Brazil: Far-right President Jair Bolsonaro

Camacho

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

It's "funny" how the right always says if you vote for the lefty communists we're all going to become Cuba and Venezuela, ruin the economy, lose our right to vote and free elections.

Yet, they are the only ones doing exactly that :lmao::rolleyes:

12 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

It's "funny" how the right always says if you vote for the lefty communists we're all going to become Cuba and Venezuela, ruin the economy, lose our right to vote and free elections.

exactly

• 11 months later...
On 7/17/2021 at 4:25 AM, ULIZOS said:

Exactly.  I know some once "left voting" people who have turned into right wing conspiracy theorists as well.  If people can't learn from history and keep supporting ultra right wing politicians, they will end up in a truly fascist country before they know it.  

• 2 months later...
On 9/30/2022 at 3:50 AM, runa said:

Star soccer players used to at least try to look like rolemodels but they have become the most insufferable and disgusting people and Neymar is no exception 

• 4 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Can you elaborate? For us who don’t live in Brazil sometimes we don’t know many things 

He is one of the most corrupt presidents ever with politics full of "double standards". And I personally don't support populist goverments like Maduro in Venezuela and Lula in Brazil.

But yeah, Bolsonaro was terrible (even more so than Lula). Sad a third alternative didn't even stand a chance.

1 hour ago, Beastialg said:

He is one of the most corrupt presidents ever with politics full of "double standards". And I personally don't support populist goverments like Maduro in Venezuela and Lula in Brazil.

But yeah, Bolsonaro was terrible (even more so than Lula). Sad a third alternative didn't even stand a chance.

How was it to live in Brazil on Lula days between 2003-2010 compared to 2018-2022?

9 minutes ago, danorbit said:

How was it to live in Brazil on Lula days between 2003-2010 compared to 2018-2022?

I don't live in Brazil. I travel because of work, holidays and one of my best friend has lived in Sao Paulo for a few years and I visit him there frecuently. Sao Paulo is a very pro Bolsonaro city so the opinions I hear from people living there (even the gays) tend to favour Bolsonaro.

21 minutes ago, Beastialg said:

I don't live in Brazil. I travel because of work, holidays and one of my best friend has lived in Sao Paulo for a few years and I visit him there frecuently. Sao Paulo is a very pro Bolsonaro city so the opinions I hear from people living there (even the gays) tend to favour Bolsonaro.

Oh so you haven't been here on those years and your judgement was based on the vision of others?
Actually Bolsonaro lost here in São Paulo  and the gays who support him is a big minority. I may think your friend and the people you've heard from are privileged white cis men? If so, it's easy to understand why they say horrors of a government that gave dignity and favored minorities and lower classes.

12 minutes ago, danorbit said:

Oh so you haven't been here on those years and your judgement was based on the vision of others?
Actually Bolsonaro lost here in São Paulo  and the gays who support him is a big minority. I may think your friend and the people you've heard from are privileged white cis men? If so, it's easy to understand why they say horrors of a government that gave dignity and favored minorities and lower classes.

It's ok.  I don't support Bolsonaro and I don't support corrupt politicians like Lula that take advantage from poor people either.

8 hours ago, Beastialg said:

Oh

9 hours ago, danorbit said:

a journalist from the TV said that Sao Paulo has very pro Bolsonaro neighborhoods, and very pro Lula ones. They don´t even go to the same spot on the beach, apparently, the try not to be together. 

11 hours ago, promise to try said:

a journalist from the TV said that Sao Paulo has very pro Bolsonaro neighborhoods, and very pro Lula ones. They don´t even go to the same spot on the beach, apparently, the try not to be together. 

I am sure the bolsonaro ones don’t want to mix with the poor and the indigenous 

Bolsonaro is the worst. Lula seems great compared to this jester. Again I m not really familiar with Brazil politics, but whatever I ve read about Bolsonaro prooved to me he is shit.