New album thread

TXIII

13 hours ago, Starman said:

The reason why RH leaked was because collectors had the whole album as it was being recorded and they found out who was the hacker and that bridge got closet.

Now that the person is out collectors dont have the same wccess as before. As you can see even outtakes are not leaking anymore

What about those who pay for the demos? Iā€™m sure her ā€œteamā€ (engineers, people with access to the studio or some vaults)Ā did sell previously recorded stuff to fans who know someone who knows someone. No hackers required.Ā 

2 hours ago, Adriano said:

have u guys who complain about sound quality on spotify tried to improve it? you can actually set that up to highest quality. the app automatically pick an average one.

That's available for Premium accounts only though. You need to pay extra for it.

as much as i'm excited about her new album, i am equally excited about revisiting her earlier stuff like hard candy , erotica , ameircan life , and bedtime stories. i think if madonna stops making new albums we would still have a lot of unappreciated gems in her catalog. and for those of us who have missed out on enjoyingĀ the above mentioned albums or othersĀ  for whatever reason, i promise you all are magical. so while you wait for the new, catch up on what u've missed out.

32 minutes ago, TearsInHeaven said:

That's available for Premium accounts only though. You need to pay extra for it.

Yes but I definitely listen to more than one new album a month. And how much is the price of an album now? 15-20$?Ā I only pay 10$ a month for unlimited, high quality music.Ā 

It's going to be harder finding her stuff physically without going the online route. Best Buy, Walmart, Target have all either stopped selling the CD format, downsized or only sale the popular vinyls. Finding RH almost an hour out of town was a pain and reserving it on its release date was a nightmare with FYE.

I know, I know, buy online but it's an experience going to a store and holding the copy, purchasing it and listening to it on the drive home. Waiting for a delivery is meh.

Though I guess streaming platforms makes it easier now to listen as its released rather than waiting but I still miss picking the CD, vinyl, special editions from a shop.

8 hours ago, karbatal said:

My Spotify sounds good when it comes out of the stereo through Chromecast audio. I don't think it's bad quality at all. I do think though that most new albums have shit sound but that has nothing to do with Spotify. Two thirds of RH have shit sound.Ā 

Agreed. MDNA and Rebel Heart has bad mixing quality

Spotify sounds great when on maximum quality... even with great headphones, it sounds really good... now, some songs on rebel heart have dreadful quality, bad mixing, distorted bass... you name it! I feel like Madonna learned from her mistakes this time around and the new album will sound pristine.Ā 

4 hours ago, miki said:

as much as i'm excited about her new album, i am equally excited about revisiting her earlier stuff like hard candy , erotica , ameircan life , and bedtime stories. i think if madonna stops making new albums we would still have a lot of unappreciated gems in her catalog. and for those of us who have missed out on enjoyingĀ the above mentioned albums or othersĀ  for whatever reason, i promise you all are magical. so while you wait for the new, catch up on what u've missed out.

I want new music šŸ™‚

1 hour ago, Gabriel Ciccone said:

Agreed. MDNA and Rebel Heart has bad mixing quality

MDNA sounds good to me.Ā  Rebel Heart has a couple of issues (the rushed out songs) but I still love the record.

im not very informed about musicals.. are they parodying and/or mimicking a famous musical here or may it be a part of something M is secretly up to? this is the second time the kids are "performing" something that doesn't really look like improv or something they could just make up

Ā 

57 minutes ago, sul8323 said:

MDNA sounds good to me.Ā  Rebel Heart has a couple of issues (the rushed out songs) but I still love the record.

I think the opposite. The first 6 tracks have excellent mixing imo. Its the later tracks that arnt as crisp. Although I really do not care about mixing in the first place.Ā 

7 minutes ago, Nikki said:

im not very informed about musicals.. are they parodying and/or mimicking a famous musical here or may it be a part of something M is secretly up to? this is the second time the kids are "performing" something that doesn't really look like improv or something they could just make up

Ā 

You are reading too much into into. It's just a video of her kids. The thirst is real. šŸ˜„

2 hours ago, sul8323 said:

Yeah MDNA i think was made specifically to sound great with itunes

11 minutes ago, Showdown said:

Yeah MDNA i think was made specifically to sound great with itunes

Mastering of MDNA overall was amazing. Crisp clear audio quality and good bass. The vocal production and engineering however was an issue in itself. You can't even understand what she was singing in the 2nd pre-chorus of LoveSpent (which is sad bc it could have been a classic M song). And the pitched vocals were also an issue (they pitched her vocals on TUTR and GMAYL way too high, creating the "helium" sound).Ā 

I'm hoping Mirwais and Lauren pull through and give us full-treble, raw, M vocals with true depth (like on AI and Music).Ā 

46 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

Mastering of MDNA overall was amazing. Crisp clear audio quality and good bass. The vocal production and engineering however was an issue in itself. You can't even understand what she was singing in the 2nd pre-chorus of LoveSpent (which is sad bc it could have been a classic M song). And the pitched vocals were also an issue (they pitched her vocals on TUTR and GMAYL way too high, creating the "helium" sound).Ā 

I'm hoping Mirwais and Lauren pull through and give us full-treble, raw, M vocals with true depth (like on AI and Music).Ā 

Yes, she probably did 1 bad take for each song and that was it. I mean, the fact that she had a cold while recordingĀ Falling Free and that they could't find the time to do it right when she was feeling well..

10 hours ago, miki said:

That catalog is just so vast... there's always something new to appreciate. Justice for Dance 2 Night!

Ā 

I use Spotify to listen to new music and then if I love it enough I will always buy some sort of physical copy.

You don't own anything on Spotify, you're only renting.

Also most artists would prefer theirĀ fans to buy physical, they make shit all from streaming services.

5 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Yes, she probably did 1 bad take for each song and that was it. I mean, the fact that she had a cold while recordingĀ Falling Free and that they could't find the time to do it right when she was feeling well..

So true! I always "hear" that blocked head in FF. šŸ˜žšŸ˜žšŸ˜žšŸ˜ž

2 hours ago, humanracin said:

Ā 

I use Spotify to listen to new music and then if I love it enough I will always buy some sort of physical copy.

You don't own anything on Spotify, you're only renting.

Also most artists would prefer theirĀ fans to buy physical, they make shit all from streaming services.

I don't use ANY streaming services! šŸ˜

5 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

I love those vocals! I always felt like it sounded like she was fighting tears so that never bugged me.Ā 

7 minutes ago, Rebel Heartbreaker said:

I don't use ANY streaming services! šŸ˜

Same. i just use youtube for all my music now.

i'm thinking about streaming but i'm canadian...how hard can i impact the charts here lol.

1 hour ago, tuckeye said:

Same. i just use youtube for all my music now.

i'm thinking about streaming but i'm canadian...how hard can i impact the charts here lol.

My partner uses YouTube as his music library! My iPod Touch is my music machine! Ā In the car, I still play CDs, whether commercial or created. ROL sounds amaze in the car; so I most often play it on my late night drives home from work (I work till 11pm).

1 hour ago, Showdown said:

I love those vocals! I always felt like it sounded like she was fighting tears so that never bugged me.Ā 

Lol. The lisping vocals via grillz on 'S.E.X.' on RH are more annoying!