New album thread

TXIII

At first I thought I clicked on the wrong thread when I noticed all the music video discussion  :laugh: But I guess since there's nothing else to talk about at the moment, why not!

It's always funny to read through all the posts with so many varying opinions, M's fanbase definitely is very diverse in taste :thumbsup:

Re/ the Rebel Heart Videos, I'm a bit surprised many rate Ghosttown so negatively. IMO it's her most interesting video since 4 Minutes / Hung Up. It had a storyline, a wonderful looking M, good editing...just felt very well-executed. Same goes for BIM, although those inserted clips of Cyrus, Beyonce etc. seemed a bit amateurish. LFL is alright, but I sort of lost interest in the video over time - it doesn't really do much to elevate the song and I also don't like the digital retouching of M, especially in the beginning she looks almost CGI-animated...(though that was probably on purpose).

However, regardless of our own feelings towards the vids, there was clearly considerable effort spent on ALL of the RH videos. I'd say same goes for the MDNA videos too, minus TUTR of course. So yep, overall I agree her video output gained quality again in the last couple of years. So I'm pretty confident we'll get another era of lovely visuals (or, at least I very much hope so!)

2 minutes ago, Nonoka said:

At first I thought I clicked on the wrong thread when I noticed all the music video discussion  :laugh: But I guess since there's nothing else to talk about at the moment, why not!

It's always funny to read through all the posts with so many varying opinions, M's fanbase definitely is very diverse in taste :thumbsup:

Re/ the Rebel Heart Videos, I'm a bit surprised many rate Ghosttown so negatively. IMO it's her most interesting video since 4 Minutes / Hung Up. It had a storyline, a wonderful looking M, good editing...just felt very well-executed. Same goes for BIM, although those inserted clips of Cyrus, Beyonce etc. seemed a bit amateurish. LFL is alright, but I sort of lost interest in the video over time - it doesn't really do much to elevate the song and I also don't like the digital retouching of M, especially in the beginning she looks almost CGI-animated...(though that was probably on purpose).

However, regardless of our own feelings towards the vids, there was clearly considerable effort spent on ALL of the RH videos. I'd say same goes for the MDNA videos too, minus TUTR of course. So yep, overall I agree her video output gained quality again in the last couple of years.

Totally agree

GMAYL has top notch production, looks and quality.

GGW while ‘cheap’ it has great shots and dancers with her looking hot.

TUTR was fine, we should be thankful that she recorded this one and I love the Italian vibe and the bouncing boobs.

LFL is atrocious, I think that I have only seen that video like two times, it’s blurry, 480p quality, pixelated, a mess.

GT was meh, but she looked beautiful and it was a ballad so what else where anyone expecting.

BIM and BIM (remix) are great 👍🏼, while cheap she managed to make a great video that went viral, became her most watched one and allowed her to chart on Billboard.

6 hours ago, peter said:

“I’m Addicted” mentions MDNA and (/or?) MDMA repeatedly (alternating?) ... so I’d argue it’s a case of referring to a song, but not by its title. Kind of like naming the tour Sticky and Sweet — refers to Candy Shop without calling it directly by that title. 

I meant that the reference to MDMA doesn’t match the EDM sounds on the album (or songs like Bday Song, Superstar...). A dirty electro EP produced by Mirwais would have fit better for a title like that. 

31 minutes ago, Plaything said:

I meant that the reference to MDMA doesn’t match the EDM sounds on the album (or songs like Bday Song, Superstar...). A dirty electro EP produced by Mirwais would have fit better for a title like that. 

Um what do you think all the kids were rolling to? Old techno from the 90s? Although i guess kids today dont say rolling lol

2 hours ago, rocknrolla said:

Give me all your love was the only one I liked outside of the tour videos, such as Nobody Knows Me, Justify my Love (MNDA).  Ghosttown was so basic and predictable it was pointless. 

I don't think I have seen a similar video to Ghosttown.  I know many fans don't like it as thought it was too literal,  but it was not pointless. It conveys the meaning of the song in it's own way. The video portrayed exactly what the song was about with some personal touchs added such as the photo of her mother. There was a beautiful Argentine tango, real atmosphere and I liked the ending. Thought the wolf joining them was a sentimental  unexpected touch. I really don't think it was basic at all. Plus, the Stevie Nicks look was also something different from Madonna. 

23 minutes ago, Showdown said:

Um what do you think all the kids were rolling to? Old techno from the 90s? Although i guess kids today dont say rolling lol

Oh yeah, I‘m sure the kids dropped some E and listened to Gayluv and Masterpiece. 

I love BIM, GMAYL, and GGW. To me, they can stand along-side her classics. Whenever I feel disappointed about the lack of substance in videos like Celebration or GI2M,  I remind myself that they are similar to Lucky Star and Everybody from back in the day: minimalistic and relying on pure charisma from Madonna with nothing else. 

You know the first video from Magic will knock our socks off. The fact that she's teasing us about using MDNA profits to fund her new videos is making me 😂.  

Madonna‘s top 5 Videos since 2008:

1. Give Me All Your Luvin‘

2. Bitch I‘m Madonna

3. Girl Gone Wild

4. 4 Minutes

5. Ghosttown

It‘s strange that the same guy who was responsible for such groundbreaking, creative and fantastic videos like Smack My Bitch Up, Ray of Light, Music (yes, the Music video is underrated as hell) and American Life delivered such uninspired and basic videos like Jump or even Ghosttown. I guess the budget was tight and Ghosttown isn’t bad per se but the whole storyline and execution felt a little amateurish IMO. I don’t expect a masterpiece with every video but I also believe that you don’t need a huge budget to deliver a creative video. Madonna has set the bar so high and she is the undisputed video Queen...I really hope she will surprised us with the next release. Let’s wait and see.

"Killers" the new single, released February 2019

"MAGIC" the new MADONNA album, released March 2019

source: 

a rabbit jumped out of a top hat and whispered info into my ear

Ok, back to topic.

How are we supposed to learn about the new album? Does she comunnicate via press release? 

Will she post the album cover with the date on her Instagram? 

And because we know the tour is coming too and that she will launch a tour bundle, so the press release will include info of the album and tour too? In that case I expect it to come in mid-January.

Or maybe she will release the first single with album date and no album cover yet?

2 hours ago, Plaything said:

Oh yeah, I‘m sure the kids dropped some E and listened to Gayluv and Masterpiece. 

Yeah pick out the songs that werent edm off the album 😂😂😂 cuz your point was that edm isnt what kids roll to right? Or did i just read your post wrong?

I think Ghosttown sits alongside her all time best videos.  A wonderful look, compelling narrative, and fantastic choreography.

I think Living For Love is lush, regal, and dark and serves up stunning visuals.

I find BIM to be an embarrassment.  The fact that so many on here rush to praise it while trashing the other two superior pieces only proves for the 1000th time that Madonna has many sides and serves up something for all of us.

8 hours ago, Magician said:

You people are on crack. GMAYL is a meh song but the video is very good. It’s obvious a lot more creative effort, great editing, and expense in production was put into it than a bunch of videos before it.

:thumbsup: Agreed.

1 hour ago, Shane said:

I think Ghosttown sits alongside her all time best videos.  A wonderful look, compelling narrative, and fantastic choreography.

I think Living For Love is lush, regal, and dark and serves up stunning visuals.

I find BIM to be an embarrassment.  The fact that so many on here rush to praise it while trashing the other two superior pieces only proves for the 1000th time that Madonna has many sides and serves up something for all of us.

All the above!

BIM seems Taylor made for the under-18s.

A lot of different sides to the fan stories, for sure....

13 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Agree totally. I loved the videos for MDNA and Rebel Heart excluding Turn up the radio. Agree that she looked glamourous but it did not remotely suit the feeling of the song and could have been so much better. GMAYL and GGW had fantastic video clips -, just my view of  course. 

Funnily enough, I thought the videos on a whole for Confessions and Hard Candy were far worse although loved  Hung up and 4 minutes. Thought the videos for the other singles from both albums were way below Madonna's normal standards as think she has the most beautiful, entertaining, diverse and artistic video clips of any artist ever. Celebration single also had a subpar video for Madonna standards. 

MDNA and Rebel Heart in comparison had great video clips and all different from each other.  Because I have always loved and enjoyed Madonna's video clips so much, I always expect to love them. 

Agree.

This decade meant a return of Madonna's superb videos. Since Hollywood I haven't got the great feeling until GMAYL came. 

I ADORE Living For Love, I can watch it again and again, every little frame and movement is like a beautiful painting into movement. Maybe it's because I'm Spanish and I am use to Goya's paintings????

I mean, come on! 

Image result for madonna living for love gif

Love every single frame! 

And Ghost Town??? 

Fantastique!!!! 

Especially when she looks in the mirror and suddenly she turns into Kylie??? (i'm just kidding hahahahaha) 

Image result for madonna ghosttown gif

The video is fascinating. Her looks, the atmosphere, the waltz!!!!! 

Image result for madonna ghosttown gif

15 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Agree.

This decade meant a return of Madonna's superb videos. Since Hollywood I haven't got the great feeling until GMAYL came. 

I ADORE Living For Love, I can watch it again and again, every little frame and movement is like a beautiful painting into movement. Maybe it's because I'm Spanish and I am use to Goya's paintings????

I mean, come on! 

Love every single frame! 

I ❤️❤️❤️ this video MUY MUCHO, too!!!

RH videos:

BIM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

LFL

Ghosttown

(Sorry, no time for elaborate quality posts...)

i really dont care that much what the video is (Im sure it will be good) I just really want it released with the single, not weeks (or months) later.

I think based on those titles this track is about:

- Killers_ about innocent gun shooting victims who die in the discotheque, concerts ... uptempo track

- Extreme Occident_ rework Beautiful game, probably those lines media bitches belong to this track..... midtempo track

- Dark Ballet_ probably track like DAD or NKM (wishful thinking)..... experimental dance track

- IDSIF_ maybe a collaboration with Joe Henry (there will probably by one)

- God Control_ well the title speaks for himself

- that Portuguese titles are probably dance track full of light, life, hope, love...

- Future_ this track maybe will be how the children are the future and will contain children choir 

15 minutes ago, Nikki said:

another studio pic in the stories of that exclusive magic account

What do we know about those studio pictures in that magic account? Were they released before by Madonna or any one related to the album?