New album thread - queen teases on Insta stories

Hard to tell from a clip that only goes for a few seconds if this will be a full blown disco track.

I'm definitely expecting more electro stuff on the album and lots of percussion.

I don't think we are going to get Confessions Part 2, I'm expecting something new and exciting and eclectic.

25 minutes ago, Kilt said:

I don't think Confessions was DISCO at all, except for Future Lovers; more like updated 80s synth pop

Excuse me? Of course it was wall to wall disco. The epic disco strings on Let it Will Be? The Jackson 5 vibe of Sorry? The fucking ABBA sample on Hung Up? 

Go and have several seats. 80s synth pop my azz.

1 minute ago, Suedey said:

Excuse me? Of course it was wall to wall disco. The epic disco strings on Let it Will Be? The Jackson 5 vibe of Sorry? The fucking ABBA sample on Hung Up? 

Go and have several seats. 80s synth pop my azz.

Those samples didn't make COADF sound disco-ish at all, imho.

32 minutes ago, Kilt said:

I don't think Confessions was DISCO at all, except for Future Lovers; more like updated 80s synth pop

Yep I see what you write and I d like smtng different  , not a Confessions2 

Rolling my eyes so hard right now. So COADF is not a disco album, even though MADONNA herself said so at the time, even though it has disco sounds and influences all over it, even though the whole visual imagery was disco inspired, even though the promo campaign was dripping in disco. 

Ok then.  

8 minutes ago, Suedey said:

And since when was Mirwais the primary producer of COADF?

seriously. Worst thread ever.

Yeah this is a mess. This is what happens when everyone obsesses over a 2 second clip...

I never though of Confessions as a not-disco album because, but it's interesting to see it in that way. 

So cool the way she and her musical geniuses like to play with sounds and ideas, I fucking love it. Those snippets are v god damn good so far.

2 hours ago, Kilt said:

Those samples didn't make COADF sound disco-ish at all, imho.

I think it was a disco inspired album but not everything was disco...i can definately see the 80s synth aspect of it that you mentioned, i love new york, let will be, forbidden love...very 80s...sounds like blue monday, depeche mode, and visage fade to grey which are very 80s dance tracks but then you have the blatant abba sample jackson 5 blondie donna summer giorgio moroder ceronne supernature essence sooo i think it was just a retro 70s disco 80s synth combination along with a modern 00s electro album.

It’s not disco🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️ That’s why she started the whole promo and tour in a motherfucking discoball 

The music. The look. Everything was disco. The 80’s music just an extension of the disco glory

Some of you need to check up your genre knowledges 

Madonna is a pop artist so all her album are pop but with a genre that influence the rest of it  confession is a Disco-Pop album. Period. Next

A50BF32E-86A6-4E4D-BAAB-91B138AAE8DF.jpeg

1 hour ago, YannBouch said:

It’s not disco🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️ That’s why she started the whole promo and tour in a motherfucking discoball 

The music. The look. Everything was disco. The 80’s music just an extension of the disco glory

Some of you need to check up your genre knowledges 

Madonna is a pop artist so all her album are pop but with a genre that influence the rest of it  confession is a Disco-Pop album. Period. Next

A50BF32E-86A6-4E4D-BAAB-91B138AAE8DF.jpeg

Yes thank you. So many references to the 70s and disco culture. Wtf r u all on crack. There’s literally photos of a disco ball in the albums booklet 

4 hours ago, Maleficent said:

I'm just praying the vocal production is rich and deep and not helium-voice like on MDNA and RH

Amen! Mirwais was good at either presenting a more raw recording of Madonna's vocals ('Intervention') or a distorted one ('Impressive Instant'), but I am hoping a more honest and warm representation is on the cards.

Mirwais broke out with the still-amazing-sounding 'Disco Science'....it would be thrilling if the new single for Madonna ups the ante and is UNLIKE all the chart tosh from all the young pretenders and wannabes.

COADF was definitely a homage to disco!

But it was a futuristic stylised type of disco.

I guess Disco itself was pretty spacey and futuristic compared to other music in the 70s...

12 minutes ago, Rebel Heartbreaker said:

Amen! Mirwais was good at either presenting a more raw recording of Madonna's vocals ('Intervention') or a distorted one ('Impressive Instant'), but I am hoping a more honest and warm representation is on the cards.

Mirwais broke out with the still-amazing-sounding 'Disco Science'....it would be thrilling if the new single for Madonna ups the ante and is UNLIKE all the chart tosh from all the young pretenders and wannabes.

Intervention and X-Static Process where her best vocal deliveries of the past two decades in my opinion. Hope that type of raw vocal shows up somewhere on this album too 

imagine if Wash All Over Me and Messiah had those types of vocals 🤭🤭🤭

3 minutes ago, humanracin said:

COADF was definitely a homage to disco!

But it was a futuristic stylised type of disco.

I guess Disco itself was pretty spacey and futuristic compared to other music in the 70s...

Disco had multiple sounds and variations within the genre.  Patrick Cowley, Larry Levan, Cerrone, Bobby Orlando, Moroder and Frank Farian (to name a limited sample) all produced music in the disco vein, each distinctively different but still fitting the four-on-the-floor disco stylings.  I'm a disco chronic, and would still call COADF a modern disco album of sorts. 

9 hours ago, Suedey said:

And since when was Mirwais the primary producer of COADF?

seriously. Worst thread ever.

Calm your tits sis it ain’t that serious

Imagine having a meltdown only because somebody said that COADF sounds more like a 80s synth pop rather than a homage to disco. Lol

Edited by Kurwisko

I cut and pasted the snippets she posted on instagram and created a loop of the bassline in the clip, so we can get a better idea of what to expect. Of course the strings will progress throughout the song, so try and disregard them in this version and focus solely on the beat. It's just a little something so you can hear it run a little longer then the 2 seconds she gave us. Hope you like it

15 minutes ago, robster said:

I cut and pasted the snippets she posted on instagram and created a loop of the bassline in the clip, so we can get a better idea of what to expect. Of course the strings will progress throughout the song, so try and disregard them in this version and focus solely on the beat. It's just a little something so you can hear it run a little longer then the 2 seconds she gave us. Hope you like it

If you listen closely you can definitely hear her singing “magic” again and again! #WeRSuperstars is shook!

Guest CzarnaWisnia

She's clearly inventing a new style of diss-co, singing exclusively with grills on (I can hear her in the background). I can also tell from the snip-snip that the song will be 3 minutes and 53 seconds, there will be a bridge, and it will definitely be a song. FACTS.