New album: 2019 release confirmed by Madonna in new interview

spazz

1 hour ago, Lolasmommy said:

Does anyone think Beautiful Game could still be the lead single?

I have serious doubts. Seems like they tested the waters at met gala and since there was no universal praise, they might have returned to the studio. That’s my suspicion 

39 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

A 20 seconds snipped of a song at a private party is testing the waters? If that's the case her "team" is really the worst. 

:lmao::rotfl:not to mention, I think it’s pretty safe to assume the arrangement of the song for that particular 20 second performance probably has very little to do with what the studio version sounds like other than the lyrics and melody

2 minutes ago, strictmachine said:

:lmao::rotfl:not to mention, I think it’s pretty safe to assume the arrangement of the song for that particular 20 second performance probably has very little to do with what the studio version sounds like other than the lyrics and melody

Yes I agree, unless it was produced by the Twins. That is also possible. 

I mean, if someone had never heard Like A Prayer in their life and only heard a 20 second snippet from the Met Gala performance do we really think that would give them a sense of what the actual album version sounds like other than the lyrics and the melody? Prolly not, no...so I very highly doubt the Met performance of a 20 second snippet during a highly stylized performance has anything to do with what’s gone on in the studio since. 

1 hour ago, strictmachine said:

I mean, if someone had never heard Like A Prayer in their life and only heard a 20 second snippet from the Met Gala performance do we really think that would give them a sense of what the actual album version sounds like other than the lyrics and the melody? Prolly not, no...so I very highly doubt the Met performance of a 20 second snippet during a highly stylized performance has anything to do with what’s gone on in the studio since. 

Yes, also the Met Gala was almost 6 months ago and it happened shortly after she started working in the studio. 

5 hours ago, Lolasmommy said:

Does anyone think Beautiful Game could still be the lead single?

I hope not. LOVE HER but I can barely cope with another song lecturing everyone about being obsessed with fame and money (like she is) on the album, let alone a lead single. She needs to make us dance and feel good, not give us a lecture.

Edited by Danny Bubbles

On 10/14/2018 at 7:00 AM, dumitru said:

At least we know how the album won't sound like. 

From my observation of history , the prealbum song does not match the album sound at all:

american pie ----music
DAD-----american life
hey you-----hard candy

I think DAD does sound a lot like the AL album!

^ Agreed. This has been already discussed to death in the forum, but I think DAD was already a demo from the AL sessions that got reworked to fit the movie. Tbh AP also does not sound completely out of place in Music. A bit different (think TAB in Bedtime Stories), but not out of place.

DAD sounds very American Life to me, I associate the production / sounds with the American Life era.

To me AL is kinda folkish, guitar driven, with a touch of electro , but DAD feels like full on electro magic to my ears. That s how i remeber it .😁

Back to #14, i am still have hopes for at least 5-6 killer songs, as she delievered every time. Many time i was so let down by snippets and got blown away by some of the tracks when the album came in.

It's almost 2.months since the VMA's. I really thought that was a start to something happening album wise. 2 months from now it'll almost be Christmas. Not long to wait until 2019, I suppose. 

Just now, stevo208 said:

It's almost 2.months since the VMA's. I really thought that was a start to something happening album wise. 2 months from now it'll almost be Christmas. Not long to wait until 2019, I suppose. 

And me she does lots of things randomly these days as oppose to a piled up promo attack.

3 hours ago, Maleficent said:

I full believe the major FLOPPAGE from Pop Girls in 2018 is why M pushed Magic to 2019... She probably thought 2018 has bad energy or unfavourable star placements...

This!! 

4 hours ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

And American Pie sounds a lot like Orbit's other three productions on Music. His distinctive sounds are unmistakable.

No it doens’t. AP has a signature Orbit sound of course, but it has nothing to do with Runaway or Amazing. And after Gone it screams bonus track (that what it was). DAD fits like a glow on the album though. 

17 hours ago, Maleficent said:

I full believe the major FLOPPAGE from Pop Girls in 2018 is why M pushed Magic to 2019... She probably thought 2018 has bad energy or unfavourable star placements...

Yeah absolutely, because she saw it in her zodiac. 

1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

No it doens’t. AP has a signature Orbit sound of course, but it has nothing to do with Runaway or Amazing. And after Gone it screams bonus track (that what it was).

That's your opinion, mine is different. I think American Pie, Amazing, Runaway Lover and Gone are so strongly connected in their production, that they would have make a cohesive E.P.
And American Pie never screamed "bonus track". It sold nearly as much copies as the title track. Outside the US it's a regular album track and worldwide it's one of her most successful singles. 

1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

No it doens’t. AP has a signature Orbit sound of course, but it has nothing to do with Runaway or Amazing. And after Gone it screams bonus track (that what it was). DAD fits like a glow on the album though. 

Amen

1 minute ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

That's your opinion, mine is different. I think American Pie, Amazing, Runaway Lover and Gone are so strongly connected in their production, that they would have make an cohesive E.P.
And American Pie never screamed "bonus track". Outside the US it's a regular album track and worldwide it's one of her most successful singles. 

No and no