New album thread - queen teases on Insta stories

20 hours ago, vesper_wolf said:

At risk of getting stoned here, did it occur to anybody that she just didn't want to release her album at the same time with "a star is born“ and all of its hype? 

yes way back in Aug/Sept, in my mind, Guy O may have suggested to have a wait and see how ASIB will fare with the public... I know most fans will refuse to think Lady Voldemort is far from MADONNA's mind but it definitely will not be from Guy O as a manager... managers think about competition of their artists... having said that, i expect the album definitely after the Oscars, because they worship the copycat there....

There’s always going to be .... something or someone. Sis just needs to release and do her thing on her terms. It’s not like people are choosing where and who to spend there limited purchasing dollars on anymore with streaming. If people are interested, they will listen. 

1 hour ago, mtzlplk said:

yes way back in Aug/Sept, in my mind, Guy O may have suggested to have a wait and see how ASIB will fare with the public... I know most fans will refuse to think Lady Voldemort is far from MADONNA's mind but it definitely will not be from Guy O as a manager... managers think about competition of their artists... having said that, i expect the album definitely after the Oscars, because they worship the copycat there....

tenor.gif

16 minutes ago, strictmachine said:

There’s always going to be .... something or someone. Sis just needs to release and do her thing on her terms. It’s not like people are choosing where and who to spend there limited purchasing dollars on anymore with streaming. If people are interested, they will listen. 

Amen

24 minutes ago, yououghttavogue said:

Adele Beyonce and Rihanna are all supposedly releasing next year... hopefully Madonna avoids that.

Nah, i don't think Guy O is bothered with them... they are R&B and Adele always goes for the last quarter of the year... 

26 minutes ago, mtzlplk said:

Nah, i don't think Guy O is bothered with them... they are R&B and Adele always goes for the last quarter of the year... 

adele is smart, the money is then

springvreleases sell poorly

I think when M introduces a new era she does it slowly so that people find the complete overhaul image/mindset change authentic...that’s why we had the Italian Vogue shoot late this year to introduce her Portugal life and then the VMAs look to introduce the Boho-Mystical-white-Witch look...

when the album drops with the full concept people will ‘buy into it’ as authentic especially when she does the promo rounds and talks about the process...

ive never known M to just drop an Album along with a brand new image just like that on the GP - even erotica was introduced slowly as was Ray Of Light Era

1 hour ago, Lolasmommy said:

I think when M introduces a new era she does it slowly so that people find the complete overhaul image/mindset change authentic...that’s why we had the Italian Vogue shoot late this year to introduce her Portugal life and then the VMAs look to introduce the Boho-Mystical-white-Witch look...

when the album drops with the full concept people will ‘buy into it’ as authentic especially when she does the promo rounds and talks about the process...

ive never known M to just drop an Album along with a brand new image just like that on the GP - even erotica was introduced slowly as was Ray Of Light Era

Hmmm, i have the exact opposite observation...  Ever since TRUE BLUE, MADONNA surprises and starts a promo with a new look out of the gate. It has always been part of her strategy. When LIVE TO TELL came out, she wowed with her demure look then shocked with the platinum blonde when Papa Don't Preach came out with the album... Even with EROTICA, she was brunette in the movie, appeared demure blonde in the video then bang! Gold-toothed sex kitten when the book and album dropped... It is only with MDNA and REBEL HEART that she didn't shock... even HARD CANDY's BOXER chick look was "ooooh" worthy... 

8 hours ago, yououghttavogue said:

Adele Beyonce and Rihanna are all supposedly releasing next year... hopefully Madonna avoids that.

She doesn't need to avoid anyone because she's in her own lane at this stage of her career.

She can't compete with these girls anymore. This is not 2008. 

She probably just wanted to avoid the Gaga/ASIB mess because everyone is sick of that mess.  I think that is why everything was delayed. 

I do believe Gaga purposely arranged HER release to avoid all the other pop girls.  Taylor was still going strong last spring and all through summer when ASIB was originally supposed to be released. 

2 hours ago, loowee said:

She doesn't need to avoid anyone because she's in her own lane at this stage of her career.

She can't compete with these girls anymore. This is not 2008. 

Madonna is Madonna, and the slavish devotion from Adele and Swift fans would not matter one iota to her....it would just be that the hype for her album would be lost in the hype for the others' albums if they all came out at once.

Madonna needs a great song.  A great video.  And the rest is up to the Universe.

3 hours ago, Lolasmommy said:

I don’t think ASIB soundtrack has done aswell as anyone thought it would - I’ve heard no buzz! People at work who watched the film said her performance wasn’t v good.

Gurl, it is at No1 everywhere and has been selling a lot. We can't deny that it's doing well.

For fucks sake, the woman has clearly still been working on finishing the album. Nothing was “delayed” because of lady-fucking-Gaga and her shit soundtrack or movie. You can’t release (or delay) something that isn’t even finished in the first place :abuse:

1 hour ago, strictmachine said:

For fucks sake, the woman has clearly still been working on finishing the album. Nothing was “delayed” because of lady-fucking-Gaga and her shit soundtrack or movie. You can’t release (or delay) something that isn’t even finished in the first place :abuse:

Guy O. heard the finished record back in August and was horrified. Shes back working on it with more profilic rappers to produce a hit on Guys orders.

The Champagne Rose was a first test. The Portugise elements have been toned down and will be Full on rnb/gansta album.

#soon

5 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

Guy O. heard the finished record back in August and was horrified. Shes back working on it with more profilic rappers to produce a hit on Guys orders.

The Champagne Rose was a first test. The Portugise elements have been toned down and will be Full on rnb/gansta album.

#soon

:lmao:#bringit

19 hours ago, mtzlplk said:

I think Interscope might have intervened too, they’d want to maximise sales from both artists, so I am imagine there was a bit of release negotiations going on.

14 hours ago, mtzlplk said:

Hmmm, i have the exact opposite observation...  Ever since TRUE BLUE, MADONNA surprises and starts a promo with a new look out of the gate. It has always been part of her strategy. When LIVE TO TELL came out, she wowed with her demure look then shocked with the platinum blonde when Papa Don't Preach came out with the album... Even with EROTICA, she was brunette in the movie, appeared demure blonde in the video then bang! Gold-toothed sex kitten when the book and album dropped... It is only with MDNA and REBEL HEART that she didn't shock... even HARD CANDY's BOXER chick look was "ooooh" worthy... 

She had the matador outfit for RH. And she paraded it for a lot of red carpets and awards. It's true that it was more a costume than a real reinvention. 

19 minutes ago, karbatal said:

She had the matador outfit for RH. And she paraded it for a lot of red carpets and awards. It's true that it was more a costume than a real reinvention. 

Living for Love video and performances all trhru Rebel Heart Toir.

It was a reinvention.

i think they are doing a better of keeping a lid on details this time around...i mean the sound of hard candy, mdna and RH was predictable due to leaks and certain people she worked with but this new album is like a mystery to me. besides miriawii  i have no idea of the other producers plus she mixing in the Portuguese flavor. i hope not hear the finished product until release day! or maybe a snippet preview like they did for MUSIC. good things come for those who wait.

19 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

56 minutes ago, karbatal said:

A case could also be made that the Barbarella look was the reinvention of the MDNA era, but it was definitely the first era that didn't have a distinct reinvention / theme for the release and first single.