New album thread

TXIII

Any artist can get influences from whoever they want and dress as they want. So Madonna can’t wear a kimono? Who says? She’s totally welcome to dress the traditional Spanish flamenco dress from LIB whenever she wants. 

She wore the beautiful Moroccan jewelry for the MTV awards this year and they’re trendy again! She can wear whatever she wants and if some pressed bored person behind a computer is outraged she doesn’t give a damn.

3 hours ago, Dams said:

I can’t believe all the non-album related political shit i’ve read on this forum lately. I don’t drink the Madonna kool aid but some fans here sound more like Kid Rock fans than Madonna’s. 

I read attacks against the ‘alt left’ - which i’m not part of. Defending the lgbt communty in the 80’s clearly was seen as ‘alt left’. Same with other minorities like people of colour. And women’s right. Madonna did all of that. So i have no clue what some fans here are doing following her if they don’t have the same values as M. 

And not everything should be decided by ‘ordinary people’. Ordinary people didn’t fight for women’s right to vote, for example. Progress and new ideas don’t come from average people. Ordinary people don’t fight for minorities.

Re: cultural appropriation, Madonna would never dress as a geisha in a video in 2019, as she did for Nothing Really Matters. That’s not considered as appropriate for a white person anymore, even a superstar. You can like it or not but that’s how we’ve evolved. Now the Rebel Heart opening outfits were quite inspired by the Japanese culture and she got no backlash, because that was more a tribute than cultural theft.

Golden rule: ask people’s opinion before deciding that something is not offensive or disrespectful to them. 

P.S.: I’m white but I’m lucky to live in one of the most multi-cultural cities in the world, Toronto, Canada.

Well,  most Madonna fans are left leaning and agree with her.  I certainly do.  Just tired of Madonna now being accused of being racist and sexist by groups of people online who don't even get their facts and history correct. That is what people are talking about here, not putting down left wing politics and ethics  - which they actually agree with.  Madonna fans definitely defend minorities which I would say 98 % of people on this forum do.   Read Jezebel and other sites and you will see what we are talking about in this thread. It is really insulting to have to read that Madonna is a racist and stole from the gay community which is so false it is infuriating. .  Everyone here supports Madonna fighting for LGBT and Women's rights. I always have and find it hard to believe that some modern woman claim they are anti-feminists as all of their rights come from the women that fought for them.   However,  It is the people now online saying that Madonna is a major problem that is the problem and who we are referring to.  Not attacking left wing politics.  Multiculturism is wonderful and something to be admired.    

22 hours ago, JWAD said:

I just woke up from a fuzzy dream

I'm gonna dance like a Lazer beam

I like to go the road travelled less

I've injected my face with shit it's such a mess

Time goes by so slowly

I like to touch my holey holey holey

I adore this. You made my day. 😂😂😂

5 hours ago, Dams said:

I can’t believe all the non-album related political shit i’ve read on this forum lately. I don’t drink the Madonna kool aid but some fans here sound more like Kid Rock fans than Madonna’s. 

I read attacks against the ‘alt left’ - which i’m not part of. Defending the lgbt communty in the 80’s clearly was seen as ‘alt left’. Same with other minorities like people of colour. And women’s right. Madonna did all of that. So i have no clue what some fans here are doing following her if they don’t have the same values as M. 

And not everything should be decided by ‘ordinary people’. Ordinary people didn’t fight for women’s right to vote, for example. Progress and new ideas don’t come from average people. Ordinary people don’t fight for minorities.

Re: cultural appropriation, Madonna would never dress as a geisha in a video in 2019, as she did for Nothing Really Matters. That’s not considered as appropriate for a white person anymore, even a superstar. You can like it or not but that’s how we’ve evolved. Now the Rebel Heart opening outfits were quite inspired by the Japanese culture and she got no backlash, because that was more a tribute than cultural theft.

Golden rule: ask people’s opinion before deciding that something is not offensive or disrespectful to them. 

P.S.: I’m white but I’m lucky to live in one of the most multi-cultural cities in the world, Toronto, Canada.

preach!

Guest CzarnaWisnia
6 hours ago, Dams said:

I suggest you get down your high horse, you're not better than anyone else no matter what you think or where you live. You have no special insight and certainly lack knowledge of history or just common facts. Golden rule: only burden people with your tired opinions when they ask you to.

7 hours ago, Dams said:

Well said! 

3 hours ago, burning_up said:

Well said! 

2019 (PC) Madonna wouldn't dress as a Geisha?  Really?  2018 VMA's outfit?  Not complaining just saying, we really do not know what Madonna would or would not wear.

11 hours ago, Dams said:

2018 VMA's proves that a 2019 Madonna is capable of showing up as a Geisha.  Just saying.