New album thread - queen teases on Insta stories

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:41 AM, Kurt420 said:

Good call out peter! I didn't even think about that but you're right, it could very well be related to the film or at least inspired by that story.

It's always been a dream of mine for her to do an all visual album where the videos sort of bleed together telling a story......yet they could also be watched separately and be effective. I feel like an instrumental track would work really well in that sort of context. Imagine if the HU/Sorry "stories" had been more fully realized, COADF would've been perfect as a visual album!!

I wouldn't want a visual album from her, with a video for each song
I fell like in the past one of Madonna's strenghts was that she would always choose quality over quantity and she would be very selective in her artistic outcome
not a lot of tracks on the album,  not a lot of bsides, videos, compilations etc... I always thought that made the released stuff much more sharp and impactful

I wasn't crazy about the overabundance of tracks for Rebel Heart as I feel when it's too much, it sort of looses impact IMO

There is a documentary with the title "Dark Ballet" which is about Butoh, some quotes about Butoh:

"It’s a form of contemporary dance that emerged in Japan after the World War II. This dance is often called dance of the darkness. It was created in the atmosphere of revolt and was supposed to be opposite to the traditional Japanese dance and theatre scene, but also to domination of euro-American culture."

"Butoh refers to the ancient beliefs, rituals and demotic aesthetics of the ugliness. ... it relates to that dark, sometimes very brutal side of human and world."

"Butoh touches upon the torment, madness, illness, senescence, death. It opposes the denial of those aspects of life in our modern world where beautiful is only young and fit body from the magazine covers, whereas death and suffering ‘don’t exist’; yet it is not its purpose to emanate with the ugliness or death. On the contrary it is the affirmation of life as it really is and noticing that true grace in its each manifestation."

Madonna has already used influences of Butoh dancing in her Nothing Really Matters music video!

33 minutes ago, cocolattee said:

I wouldn't want a visual album from her, with a video for each song
I fell like in the past one of Madonna's strenghts was that she would always choose quality over quantity and she would be very selective in her artistic outcome
not a lot of tracks on the album,  not a lot of bsides, videos, compilations etc... I always thought that made the released stuff much more sharp and impactful

I wasn't crazy about the overabundance of tracks for Rebel Heart as I feel when it's too much, it sort of looses impact IMO

I agree that quality over quantity has always been an instrumental key in her success. I certainly wouldn't want her to pull a Beyonce and start making each release a visual album. I really think as a one time thing though, Madonna could pull this off with the quality we're accustomed to from her. When she does something, it's not going to be exactly like someone else has done it so I think if she were to tackle something like this, it would be done with some sort of "twist" and it would be of high quality and concept. Obviously, we'd like some videos more than others but in terms of her career, I do think something like this could stand out and be a highlight if handled with care.

Thank you @robster, that’s very interesting and does sound like something Madonna would be naturally inspired by. 

Is it just me or is this album shaping up just nicely and most intriguing, at least on paper from what we assumed so far??? I feel like I can’t wait a day longer... 

I think I'd rather Madonna work with someone like Ewan Pearson (Tracey Thorn) than Paul Epworth, even though Paul is a good producer.  I think Madonna has to get away from what the 20-somethings are doing and who they are using, tbh.

But: who are we to say.  I always admired Madonna's taste in music, but lately she leans too much towards what her kids would be listening to....  

Good for her, I guess.

2 hours ago, Rebel Heartbreaker said:

I think I'd rather Madonna work with someone like Ewan Pearson (Tracey Thorn) than Paul Epworth, even though Paul is a good producer.  I think Madonna has to get away from what the 20-somethings are doing and who they are using, tbh.

But: who are we to say.  I always admired Madonna's taste in music, but lately she leans too much towards what her kids would be listening to....  

Good for her, I guess.

It’s only on the album if the twins like it. 

2 hours ago, luluthecat said:

I’d be well up for Ewan Pearson too, his work with Tracey rocks! I think Dancefloor is my single of the year 😀

Honey, we are in agreement then (that 'Dancefloor' is a bloody good single!).  Roisin Murphy's 'All My Dreams' is my track of 2018, but Tracey's comes a close second. God, if Madonna could work with someone like Maurice Fulton (who produced all Roisin's 4 x 12" records in the latter part of this year) then she could seriously bring the funk on!!!

1 hour ago, Rebel Heartbreaker said:

Honey, we are in agreement then (that 'Dancefloor' is a bloody good single!).  Roisin Murphy's 'All My Dreams' is my track of 2018, but Tracey's comes a close second. God, if Madonna could work with someone like Maurice Fulton (who produced all Roisin's 4 x 12" records in the latter part of this year) then she could seriously bring the funk on!!!

I think Plaything is my 2nd 😉

2 hours ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Do you all think that the snippet from that video is an actual song? I found it weird that they have the permission to post it, since Lauren hasn’t posted anything about the music, only M.

Yes I agree. I don’t think it was anything M related. These guys probably work on a whole bunch of projects at once. It also didn’t sound like it would work in an album with  Mirwais or Billboard produced tracks 

4 hours ago, Rebel Heartbreaker said:

3 hours ago, luluthecat said:

I think Plaything is my 2nd 😉

yes and yes and yes! she is brilliant. finally saw her live this august 🤘🏻

i always hoped M would work either with roisin or eddie stevens (or maurice fulton).

2 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

It also didn’t sound like it would work in an album with  Mirwais or Billboard produced tracks 

Never say never with M. It could be this albums Cyberraga. But I don’t think Madonna would allow that anyone except her posts any new music snippets.

So artists are starting to announce albums for January - March and releasing the first single NOW

Dido just released her first single for a MARCH album.

C'mon Madge, give us a single before Xmas! 

Single won't come before January, she hasn't even shot the album artwork or first single video yet... 

2018 will be wrapping up album & doing photoshoots before her usual break over Xmas & new year followed by album press release in January/February.

Then Single release in time for Grammy's/Brits Performance then the album release in March/April. 

13 hours ago, robster said:

There is a documentary with the title "Dark Ballet" which is about Butoh, some quotes about Butoh:

"It’s a form of contemporary dance that emerged in Japan after the World War II. This dance is often called dance of the darkness. It was created in the atmosphere of revolt and was supposed to be opposite to the traditional Japanese dance and theatre scene, but also to domination of euro-American culture."

"Butoh refers to the ancient beliefs, rituals and demotic aesthetics of the ugliness. ... it relates to that dark, sometimes very brutal side of human and world."

"Butoh touches upon the torment, madness, illness, senescence, death. It opposes the denial of those aspects of life in our modern world where beautiful is only young and fit body from the magazine covers, whereas death and suffering ‘don’t exist’; yet it is not its purpose to emanate with the ugliness or death. On the contrary it is the affirmation of life as it really is and noticing that true grace in its each manifestation."

Madonna has already used influences of Butoh dancing in her Nothing Really Matters music video!

Thanks for making that connection, @robster! If I recall correctly, Madonna also used butoh in the Drowned World Tour — in the second segment. (I feel like the dancer who appears during the “Open Your Heart” swell after “Frozen” is in the butoh tradition...? Perhaps some of the other elements from that section also draw inspiration from butoh, too.)

8 hours ago, Isaac said:

yes and yes and yes! she is brilliant. finally saw her live this august 🤘🏻

i always hoped M would work either with roisin or eddie stevens (or maurice fulton).

More Maurice.  I've seen Roisin live too, and she is terrific.

Maybe because Roisin's partner (Luca C) is in music, her releases are generally more in tune with underground artists, not chart crap.