for the GP too in spite of no hits because of the leaks.