New album thread

TXIII

Relax guys we'll have a good era. 

MDNA Skin Roller will pay for the tour dancers
MDNA Skin serum will pay for video no. 1
MDNA Skin rose mist will pay for video no. 2
MDNA Skin finishing cream will pay for video no. 3
MDNA Skin eye cream will pay for the tour video projections

Beautiful Games / lies still a nice album title even if they are just lyrics. It could open the door for the promo to be about the lies a pop artist suffer, the lies or the games we play in this world of pretend etc. Could be nice 

3 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I thought the 3 videos for Rebel Heart were all well done and all had care, money and thought behind them. 

I agree, way better than any videos from MDNA

3 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I thought the 3 videos for Rebel Heart were all well done and all had care, money and thought behind them. 

Agree, Jan. The RH videos were such a return to form. I loved each one for different reasons, and they showed off such different parts of M’s complex personality.

2 hours ago, jonluvsmaddy said:

In traditional record deals, the label fronts the money for promo but this is a recoupable investment. So the artist doesn’t earn any royalties from selling the album until the record company has earned all their money back. Given how little record companies make on album sales, most artists have a very small promo budget. And given the recoupment scenario, the artist was always technically paying for the promo. 

Almost like investing in one's self!

1 hour ago, Suedey said:

Truth or Dare shower gel paid for TUTR video

Awful video, guess the gel didn't sell well :lmao:

I agree that the RH videos are better than MDNAs. I loathe BIM (precisely, besides its video game sounds, because I hate name songs, such ego!), but the video is really good. On the new album's name, M seems to usually go for simple titles, so I wouldn't rule out Magic. On videos, I miss her storyline videos. I feel like after Hung Up, all videos are loaded with beauty shots, rather than tell a story. 

1 hour ago, Suedey said:

Relax guys we'll have a good era. 

MDNA Skin Roller will pay for the tour dancers
MDNA Skin serum will pay for video no. 1
MDNA Skin rose mist will pay for video no. 2
MDNA Skin finishing cream will pay for video no. 3
MDNA Skin eye dream will pay for the tour video projections

So, we'll get a great era by the skin of...her advertorials!

39 minutes ago, Icykiller said:

Awful video, guess the gel didn't sell well :lmao:

I agree that the RH videos are better than MDNAs. I loathe BIM (precisely, besides its video game sounds, because I hate name songs, such ego!), but the video is really good. On the new album's name, M seems to usually go for simple titles, so I wouldn't rule out Magic. On videos, I miss her storyline videos. I feel like after Hung Up, all videos are loaded with beauty shots, rather than tell a story. 

I like the videos for LFL and Ghosttown. Thank goddess someone here also doesn't think too much of the BIM song, though I think the video is a load of bollocks, too. Not my style at all, but I can see how the 'bling bling' generation get it.

I would love to see a return to story videos, rather than 'look how pretty and cool I am at 60!'

5 hours ago, stevo208 said:

Go back to The Making of Take a Bow MTV special, she says herself that you get an advance but the record company gets it back off you - or something to that effect. So since I saw that, it was always my understanding that the artist was at least partly responsible for contribution to financing videos. 

exactly, and now its even worse

2 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

Yes.

None of RH videos were big budget.

They are beautiful but made with minimal money, hell she even edited LFL herself (red hue, miss spels etc.).

And BIM there was nill money to travel all star cameos on set, hence pre recorded.

1 hour ago, Confessit said:

I agree I felt all of the creativity for the MDNA album went into the MDNA tour.

NLF probably paid GMAYL video which is her biggest budget for a video in last 10 years (and arguably the best video)

1 hour ago, Boki_D said:

Sorry but GMAYL is one of Madonna's best videos. GGW truly was gorgeous too. 

Why do I always feel some kind of short-span memory here? 

Loved GMAYL video.

Loved GGW video.

Hated TUTR video.

Hated LFL video.

Hated GT video.

Kind of liked BIM video.

As far as I m concerned, she has to really deliver this time videowise. Loved her artistic videos like Frozen, NRM, DW/SFL, WIFLFAG. Hopefully those days are not over.

3 hours ago, Boki_D said:

not better than Girl Gone Wild, sorry.

GMAYL and TUTR were basic, indeed... although loved the looks.

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

Sorry but GMAYL is one of Madonna's best videos. GGW truly was gorgeous too. 

Why do I always feel some kind of short-span memory here? 

GMAYL is just tragic, in my opinion. Starting with that stupid writing on the wall and ending with those cheap-ass effects.

For Madonna standards is just ”a no, no”. 🤭

Just now, Flip The Switch said:

I disagree. Is one of her best videos. 

I guess it is just a matter of taste. But she is beautiful in it, on the other hand. That I cannot argue.

11 hours ago, Plaything said:

I‘ve grown to like MDNA as an album name but in general I hate it when artists call their albums after their names (repeatedly), like „Whitney Houston“ & „Just Whitney“ or „Britney“ and „Britney Jean“. It’s stupid and lazy. We almost have the same situation with „Madonna“ and „MDNA“ although I do think the wink to MDMA is clever. Then again, the music on the album doesn’t match this reference at all. She did the text talk with GHV2 already and I didn’t like it back then either. 

“I’m Addicted” mentions MDNA and (/or?) MDMA repeatedly (alternating?) ... so I’d argue it’s a case of referring to a song, but not by its title. Kind of like naming the tour Sticky and Sweet — refers to Candy Shop without calling it directly by that title.