New album thread

TXIII

1 minute ago, Rebel Heartbreaker said:

They can fuck right off! Popular music has always been a fusion of different influences.

The fascist Left has no right telling me what to like, say and believe. 

yes, maybe we should start talking about alt left. I am amazed at the thought process in some "progressives". It goes to strange places and against reason.

3 minutes ago, elijah said:

yes, maybe we should start talking about alt left. I am amazed at the thought process in some "progressives". It goes to strange places and against reason.

True. And for whom do they speak for?

A lot of their cry-baby stances amaze me. 

49 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

Madonna will be criticized no matter what she does. You don't have to defend anything. Just ignore it and enjoy the music. Those people have 0 effect on record sales. All the actual black/latin artists (and countries) love her.

Especially the latin countries. And that love goes back to the early 80ties where she fused latin influences with pop. Then however "cultural appropriation" was embraced and no one complained she did La Isla Bonita singing in Spanish without being Spanish herself. I think everyone in Latin America/Southern Europe was overjoyed she did it. 

2 hours ago, Rebel Heartbreaker said:

True. And for whom do they speak for?

Honestly some ultraleft ideas serve the alt right movement very well showing how illogical left can be. Its frightening the neo Nazis manage to exploit the stupidity of some ppl.

27 minutes ago, elijah said:

Especially the latin countries. And that love goes back to the early 80ties where she fused latin influences with pop. Then however "cultural appropriation" was embraced and no one complained she did La Isla Bonita singing in Spanish without being Spanish herself. I think everyone in Latin America/Southern Europe was overjoyed she did it. 

We would still be. Cultural appropriation still haven't reached these lands. Rosalia had a bit of criticism by some gypsy artist but it was afterwards laughed at. 

Cultural appropriation is only a thing in the USA. 

24 minutes ago, elijah said:

Honestly some ultraleft ideas serve the alt right movement very well showing how illogical left can be. Its frightening the neo Nazis manage to exploit the stupidity of some ppl.

It's the world we live in, unfortunately. As @impr3ssive_instant says: just enjoy!

4 hours ago, Rebel Heartbreaker said:

They can fuck right off! Popular music has always been a fusion of different influences.

The fascist Left has no right telling me what to like, say and believe. 

Indeed

5 hours ago, karbatal said:

We would still be. Cultural appropriation still haven't reached these lands. Rosalia had a bit of criticism by some gypsy artist but it was afterwards laughed at. 

Cultural appropriation is only a thing in the USA. 

In Brazil, too. Big time. Our ultra left is as pathetic as theirs. And so is the alt right. 

“As i wait to finish my new record and think about the future, i can’t help thinking about the past and the amazing humans that came into my life.........♥️ if we knew then what we know now. #history #gratitude #wisdom #hindsight” -Madonna

18 minutes ago, Edivad said:

“As i wait to finish my new record and think about the future, i can’t help thinking about the past and the amazing humans that came into my life.........♥️ if we knew then what we know now. #history #gratitude #wisdom #hindsight” -Madonna

#soon

This time four years ago, Madonna was mastering the Rebel Heart 'album' (like today, she kept us posted) and the first single, "Living For Love" leaked days before the she officially dropped it on DEC 19 (USA). Now, it still remains uncertain if DEC 19th was the original release date for the single. Since her team at the time seemed they wanted the official song available ASAP after the fact to the public to collect money from purchases and the rest his history. Point being, anything can happen still. Madonna should just stop with these teases shit and just drop it out of no where. The unexpected works too but that's also my 2 cent opinion. 

PS
Still bugs me Madonna didn't give Alicia Keys piano credit for 'Living For Love' but that's another story ,)

Guest FilmGuy1968

The whole notion of cultural appropriation is a joke. I think it's a loud minority that really care. But since M is actually collaborating with Portuguese and African artists. how can it be seen as "cultural appropriation"?

6 minutes ago, BrendanT1993 said:

This time four years ago, Madonna was mastering the Rebel Heart 'album' (like today, she kept us posted) and the first single, "Living For Love" leaked days before the she officially dropped it on DEC 19 (USA). Now, it still remains uncertain if DEC 19th was the original release date for the single. Since her team at the time seemed they wanted the official song available ASAP after the fact to the public to collect money from purchases and the rest his history. Point being, anything can happen still. Madonna should just stop with these teases shit and just drop it out of no where. The unexpected works too but that's also my 2 cent opinion. 

PS
Still bugs me Madonna didn't give Alicia Keys piano credit for 'Living For Love' but that's another story ,)

It was February 14.

2 minutes ago, FilmGuy1968 said:

The whole notion of cultural appropriation is a joke. I think it's a loud minority that really care. But since M is actually collaborating with Portuguese and African artists. how can it be seen as "cultural appropriation"?

Exactly.  Elvis stole African American music and passed it off as a white boy creation.  Madonna has always presented diversity within her art from creation to presentation.  Collaborations does not equate to cultural appropriation.  Madonna celebrates and embraces while others mimic and steal.  

Guest FilmGuy1968

Yes, and although I like Elvis, I can see how people would be angry. I can see why people would be angry with blackface. But in what world is collaborating with musicians or dancers of a certain culture a bad thing?

Madonna is doing a terrific job using her social network presence to keep the fans up-to-date on the finishing touches to her upcoming album. We learnt a lot from the horse’s mouth about collaborations, producers, we even had a couple of glimpses at the chart/tracklist of the ongoing work in the recording studio (well, one of those glimpse was a bit of an oversight, but we don’t complain!).

What is still missing is a solid release date for the record that’s coming out next year. As rumours float – and we won’t comment on the accuracy of what you may have read on the internet lately –MadonnaTribe is happy to report that we hear that the album is currently scheduled for a Q2 release.

https://news.madonnatribe.com/en/2018/madonnas-next-album-set-for-a-q2-release/

4 hours ago, luizotaviobarros said:

In Brazil, too. Big time. Our ultra left is as pathetic as theirs. And so is the alt right. 

Are you telling me that with all the problems that Brazil faces, some people are worried about cultural appropiation??? :rotfl: