New album thread - queen teases on Insta stories

I just listened to the song from Dino posted earlier here. Just for my knowledge. Outside the language I mean, not that it’s a bad thing because I like the vibe of those kind of songs. What’s the reinvention of pop here? I can hear Sia, major lazer, shape of you. David guetta. Even despacito in his songs. Is modern fado really about this king of dancehall song that is the alternative pop song of trap right now?

without knowing what Madonna’s touch will be and don’t get me wrong I really do like this style of pop. But like I like it since 2014. It is not new in the pop world. I can name you hundred of song like this are close to this genre 

I think this Mike Dean is mixing the record.  Not necessarily producing. I’m convinced it’s finished. Just my gut feeling. Had a dream it was released and there were tonnes of limited and deluxe editions :lmao:

7 minutes ago, Suedey said:

I think this Mike Dean is mixing the record.  Not necessarily producing. I’m convinced it’s finished. Just my gut feeling. Had a dream it was released and there were tonnes of limited and deluxe editions :lmao:

I agree, he's probably mixing.

did some of you collect aaall the pics she and Lauren posted on instagram from the studio? I want to see if they match with the pics that Billboard posted

10 hours ago, Nikki said:

well these are probably the first few notes from the album (first thing I thought of is "miles away")... unless she's just in her house and her kids are listening to random music .. but something tells me this is in the studio and she's teasing

Yeah I think it's a tease. I like it. It does remind of Miles Away now you mention it 

On 10/26/2018 at 12:39 AM, Jazzy Jan said:

How we need this new album.   Need new Madonna music in my life.   Her music is such an integral part of our lives.  Loved the Met ball performance so much and with these latest posts,  Madonna herself sounds excited and happy about the record.  Exciting times ahead. .    

We are so blessed to be spending our life time with Madonna and her music, experiencing it all while it happens... It makes you feel so humble once you really think about it. 

4 hours ago, Lolo said:

We are so blessed to be spending our life time with Madonna and her music, experiencing it all while it happens... It makes you feel so humble once you really think about it. 

Yes we  are blessed indeed

32 minutes ago, Confessit said:

When she shoots the albums artwork that’s when ill believe the album is truly complete.

Well, RH Artwork was done before the album was even finished, I guess.

23 minutes ago, AlvaroLiam said:

Really ?

I didn’t think she ever completed album artworks until the album is in the bag?

We've never known when the album artwork was 'finished' or even near completion except for that time when she was pictured with the Confessions cover picture outside her London gym. So it's not like we've always known.

3 minutes ago, Suedey said:

We've never known when the album artwork was 'finished' or even near completion except for that time when she was pictured with the Confessions cover picture outside her London gym. So it's not like we've always known.

I’m sure she posted on her IG the pics of her artwork shoot for RH so we did know from her the dates she was shooting it.

41 minutes ago, AlvaroLiam said:

I think she revisted what she had recorded for RH and changed loads after the leaks so thw album would sound different.

But I think the actual album was wrapped when she did the RH albuk shoot. 

It feels logical to me that the promo shoots are done after the album is complete ? But I could be wrong?

1 hour ago, Confessit said:

I think she revisted what she had recorded for RH and changed loads after the leaks so thw album would sound different.

But I think the actual album was wrapped when she did the RH albuk shoot. 

It feels logical to me that the promo shoots are done after the album is complete ? But I could be wrong?

Who knew, but I think you're right. I had the same theory for a time. 🤔

On 10/26/2018 at 3:14 AM, caba1 said:

Dino D'Santiago new song released yesterday. The beat is interesting. I wonder if she's going with this direction and how Mirwais is going to mix it with pop music. That snippet she posted on instagram months ago didn't sound like fado or african music. Let's see

I have to admit that I have reservations about a totally fado and portuguese inspired album (I'd love another Music/Mirwais banger) but if Mirwais can spin some deep beats with this sound, I'm here for it. 

Guest eroticerotic
1 hour ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

I hope so. Hasn't she also been quoting BS a lot on IG?

Yes she has it seems. ; 94-97 Madonna really changed my life, and to see her seemingly reference that time a lot lately in looks, vibe, mood, is a bit surreal personally for me. ESP if her album is inevitably titled magic while I promote mine (looking for magic) life is funny

15 hours ago, YannBouch said:

I just listened to the song from Dino posted earlier here. Just for my knowledge. Outside the language I mean, not that it’s a bad thing because I like the vibe of those kind of songs. What’s the reinvention of pop here? I can hear Sia, major lazer, shape of you. David guetta. Even despacito in his songs. Is modern fado really about this king of dancehall song that is the alternative pop song of trap right now?

without knowing what Madonna’s touch will be and don’t get me wrong I really do like this style of pop. But like I like it since 2014. It is not new in the pop world. I can name you hundred of song like this are close to this genre 

The expectation that Madonna will/must reinvent a pop sound with each release is so unrealistic and just expectations leading to disappointment. She has always made pop records comprised of her specified influences. 

I’d say the only time she created a new pop sound was with Mirwais on Music (folk country electronic hybrid).

6 minutes ago, rebelheart said:

She shot the RH artwork in November but the album wasn't actually finished until December as she was still in the studio with Kanye & Mike Dean then!

I take my words back I’ve always assumed that Madonna only moves on to album artwork after the album is ready to go!

Thats why I was thinking I will only believe this album is done once she posts hints from the artwork shoot on her IG like she did with RH.

Buf if she was still recording RH as late as December after the photo shoot then I guess she starts the promo stuff during recording.

17 hours ago, YannBouch said:

If you expect Madonna to reinvent pop everytime she releases a new album not only are you setting yourself for disappointment but also putting an extremely heavy burden on her shoulders.