New album thread - queen teases on Insta stories

Guest eroticerotic
46 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

If you expect Madonna to reinvent pop everytime she releases a new album not only are you setting yourself for disappointment but also putting an extremely heavy burden on her shoulders. 

U can def expect a different sound tho even if not new, will have her spin on it

Erotica was house/jazz

bs was new jill swing

rol was pop art 

music was folktronic 

al was her Kabbalah record

Confessions was atmospheric

Hc was urban pop 

mdna was edm

Rh was singer songwriter 

Mirwais guitar blips and beeps, African and Spanish sounds/influence, and Mike Dean a hip hop record producer!

Who knows what this album is gonna sound like!

24 minutes ago, rebelheart said:

She just confirmed she's working with Mike Dean again on Instagram!!

He's awesome. I love all his work on Rebel Heart, especially the almost industrial-hiphop of "Illuminati". Brilliant.

6 hours ago, FeTuoni said:

If you expect Madonna to reinvent pop everytime she releases a new album not only are you setting yourself for disappointment but also putting an extremely heavy burden on her shoulders. 

Don’t get me wrong I don’t expect it. But some interview implies that this sound is the the futur of pop because drake didn’t use it already. I mean it’s nothing new in that way for me. It is good. I really like those kind of songs. But nothing new.

It’s probably too late for this era but a collab with Tove Lo could be awesome. Can’t get over how this women is so open and free with her body and confident. Could be interesting 

8 hours ago, rebelheart said:

Mike Dean said on his Twitter page a week ago, he is in London mixing for Madonna!

I guess this means no Spike Stent ... ? Which is too bad. Was hoping he might be tapped for this. But, like I said, I’m ok with Mike Dean re-teaming on this album. 

Considering Spike Stent got some co-production credits here and there while mixing, I wouldn’t be surprised if Mike Dean gets a co-producer’s credit here or there, too.

On 10/27/2018 at 1:07 PM, eroticerotic said:

This album...is going to be...LUSH

Back to a Bedtime Stories vibe. I have a feeling she really misses 94-98, from her looks and vibe. Bring it!

If that’s the case I approve. BS is one of her very best albums. Soothing, cool vibe. 

8 hours ago, rebelheart said:

She just confirmed she's working with Mike Dean again on Instagram!!

Things are happening folks! 2019 please hurry up.

7 hours ago, tuckeye said:

ya i think he's mixing only. didn't kayne west rework Illuminati?

It was Kanye & Mike Dean together. They weren't brought in until the very end - "Illuminati" was written during the writing sessions with Toby Gad, Mozella and S1 but later was altered enough during production to earn Mike a writing credit when all was said and done. Mike co-produced Kanye's Yeezus album the year prior which is directly referenced during "Holy Water" when M says "Yeezus loves my pussy best."

I can't listen to the overproduced mess that is Illuminati. Completely lost the urgency of the demo.

I love Inside Out, but the finished product is way inferior to the list sounding demo, imho. I'm not wanting to start a RH demo discussion again, but those 2 tracks, for me, sound overproduced in their final versions.

21 minutes ago, BrendanT1993 said:

Illuminati demo sounds very Major Lazer, why weren't they or diplo asked to do any official remixes?

Sad that loser Kanye ruined it, have high hopes for Mike this time

In my opinion Kanye ruined whatever Rebel Heart stuff he laid his hands on.. I really question Madonna’s judgement on that one since the demos of the respective songs were a lot superior... sometimes I wonder if it was all for having Kanye’s name attached to the record...

4 hours ago, Mcp77 said:

Maluma esta en el estudio y segun sus palabras: Esta haciendo magia. 🙄

Are you thinking this is the same studio Madonna and Mike Dean are in?

Maluma.JPG

43 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

I can't listen to the overproduced mess that is Illuminati. Completely lost the urgency of the demo.

I love Inside Out, but the finished product is way inferior to the list sounding demo, imho. I'm not wanting to start a RH demo discussion again, but those 2 tracks, for me, sound overproduced in their final versions.

Agreed. 

My question is: mirwais can mix his own work, so why has this mike dean been brought in now? Not happy with mirwais? 

5 minutes ago, Paul said:

Agreed. 

My question is: mirwais can mix his own work, so why has this mike dean been brought in now? Not happy with mirwais? 

he said he's "mixing".. is that basically the same as doing the final mixing, adding finishing touches, but not totally changing half the song's structure like what Kanye did?

im not a mike dean fan, so I hope his involvement is minimal

46 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

In my opinion Kanye ruined whatever Rebel Heart stuff he laid his hands on.. I really question Madonna’s judgement on that one since the demos of the respective songs were a lot superior... sometimes I wonder if it was all for having Kanye’s name attached to the record...

the only thing Kanye improved was Holy Water. The demo was awful

1 hour ago, FeTuoni said:

I thought the same at the time but I think Madonna was backed into a corner she knew the demos were out there and she wanted the album to sound different so she chose mixes of songs that were differ from the leaks, whether they were better or not so it would seem.....

The mixing/mastering on RH was pretty shitty so I'm not happy at all about Mike Dean. Why Spike is not involved anymore is still a mystery. The last track he mixed for her where the Pharrel tracks on HC and they sounded amazing compared to what Demo did with Timbaland tracks and MDNA. 

Just now, cosmic_system said:

The mixing/mastering on RH was pretty shitty so I'm not happy at all about Mike Dean. Why Spike is not involved anymore is still a mystery. The last track he mixed for her where the Pharrel tracks on HC and they sounded amazing compared to what Demo did with Timbaland tracks and MDNA. 

Correct me if im wrong, but didnt M herself mix songs as well? I wanna say she mixed the intial release of the first few tracks. IMO she should go back to spike but as much as i found RH dull i think the bass on some tracks to be incredible. VVV is SO good played on a car stereo LOUD

1 minute ago, Showdown said:

Correct me if im wrong, but didnt M herself mix songs as well? I wanna say she mixed the intial release of the first few tracks. IMO she should go back to spike but as much as i found RH dull i think the bass on some tracks to be incredible. VVV is SO good played on a car stereo LOUD

Well she's not credited on the mixing process. She was in the studio just like she's now and she's probably working on it too but he's the mixing/mastering guy. The bass on some RH tracks is great, but the volumes and the distortions on some tracks are really messy.