New album thread

TXIII

3 hours ago, tuckeye said:

Of course guy o comments on her instagram

'record it' or whatever to her singing a queen song.

of course he would say that to a queen song while they're hot right now.. while ignoring her interesting and beautiful acoustic covers from less commercial artists, along with the beautiful Elvis track

2 minutes ago, Nikki said:

of course he would say that to a queen song while they're hot right now.. while ignoring her interesting and beautiful acoustic covers from less commercial artists, along with the beautiful Elvis track

It would be TOO obvious to do a Queen song like that. Please, Guy O! 😕😕😕

I would expect an X-Factor contestant to do something like that.

13 hours ago, Rebel Heartbreaker said:

Now you mention it. It'll be the longest album title of hers, if so.

Confessions is longer, with 7 syllables.

from all the titles we know, Dark Ballet remains like the strongest. But it depends on what's the concept of the album so..

Confessions on the Dance Floor is epic. It resumes perfectly the album and it sounds very powerful even if you cut it at "Confessions"

10 minutes ago, caba1 said:

from all the titles we know, Dark Ballet remains like the strongest. But it depends on what's the concept of the album so..

Confessions on the Dance Floor is epic. It resumes perfectly the album and it sounds very powerful even if you cut it at "Confessions"

I still recall the tantrum here when the title was revealed. 

Many people thought it was too cheesy. 

14 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I still recall the tantrum here when the title was revealed. 

Many people thought it was too cheesy. 

I remeber it received bad press from fans at the time but just like Blond Ambition, Confrssions is such an iconic name for that era!!

It was nice that after 25 years she decided to go for something different rather than naming her album after a song on it.

Blond Ambition, Confessions On A Dance Floor. Amazing and epic names. She's the best at it.

The only one that sounds weak to me is MDNA. I remember a rumor that the album was going to be called Impulse or something like that. It sounds more mysterious

25 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I like the title "MDNA" for madonna, but more for a side project (like an EP) or something really creative/eclectic.. the songs on the album don't really fit that (aside from a few)

Interesting @Nikki. I see the title as a reduction of her name, and thus fits the whole project perfectly. It's Madonna, distilled and repackaged in all its colors (even the album cover fits). 

I love the name magic for Madonna because I have always thought she makes pop music magic. Has that magical ingredient - so to speak - that makes her music so timeless, creative, memorable while also having mass appeal.   Very few artists have that type of " magic"  

she was trying to do a game with the words DNA and MDMA like if the album were a representation of herself. That went wrong and after that she did Rebel Heart. So... yeah, i find it weak and kinda pointless because that album doesn't deserve to be remembered like her "dna"

1 hour ago, Icykiller said:

Interesting @Nikki. I see the title as a reduction of her name, and thus fits the whole project perfectly. It's Madonna, distilled and repackaged in all its colors (even the album cover fits). 

29 minutes ago, caba1 said:

she was trying to do a game with the words DNA and MDMA like if the album were a representation of herself. That went wrong and after that she did Rebel Heart. So... yeah, i find it weak and kinda pointless because that album doesn't deserve to be remembered like her "dna"

Yes, but as @Icykiller mentions, MDNA is also a reduction of her name. I think that actually fit with the time, too — Twitter and text message abbreviations... it was just “of its time” and Madonna is masterful of capturing timeless and timely at the same time. So MDNA in its title had a triple entendre which was a timely wink to the digital age and a timeless conflation of her musical DNA. 

Yeah, the album isn’t perfect. But I think the title kinda fits the proceedings. 

33 minutes ago, peter said:

Yes, but as @Icykiller mentions, MDNA is also a reduction of her name. I think that actually fit with the time, too — Twitter and text message abbreviations... it was just “of its time” and Madonna is masterful of capturing timeless and timely at the same time. So MDNA in its title had a triple entendre which was a timely wink to the digital age and a timeless conflation of her musical DNA. 

Yeah, the album isn’t perfect. But I think the title kinda fits the proceedings. 

Agreed.  There are so many great songs on the album.  I live for Gang Bang, I'm a Sinner, Some Girls, I Don't  Give A, Love Spent, Masterpiece, Falling Free, Beautiful Killer and I Fucked Up.

Interesting that there are as many opinions as she has fans.

Personally, I think MDNA is her best album title for the triple entendre, and especially for the similarity with the drug name (I don’t take it but no judgment at all for those who do it), which she sort of ackowledged when she had asked who had taken their Molly at a party. This is the subversive Madonna I love, mentioning an illicit drug that, let’s be honest, is very common in gay clubs.

I’d be ok with Magic but it has a very childish connotation to me. 

I do not think Dark Ballet is a good album or song title at all, and I hope she doesn’t keep it, even for the song. I don’t associate current Madonna with ballet, even if she used to practice it at school. And adding ‘dark’ doesn’t make it mysterious to me, just cheesy and too niche. Reminds me of a cheap remake of Black Swan that Netflix would produce, targeted to teenagers. 

Dark Ballet is ok for a song title ... but not for the album or tour

Its sound too much like a Cirque de Soleil production

I like Magic, it's simple and iconic... Madonna "Magic" sounds punchy and memorable.

17 minutes ago, humanracin said:

I like Magic, it's simple and iconic... Madonna "Magic" sounds punchy and memorable.

Agree 💯 

1 hour ago, tuckeye said:

magic is short and sweet. could be more but meh.

imagine the Dark Ballet tour though! if that is even a song title. lol

Magic as the album title and Dark Ballet Tour would be my pick right now. But as always it’s up to the Queen.

2 hours ago, humanracin said:

+1!:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, humanracin said:

well, when i think about a circus, baroque is one of the first things i think. She never did an album like that, probably Rebel Heart comes close but her records are kinda minimalists in a way so...

You all know that Magic is a word that can be used for her haters easily and she can be dragged if the music doesn't connect with the gp. It's dangerous and let's be honest...everything she releases since HC will be compared with Confessions and ROL so there is high possibilities of those drags. Apart from that, the word is basic.

I'm curious about her post about the beauty dildo selling out.

She said "I have to pay for videos". Like she is responsible for the budget of the promo. Is that the case? It is all so confusing. We know for sure that during the Warner years they paid for promo and videos. Was is just a joke or money does have to come out of her pocket due to the nature of the livenation deal? Could that explain the non traditional promo and complete lack of any airplay, advertising or any kind of traditional push whatsoever?