New album thread

TXIII

9 hours ago, rubinger said:

And Nicki Minaj is a lady? 

When did i say that? Nicki Minaj is pretty much the same but whether you like it or not she  reaches a wider audience. Anitta would bring nothing to Madonna.

Edited by Ozze

1 hour ago, Rebel Heartbreaker said:

Madonna may as well do a duet with Italo-disco singer Sabrina...or Samantha Fox at this rate. Sheesh, talk about lowering standards...

How dare you? lol

24 minutes ago, systemvalues said:

How dare you? lol

Dareth, I.

Honestly, the only featured musicians I want are....musicians.  Those that know their way around an instrument and a song.  Having all these featured rappers and slatterns is only proving that quality control is in short supply.

1 hour ago, Rebel Heartbreaker said:

Dareth, I.

Honestly, the only featured musicians I want are....musicians.  Those that know their way around an instrument and a song.  Having all these featured rappers and slatterns is only proving that quality control is in short supply.

Yeah. That has to be the worst trend in music. Features. Actually, it seems it has become the norm. I wish Madonna would think outside the box for a little a while, these people she often asks to be featured on her songs bring nothing to the table except what has been done a thousand times by lesser artists. This Anitta ( and I’m Brazilian ) is gonna be a huge low for her artistically speaking. Will it bring her popularity? Remains to be seen. I’d rather have Gaga featured on every song of her new album than nasty anitta in a single one.

1 hour ago, FeTuoni said:

Yeah. That has to be the worst trend in music. Features. Actually, it seems it has become the norm. I wish Madonna would think outside the box for a little a while, these people she often asks to be featured on her songs bring nothing to the table except what has been done a thousand times by lesser artists. This Anitta ( and I’m Brazilian ) is gonna be a huge low for her artistically speaking. Will it bring her popularity? Remains to be seen. I’d rather have Gaga featured on every song of her new album than nasty anitta in a single one.

'Featured artists' are a dime a dozen, and haven't really added much to any artist of Madonna's calibre for a long time.  A thrown in rap doesn't make a mediocre song better.

3 hours ago, Rebel Heartbreaker said:

Dareth, I.

I agree, I was just kidding because Sabrina Salerno is an icon for many italian gays 🙂

3 minutes ago, systemvalues said:

I agree, I was just kidding because Sabrina Salerno is an icon for many italian gays 🙂

I know she has an extended career in television (and music) in Italy, so respect to her. I was just being facetious!!

Ugh honestly I wish she would havee recorded all her songs with grills on. Can u imagine the beauty of songs like Forbidden Love with grills 👌👌

”oncthe upon a thime there was boy there was a girl...are we shupposhed to be thoogether” 

4 hours ago, FeTuoni said:

You'd rather have someone who said "I write and produce all my songs, I play several instruments, I allow myself to look like a lazy slob to be spontaneous, what I do is different etc" ?   :rotfl:  I don't know who Anita is but anyone bar that fraudulent mess would be acceptable

10 minutes ago, XXL said:

You'd rather have someone who said "I write and produce all my songs, I play several instruments, I allow myself to look like a lazy slob[\s] to be spontaneous, what I do is different etc" ?

:rotfl:

I don't know who Anita is but anyone bar that fraudulent mess would be acceptable ...

At the end of the day of recording, I'd prefer that no munters encroach on Madonna's running time on the album.

Call me an unrepentant protectionist when it comes to Madonna's musical output; I'd rather try and continue Madonna's recording legacy without all these featured vocalists as distractions!

Damn... I am currently at a point when I really just don’t care. Don’t care who she collaborated with especially. Zero expectations for this album. Not sure what happened, but I’m just numb. 

2 hours ago, Rebel Heartbreaker said:

I know she has an extended career in television (and music) in Italy, so respect to her. I was just being facetious!!

I know 😉 

10 minutes ago, Rebel Heartbreaker said:

At the end of the day of recording, I'd prefer that no munters encroach on Madonna's running time on the album.

Call me an unrepentant protectionist when it comes to Madonna's musical output; I'd rather try and continue Madonna's recording legacy without all these featured vocalists as distractions!

I agree

But I was saying something else with that post

Wanting Garga featured on every song rather than Anitta or Sinitta or whomever as it was being claimed is sacrilege

2 minutes ago, XXL said:

I agree

But I was saying something else with that post

Wanting Garga featured on every song rather than Anitta or Sinitta or whomever as it was being claimed is sacrilege

I was just throwing out random names to highlight how ridiculous the featured vocalist Wishlist was becoming...

55 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

Ugh honestly I wish she would havee recorded all her songs with grills on. Can u imagine the beauty of songs like Forbidden Love with grills 👌👌

”oncthe upon a thime there was boy there was a girl...are we shupposhed to be thoogether” 

:rotfl: