New album thread

TXIII

17 minutes ago, Showdown said:

Ugh no! Its the best part!!! Although i guess thats not saying much πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I'm very permissive and a liberalist; I just don't think it's a good track.

With the new album, I want to be moved. Either emotionally or to dance.

10 hours ago, humanracin said:

Β 

I use Spotify to listen to new music and then if I love it enough I will always buy some sort of physical copy.

You don't own anything on Spotify, you're only renting.

Also most artists would prefer theirΒ fans to buy physical, they make shit all from streaming services.

Streaming may not be a cash cow, but when used it right, it can become a massive success for a musician, giving them loads of opportunities.

Take for example David Bowie, whom is my fave icon up there with M. He's no longer here with us, but his team has managed to upload his music in different forms giving us new material (demos, radio edits, live performances, rarities, etc) almost twice a month; injecting life into his legacy.

The Beatles are another example. They have special events on Spotify, where they premiere first new versions of old classics, including interviews, videos and comments on the songs.Β 

On a most recent note, if I'm not wrong, even Ariana Grande has uploaded her demos under another name on Spotify, so her fans can listen to it easily. There's no need to have a physical CD to enjoy that surprise factor.

And that's another key point: the surprise and accesibility factor. Streaming platforms allow you to go and listen to new releases asap, generating hype and conversations on social media platforms. Believe me: the first hours of the release are CRUCIAL for an album/single to succeed and then go to radios in an organic way.

This kind of releases would not work in a physical way these days because #MONEY, but streaming fits perfectly with it. I would also LOVE to see M use vertical videos on her new album playlist (which won't replace the normal music videos, only add more visuals and fun to the equation), as well as some comments on the new songs before listening to them. I really hope she gets to manage her moves well on these platforms.

That's all for now. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk about Streaming Services. πŸ˜„

On 11/21/2018 at 10:58 AM, Sloane said:

Ahhh, those rare, magical times in life where Madonna starts talking about videos and tour dancers. It's what truly makes the world go round.

There’s nothing better.

1 minute ago, Flip The Switch said:

Yes. I just need that moment when we are glued to the screen for the premiere of the first video. :wow:

I may just faint when this era starts. RH had me in raptures.Β πŸ”₯

1 hour ago, Flip The Switch said:

Yes. I just need that moment when we are glued to the screen for the premiere of the first video. :wow:

It's euphoric, truly. Seeing the video thumbnail and being aΒ click away. I LIVE I DIE I LIVE AGAIN.

23 hours ago, Maleficent said:

Yes but I definitely listen to more than one new album a month. And how much is the price of an album now? 15-20$?Β I only pay 10$ a month for unlimited, high quality music.Β 

yes, it's definitely worth it.

2 hours ago, AlvaroLiam said:

Streaming may not be a cash cow, but when used it right, it can become a massive success for a musician, giving them loads of opportunities.

Take for example David Bowie, whom is my fave icon up there with M. He's no longer here with us, but his team has managed to upload his music in different forms giving us new material (demos, radio edits, live performances, rarities, etc) almost twice a month; injecting life into his legacy.

The Beatles are another example. They have special events on Spotify, where they premiere first new versions of old classics, including interviews, videos and comments on the songs.Β 

On a most recent note, if I'm not wrong, even Ariana Grande has uploaded her demos under another name on Spotify, so her fans can listen to it easily. There's no need to have a physical CD to enjoy that surprise factor.

And that's another key point: the surprise and accesibility factor. Streaming platforms allow you to go and listen to new releases asap, generating hype and conversations on social media platforms. Believe me: the first hours of the release are CRUCIAL for an album/single to succeed and then go to radios in an organic way.

This kind of releases would not work in a physical way these days because #MONEY, but streaming fits perfectly with it. I would also LOVE to see M use vertical videos on her new album playlist (which won't replace the normal music videos, only add more visuals and fun to the equation), as well as some comments on the new songs before listening to them. I really hope she gets to manage her moves well on these platforms.

That's all for now. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk about Streaming Services. πŸ˜„

Well, that's definitely streaming used effectively. I love Bowie, too...so good to see his estate keeping the legacy alive. Though, do we have to wait till Madonna dies for demos, proper exclusives, to be given to fans?

I agree that streaming allows access to new stuff ASAP; saves driving down to a record store (that barely exist these days).

Queen also has a great catalogue on Spotify, a lot of demos, live albums, rarities.

Somehow it makes me feel like M’s catalogue is kinda small? 13 studio albums, 4Β GH, 2 soundtracks and 2 remixes albums.

We are still lacking an album of demos, rarities, Β or some live show.

11 minutes ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Queen also has a great catalogue on Spotify, a lot of demos, live albums, rarities.

Somehow it makes me feel like M’s catalogue is kinda small? 13 studio albums, 4Β GH, 2 soundtracks and 2 remixes albums.

you forget she has 4 live album (all badly mixed and mastered, but still...)

She's in Malawi now, whichΒ means she's not going in January/February as usual, which also means - after that - there's gonna be a lot of promo work to do for MDNA Skin and the album, which means we're finally gonna have some fucking real fun people!

Β 

Β 

58 minutes ago, Iconic Fetus said:

She has amazing remixes and loads of maxi singles that could be uploaded. The maxis from ROL and Music are superb and for some reason they have never made it to the digital format.

5 hours ago, Iconic Fetus said:

I just want the non-stop mix of COADF on Apple Music. She uploaded it to Spotify but the Apple music version has the annoying intros and outros.Β 

6 hours ago, rocknrolla said:

I was surprised to see the live albums on there, at least.Β  I can't believe she has those awful demos with Otto whatever on there!

The Otto demos being on there have nothing to do with her permissiveness.Β  That is some profiteer and nothing more.

8 hours ago, Iconic Fetus said:

*3 soundtracks (WTG, IB, Evita)

β€˜Let’s record it’ yeah, like it’s not a big deal right? Because he’s a singer too πŸ˜’

Anyway I suspect that she went with the kids to see Bohemian Rapsody and they are still riding high the hype of the music.

She also posted a photo with #IDontSearch,IFind so I think that is going to be the final title of one song like we saw.