New album: 2019 release confirmed by Madonna in new interview

spazz

https://www.noticiasaominuto.com/cultura/1102561/a-missao-e-transformar-a-nossa-heranca-em-musica-e-na-minha-historia

Dino d'Santiago on Madonna:

Did the Queen of Pop have any influence on your new work?
Madonna is someone who happily accompanied the recording process and gave advices at the right time, but she has the same degree of importance to me as other people. In fact, there are people who had a much higher degree of importance in the making of this album, but of course that it is good to have the recognition of a person who has her school and who looks and appreciates my work. Madonna helped me, but on a personal level. I don't believe that people will enjoy my songs more or less because she enjoys them. She gave me feedback and I know that my world inspired her world.

And did she ask for Dino's help for her album?
That's something that must stay in secrecy [laughts]. But she will tell you about it. It will be more beautiful for her to reveal.

How did this friendship started?
It was through music. Fortunately she heard me singing a song by Cesária Évora and wanted to know more about me. So it's all thanks to Cesária and Cape Verde.

Did it make any difference, at a professional level, to know Madonna? Did it open doors for you?
Many people have known me since I met her because she reaches a bigger audience. In addition, she honored me on her anniversary and made my song 'Nova Lisboa' the soundtrack of her life. And that was a big help cuz the song reached so many people and I received so many messages that I couldn't even believe. I felt this repercussion in my digital platforms, as Spotify, iTunes and Youtube. "Nova Lisboa" reached a lot of people and I know that it was thanks to how Madonna embraced it. 

On 10/18/2018 at 9:06 AM, elijah said:

Well, I have been saying this for 18 years 🙂. I prefer RH and MDNA to Music/AL. But its all subjective I guess. Mirwais production seems cold, distant, unrelatable, monotone, without much depth. That's how I feel when I listen to the music he produced for M.

Ironic you say that because American Life to me is the most personal sounding album Madonna ever made. Songs like Nothing Fails and Easy Ride go straight to my soul. Love Profusion and even Hollywood, most beautifully produced tracks EVER!! You need to take several seats! 

On 10/18/2018 at 8:03 AM, robster said:

Mirwais lacks musicality and layers?! LMFAO... please leave! Hahahahahahahahahaha I'm sorry, you might not like his stuff but to suggest he lacks musicality is just.... DAMN!! LMFAO.. okay

I guess to these people if a song doesn’t sound like a bunch of noise then it’s not “layered”.

What makes Mirwais production so incredible is his ability to make every sound count! His production is always very unique because he doesn’t just through a bunch of beats and sounds together. It has to make sense and go with the message of the song.

His music in a way is it’s own lyrics. This is why it’s one of the main reasons I’m excited about M14, because I trust Mirwais to “make sense” on this record. 

4 hours ago, Katypatra said:

You need to take several seats! 

:clap: love it. 

For those who need schooling, listen to DAD instrumental to see how many layers are going on. Or the complete lushness of the DTM ending (that could just keep going for days). 

55 minutes ago, Paul said:

:clap: love it. 

For those who need schooling, listen to DAD instrumental to see how many layers are going on. Or the complete lushness of the DTM ending (that could just keep going for days). 

Yes, his work is very cleverly layered. It's a contrast to the muffled sound of many contemporary productions. I think it's very expressive and not the typcial wall of sounds where everything gets lost in the mix.

I'm very excited about what kind of "magic" they created for this release.

On 10/18/2018 at 4:56 PM, Kurwisko said:

So true!!! When he’s on his A Game he delivers masterpieces but when he is not... 😬😬😬

When hes not on his game songs like "Fighting Spirit, "Super Pop",  "Triggering", "Keep the Trance". "It's So Cool", are happening IMO. 🙄🙄 they are terrible. Cant stand their basicness. 

2 minutes ago, Miphiwart said:

When hes not on his game songs like "Fighting Spirit, "Super Pop",  "Triggering", "Keep the Trance". "It's So Cool", are happening IMO. 🙄🙄 they are terrible. Cant stand their basicness. 

Fighting Spirit is good...

11 minutes ago, Miphiwart said:

That sounds more like Madonnas doing then his.  She likes those stupid dance songs with cringey lyrics.

15 minutes ago, Miphiwart said:

all bonus songs, or demos that has never been so... if those song are his worst work, I can deal with that 

33 minutes ago, Ray Finkle said:

Mirwais didn't produce "It's So Cool", did he? It was reworked by Oakenfold

that's right .The Mirwais demo is 🔥

48 minutes ago, rebelheart said:

Who's the guy in her latest studio Instagram stories pic?

Idk but the first paper ends with "doing it so good". I'm trying my best to decode a bit more than that, haha.

1 hour ago, AlvaroLiam said:

Idk but the first paper ends with "doing it so good". I'm trying my best to decode a bit more than that, haha.

Maybe it ends with "chocolate kisses so good"; it's a new track that samples the fan favorite Candy Shop.

:headbang:

13 hours ago, Katypatra said:

Ironic you say that because American Life to me is the most personal sounding album Madonna ever made. Songs like Nothing Fails and Easy Ride go straight to my soul. Love Profusion and even Hollywood, most beautifully produced tracks EVER!! You need to take several seats! 

I love you.....hehe