New album thread

TXIII

LFL is super boring, you can barely see her beneath the pixels and the white lighr... so was GTown...very generic... BIM was the best from that era

GMAYL was ok but it didnt have a story.... GGW was good and she looked great.

I really miss a video where she takes us on a journey, the last one was 4 Min

3 minutes ago, Starman said:

LFL is super boring, you can barely see her beneath the pixels and the white lighr... so was GTown...very generic... BIM was the best from that era

Absolutely agree, but last time she took us on a journey was like WIFLFAG 🙂

Sorry guys! I was away and checked instagram on my phone and suddenly saw M's new post "where there's smoke there's fire" along with another new post from this "exclusive" magic account (hey, you never know don't judge me) showing names of different locations as a "hint", so then I quickly went to the forum to check if there were any updates and was surprised no one talked about it.. I guess it was just a coincidence that those two new instagram uploads happened at the same time and I thought there was news about the album

so I guess this is probably nothing, but here's the instagram account where I saw the locations, check their story

https://www.instagram.com/exclusivemagic/

@karbatal @BrendanT1993 @Suedey

I haven't been impressed by her visuals since Hollywood. Some backdrops look better than her actual videos and her live performances are more powerful than all the videos she has made since American Life era. IMO.

2 minutes ago, side_streets said:

I haven't been impressed by her visuals since Hollywood. Some backdrops look better than her actual videos and her live performances are more powerful than all the videos she has made since American Life era. IMO.

:clap:

23 minutes ago, Shaun said:

GMAYL - Great
GGW - Great
TUTR - Just okay...but Italian glamour
LFL - Great
Ghosttown - Great
BIM - Great

Agree totally. I loved the videos for MDNA and Rebel Heart excluding Turn up the radio. Agree that she looked glamourous but it did not remotely suit the feeling of the song and could have been so much better. GMAYL and GGW had fantastic video clips -, just my view of  course. 

Funnily enough, I thought the videos on a whole for Confessions and Hard Candy were far worse although loved  Hung up and 4 minutes. Thought the videos for the other singles from both albums were way below Madonna's normal standards as think she has the most beautiful, entertaining, diverse and artistic video clips of any artist ever. Celebration single also had a subpar video for Madonna standards. 

MDNA and Rebel Heart in comparison had great video clips and all different from each other.  Because I have always loved and enjoyed Madonna's video clips so much, I always expect to love them. 

4 minutes ago, side_streets said:

I love Hung Up but generally I agree, ever since Danny Tull became her editor something went off. 

She is very lazy with her music videos nowadays.. 

GMAYL 1/10 Hate everything about this career destroyer. 

GGW 8/10 She looks hot, plus good choreography. 

TUTR 1/10 Lazy like I said 

LFL 6/10 nothing happened there

GT 7/10 great potential 

BIM 5/10 A MESS. She looked great tho. 

19 minutes ago, coco said:

I love Hung Up but generally I agree, ever since Danny Tull became her editor something went off. 

Totally agree. I’ve not liked any video really since AL. I hate when she thinks rocking about improvising is acceptable. 

31 minutes ago, DitaDolla said:

GT 7/10 great potential 

Sorry but how is GMAYL,  LFL lazy on Madonna's part ?   I am not talking of people personally liking or disliking the videos but there is nothing lazy about them at all.  GMAYL was full of different looks, action, humour and had a lot of effort in it.  Living for Love was filmed like a painting come to life with wonderful dancing and obviously again,  a lot of work put into it.   

Turn up the radio I did not like but she filmed it during her MDNA tour.  It showed as could have been so much better but she definitely was not lazy.  

A lot of effort was put into the videos for MDNA and Rebel Heart.   Regardless of whether we did or did not like them,  they had a lot of time put into them.  

10 minutes ago, Vogue992 said:

@Jazzy Jan agree with you. MDNA/RH were a vast improvement over COAD/HC visually. And btw she had some "lazy videos" even decades ago.

Also, she gave us amazing interludes/backdrop after AL.

Yes,  I get people not personally liking them as all have different views but just don't get how people are thinking the videos for these 2 albums were lazy.   Compared to Celebration, Give it 2 me,  Miles Away,  they have so much more time and work.  I really appreciated the return to form of her video clips for Rebel Heart and MDNA.  

3 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Sorry but how is GMAYL,  LFL lazy on Madonna's part ?   I am not talking of people personally liking or disliking the videos but there is nothing lazy about them at all.  GMAYL was full of different looks, action, humour and had a lot of effort in it.  Living for Love was filmed like a painting come to life with wonderful dancing and obviously again,  a lot of work put into it.   

Turn up the radio I did not like but she filmed it during her MDNA tour.  It showed as could have been so much better but she definitely was not lazy.  

A lot of effort was put into the videos for MDNA and Rebel Heart.   Regardless of whether we did or did not like them,  they had a lot of time put into them.  

plus TUTR was filmed in between performances of the MDNA tour .Lazy is a word that can't be put next to Madonna period

4 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Yes,  I get people not personally liking them as all have different views but just don't get how people are thinking the videos for these 2 albums were lazy.   Compared to Celebration, Give it 2 me,  Miles Away,  they have so much more time and work.  I really appreciated the return to form of her video clips for Rebel Heart and MDNA.  

Yes.

It is strange btw, this forum called MDNA/RH eras a return to form visually at the time of their release. :dead:

2 hours ago, Starman said:

Agree 100% although i think the ghosttown vid was very good just uneventful but to be fair totally fits the song. I really dont understand the hate for the TUTR video tho...it was made while she was on tour and actually had different outside settings...when was the last time she did that? WIFLFAG? I think people are too blinded by their hatred for MDNA to give it any good credit it deserves. was definately alot more interesting than rebel heart thats for sure even tho it lacked the promo RH had.

2 hours ago, Starman said:

i think that is how it is supposed to look. It recreates an old video and the saturate red is part of the message she is trying to give.

So many iconic great Madonna videos do not have stories.  Vogue, Frozen, Ray of Light, Music, Hollywood, Cherish, Bedtime Story - I don't think any of them had stories but all were amazing.  

All personal opinion but surprised that people seemed to dislike the video clips for past few albums. 

i'm worried about the album cover. I want her to serve an iconic cover like she did with Rebel Heart but after that, all her covers were a MESS. That post with Aldo Diaz turned on the alarms on me. I think she is on a bad taste fase with her visuals and fashion since BIM. Like she doesn't even know what looks good and what is tacky and cheap.

All those grillz, Moschino crap, aldo diaz edits, filters everywhere... i hope she puts herself together again for this because...

GMAYL 4/10 The features ruin the song, could have been a fun pop/punk surfer song, video ok but doesn't help the song much

GGW 7/10 Video is great, song is crap

TUTR 1/10 Boring zzzzzzzzz

LFL 8/10 Quite liked this, her best video since the Confessions era

GT 6/10 could have been better

BIM 6/10 fun but strange single choice, justice for Devil Pray

I might be in the minority here but I like more the videos from the last 2 albums than the ones from her last 3 albums with Warner

American Life - The original American Life video is great, the flags one is horrible, don't care about the Hollywood one  and Love Profusion is terrible too.

Confessions - Hung Up is amazing, the other 3 not so much.

Hard Candy - I really like the 4 minutes videos, GI2M is bland and Miles Away is just the live performance for the tour

Vs.

MDNA - GMAYL is amazing, LOVE GGW and TUTR is a mix of great moments with several weak ones

Rebel Heart - Living for Love is very weak for a lead single video but OK as a video, Ghosttown is very good and Bitch I'm Madonna really fun.

Her last album to have a perfect lineup of videos is Music. From the last 5 albums MDNA has the best videos overall.

Still her imput in the last 15 years is above almost all current artists videography.

You people are on crack. GMAYL is a meh song but the video is very good. It’s obvious a lot more creative effort, great editing, and expense in production was put into it than a bunch of videos before it.

1 minute ago, Magician said:

You people are on crack. GMAYL is a meh song but the video is very good. It’s obvious a lot more creative effort, great editing, and expense in production was put into it than a bunch of videos before it.

+1

1 hour ago, caba1 said:

i think that is how it is supposed to look. It recreates an old video and the saturate red is part of the message she is trying to give.

It just looks like a bad instagram filter.... And its so pixelated!!! I 

1 hour ago, caba1 said:

i'm worried about the album cover. I want her to serve an iconic cover like she did with Rebel Heart but after that, all her covers were a MESS. That post with Aldo Diaz turned on the alarms on me. I think she is on a bad taste fase with her visuals and fashion since BIM. Like she doesn't even know what looks good and what is tacky and cheap.

All those grillz, Moschino crap, aldo diaz edits, filters everywhere... i hope she puts herself together again for this because...

you are being little dramatic here... when has madonna had a weak album art work. even if you didn't like it, it tied in with all her promotional images. she will work with the best of the best. 

whatever with aldo, she like him, he's a fan, big deal.

2 hours ago, DitaDolla said:

GT 7/10 great potential 

What the.....

GMAYL is one of her best post-2000 videos.