Madonna's new album: coming in 2019

Camacho

4 hours ago, Gabriel Ciccone said:

Any information about the album? I think they finished. Lauren D'elia is back to USA.

wasnt this 5 months ago? finished my ass..

11 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

please, all her singles are quality. 0 bad.

OK, if you think American Life, Gimme All Your Luvin and Living for Love are first single material and can successfully launch an era like Frozen, Music, Hung Up etc. did, then I don't know what to say. The albums went nowhere from the moment those lead singles drop. A bad lead single can ruin the whole era when it comes to Madonna. Whereas a good one, can set the right tone.

Just now, iasonas said:

OK, if you think American Life, Gimme All Your Luvin and Living for Love are first single material and can successfully launch an era like Frozen, Music, Hung Up etc. did, then I don't know what to say. The albums went nowhere from the moment those lead singles drop.

yes, they are. And oeople in this forum were praising LFL until it flopped.

12 minutes ago, peppermint said:

I don't know why but my gut feeling tells me that she will kill us with a dance anthem as the opening single! I just feel it..#soon 

i hope its mid tempo song. Last album had Dance anthem and gb werent here for it.

It's not about what we personally like. Most of us love LFL, but that doesn't make it a good lead single.

I'm just saying that her lead singles after 2003 have been hit or miss when it comes to appealing to the masses and getting the general public interested to her project. Let's hope they get it right this time both in terms of type of lead single and execution of release, promo etc..

2 hours ago, dollhouse said:

people seem to go nuts here

Im seeing that lol.  

1 hour ago, iasonas said:

It's not about what we personally like. Most of us love LFL, but that doesn't make it a good lead single.

I'm just saying that her lead singles after 2003 have been hit or miss when it comes to appealing to the masses and getting the general public interested to her project. Let's hope they get it right this time both in terms of type of lead single and execution of release, promo etc..

appealing to the masses and getting a hit requires streaming and recorg company promo.

Interscope is useless, LFL would have been a hit under WB.

she need a big ft. Drake.

1 hour ago, dollhouse said:

appealing to the masses and getting a hit requires streaming and recorg company promo.

Interscope is useless, LFL would have been a hit under WB.

she need a big ft. Drake.

I agree to a certain extent.

But I don’t think she’s put anything out as strong as she ever did under Warner’s so u can’t really say hand on my heart it’s all because she has no record company backing.

If she put out Hung Up, Music or Frozen on Interscope and it didn’t do anything THEN I’ll believe it.

Fact is her lead singles under Interscope have been her most average of her entire career.

I have high hopes for Madonna & Mirwais next year !! A killer dance anthem for a sensational lead !!

I think Madonna's ideas sometimes were not in sync with the times. GMAYL and LFL were not bad songs at all, but rather a release that a traditional record label with an observing AOR team would have changed, just as they did with Bedtime Story / Secret and Ray Of Light/ Frozen. 

8 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I think Madonna's ideas sometimes were not in sync with the times. GMAYL and LFL were not bad songs at all, but rather a release that a traditional record label with an observing AOR team would have changed, just as they did with Bedtime Story / Secret and Ray Of Light/ Frozen. 

Or Candy Shop / 4 Minutes. She kept complaining about how Warner wanted 4 Minutes, but she wanted Candy Shop to be the lead. LOL. 

1 minute ago, caba1 said:

She's using a rose emoji. I think she's teasing us... the cover with a fado rose?

"Champagne Rosé" (there's a bottle of Champagne before the rose)

34 minutes ago, iasonas said:

Or Candy Shop / 4 Minutes. She kept complaining about how Warner wanted 4 Minutes, but she wanted Candy Shop to be the lead. LOL. 

Oh God can you imagine !!!!

I think Warner’s made the right choice 4 minutes was the best choice for lead.

5 hours ago, dollhouse said:

what the hell r u blabbing bout?

Ghosttown is her best ballad, for example.

Ghost town is nowhere close to being her best ballad. This topic has come up before and most people agree that MDNA at rebel heart are  good albums but that are missing that one single that you just know should be a smash.  Ghosttown sounds like a cute top 20 and at best.

Madonna is so clever when it comes for production, theme, artistic direction... But she's always a bit lost when judging her own songs! Vogue is another example. Or Amazing. I don't expect it to change next album, either she trusts completely in some shrewd outsider (Mike Dean, Mirwais) or she'll choose randomly as she's always done. That's the bummer of not being under some management from a record company.

6 hours ago, peppermint said:

I don't know why but my gut feeling tells me that she will kill us with a dance anthem as the opening single! I just feel it..#soon 

I think so too. Mainly because of the short snippet which reminded me of a dance stomper in the vein of Hung Up and also because of her reference to Mirwais as Disco God. 

Are we even sure that this ever happened or is this some kind of myth? 4 Minutes definitely sounds like first single material. I just can’t imagine that M was sitting there fighting for Candy Shop, it’s absurd.

1 hour ago, Plaything said:

Are we even sure that this ever happened or is this some kind of myth? 4 Minutes definitely sounds like first single material. I just can’t imagine that M was sitting there fighting for Candy Shop, it’s absurd.

Vogue as bside says hello... 

15 hours ago, iasonas said:

Please give us a quality lead single. Please. 

Out of the 5 last albums, only 1 had a killer quality lead single and that was COADF with Hung Up.

We all know it was the last time you liked something she did. Biggest question: after all these years, why are you still here????

...... oh yeah. I know... To remember us, in every fucking post you will do, her new album flops on charts. Just like you did for the last three album. 

Pathetic.

4 hours ago, Plaything said:

The title "Candy Shop" was too close to 50-Cent's song, that's partly why "4 Minutes" was prefereed.