New album: 2019 release confirmed by Madonna in new interview

spazz

Absolutely nothing (no soundtrack single, best of comp with a new track or two, etc.) to tide us over for the last 3 1/2 years.

44 minutes ago, Ghost Town said:

Absolutely nothing (no soundtrack single, best of comp with a new track or two, etc.) to tide us over for the last 3 1/2 years.

Technically it will be exactly 5 years since we first got new music by the time the album comes out. RH pre-release 2014, new album winter/spring 2019 

2 hours ago, Maleficent said:

Technically it will be exactly 5 years since we first got new music by the time the album comes out. RH pre-release 2014, new album winter/spring 2019 

Only if the new album doesn’t come out until December 2019. The first six RH tracks were released officially in December 2014 (ahead of the intended schedule of March 2015 — well, I assume March — LFL was to be released in February 2015). So, of the leaks hadn’t happened, we’d only be approaching four years this February. But the leaks did happen, so we’ll hit four years this December. 

Keeping my fingers crossed the album will be released earlier in 2019 rather than later. (It seems likely, given the rumors about touring arenas in Europe in September 2019. I doubt she’d be touring before the album is even out.)

17 minutes ago, peter said:

Only if the new album doesn’t come out until December 2019. The first six RH tracks were released officially in December 2014 (ahead of the intended schedule of March 2015 — well, I assume March — LFL was to be released in February 2015). So, of the leaks hadn’t happened, we’d only be approaching four years this February. But the leaks did happen, so we’ll hit four years this December. 

Keeping my fingers crossed the album will be released earlier in 2019 rather than later. (It seems likely, given the rumors about touring arenas in Europe in September 2019. I doubt she’d be touring before the album is even out.)

RH was meant to come out in late April (instead of early March) & yes LFL for Valentine's day. I think the album will be out in March/April, no later if they have arena's booked for late Summer. 

5 hours ago, Ghost Town said:

We technically got the RHT DVD to tide us over and a snippet of Beautiful Game hehe

2 hours ago, rebelheart said:

RH was meant to come out in late April (instead of early March) & yes LFL for Valentine's day. I think the album will be out in March/April, no later if they have arena's booked for late Summer. 

I agree I think the album will be out in April. 

Possibly (hope so) the lead single dropping in February. 

Frankly, I'm extremely disappointed with her for spending four fucking years to release a new album. There's absolutely no excuse.

Oh and spare me the itsherlufeshedoesntoweyouanything mess. Four fucking years, two of them have been filming twins singing, soccer mum Sundays and over dramatic ads for a scam. 

She'd better release a good album. And I mean GOOD 

14 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Well, I agree with this part of your post. 

I think for me personally the issue is not that she will have waited so long to release new music. If she went all Kate Bush (not an artistic comparison by any measure...just an example) and disappeared for five years, and the (mostly British in Kate’s case) public was genuinely curious to see how she and her music had evolved, I’d see that as an impactful career choice. However, the fact that we have been so consistently exposed to Madonna via social media throughout her musical absence and that much of that presence has focused on purely commercial endeavors that are demographically alienating to much of her fanbase has dampened spirits, lessened expectations, heightened cynicism and temporarily destroyed a part of the artist’s mystique. That can’t be a good thing as far as I can see right now. Again, just an opinion...I don’t want to make that the sole focus because I personally am totally excited to get new music whenever it arrives, and am open to being blown away by however Madonna has evolved musically. I have very rarely been disappointed by any of her musical endeavors, but I definitely do not share her opinion that her skincare line is creative or artistic, nor do I find her advertising campaigns sharp or compelling. So I get why we are all anxiously awaiting signs that the album release is near, and I really hope she draws a clear line between her music and her peripheral “projects and products”. When all is said and done, of course Madonna is the decider of how she manages her career, and her focus is her prerogative, but she gained an audience through music. 

Edited by Herfaceremains

1 hour ago, Herfaceremains said:

I think for me personally the issue is not that she will have waited so long to release new music. If she went all Kate Bush (not an artistic comparison by any measure...just an example) and disappeared for five years, and the (mostly British in Kate’s case) public was genuinely curious to see how she and her music had evolved, I’d see that as an impactful career choice. However, the fact that we have been so consistently exposed to Madonna via social media throughout her musical absence and that much of that presence has focused on purely commercial endeavors that are demographically alienating to much of her fanbase has dampened spirits, lessened expectations, heightened cynicism and temporarily destroyed a part of the artist’s mystique. That can’t be a good thing as far as I can see right now. Again, just an opinion...I don’t want to make that the sole focus because I personally am totally excited to get new music whenever it arrives, and am open to being blown away by however Madonna has evolved musically. I have very rarely been disappointed by any of her musical endeavors, but I definitely do not share her opinion that her skincare line is creative or artistic, nor do I find her advertising campaigns sharp or compelling. So I get why we are all anxiously awaiting signs that the album release is near, and I really hope she draws a clear line between her music and her peripheral “projects and products”. When all is said and done, of course Madonna is the decider of how she manages her career, and her focus is her prerogative, but she gained an audience through music. 

Madonna is a human being..a human being makes different activities in his/her life..someone can find interesting the whole "package", someone else not.. we are here to express our point of view, so it's fine to have different opinions 🙂

1 hour ago, Herfaceremains said:

Thank you. Best post in a while over here. 

1 hour ago, systemvalues said:

Madonna is a human being..a human being makes different activities in his/her life..someone can find interesting the whole "package", someone else not.. we are here to express our point of view, so it's fine to have different opinions 🙂

Agree. But human beings have normally regular jobs. And bregular jobs don't come with millions in revenue. Being a star means certain things too. 

I agree about all. She has the right to this and that, but the gaps are too long. 

3 hours ago, karbatal said:

Frankly, I'm extremely disappointed with her for spending four fucking years to release a new album. There's absolutely no excuse.

Oh and spare me the itsherlufeshedoesntoweyouanything mess. Four fucking years, two of them have been filming twins singing, soccer mum Sundays and over dramatic ads for a scam. 

Absolutely agree :). And to make things worse, I think any prolong period of time without music hurts her career, because: 1) everything is so fast nowadays, that most seem to release an album each year (Rihanna till 2016) or at least each 2 years, so that they are remembered 2) nobody remembers anything these days (short time span) and Madonnas last great cultural moment was 2005-2006 (12 years!) so it feels like re-starting 3) at best the general pubic thinks 4 minutes was the last single 4) she aint getting younger 5) LAP was created in 2 weeks, prolonged period of time without music doesn't seem like its having a great effect on her output

2 hours ago, Herfaceremains said:

I kind of agree. Madonna's my favourite star but she's nowhere near essential to my social media. I get that she is to some, and that she herself may feel there's a danger to being out of the public eye for too long, but I don't think the transition into the digital age has been as seamless for Madonna as it could/should have been.

59 minutes ago, elijah said:

Absolutely agree :). And to make things worse, I think any prolong period of time without music hurts her career, because: 1) everything is so fast nowadays, that most seem to release an album each year (Rihanna till 2016) or at least each 2 years, so that they are remembered 2) nobody remembers anything these days (short time span) and Madonnas last great cultural moment was 2005-2006 (12 years!) so it feels like re-starting 3) at best the general pubic thinks 4 minutes was the last single 4) she aint getting younger 5) LAP was created in 2 weeks, prolonged period of time without music doesn't seem like its having a great effect on her output

I couldn't agree more. I don't want to start any discussions here if the last three eras were good or not (as each one has their opinion), but in aspects of impact we can't deny that Confessios was her last great era. When a woman artist ages it doesn't get easier for her and it is absolutely necessary to try to make a work that is solid, that is what I miss especially concerning the last two eras. I actually like MDNA and Rebel Heart, but for me it lacks consistency.  I would be a very positive surprise if she changed that with in this new era to come.

2 hours ago, systemvalues said:

However, the fact that we have been so consistently exposed to Madonna via social media throughout her musical absence and that much of that presence has focused on purely commercial endeavors that are demographically alienating to much of her fanbase has dampened spirits, lessened expectations, heightened cynicism and temporarily destroyed a part of the artist’s mystique. 

I know you don’t speak for everyone but this is definitely what happened with me the last couple of months. Maybe it’s because I see her as an music artist, primarily. That’s what it is all about - for me. So the drought feels extremely rough this time and can’t be compensated with whatever this skincare promo wants to be, as it couldn’t with another movie project. 

2 minutes ago, Lolo said:

I know you don’t speak for everyone but this is definitely what happened with me the last couple of months. Maybe it’s because I see her as an music artist, primarily. That’s what it is all about - for me. So the drought feels extremely rough this time and can’t be compensated with whatever this skincare promo wants to be, as it couldn’t with another movie project. 

Hey, this is not my post..it's from Herfaceremains 🙂

5 hours ago, karbatal said:

Me too. She wasted her time promoting  all  those boring mdna skins and adopting more kids. For 4 years  she was non existent artistry. It was heartbreaking to see her stop herself from growing as an artist. I know she has  worked so long and vigorously. But why  stop for 4 years? 

Edited by veroelectronica

2 hours ago, Kim said:

I kind of agree. Madonna's my favourite star but she's nowhere near essential to my social media. I get that she is to some, and that she herself may feel there's a danger to being out of the public eye for too long, but I don't think the transition into the digital age has been as seamless for Madonna as it could/should have been.

It's impressive Madonna is in 2018 and living in the digital age right now

3 minutes ago, Kim said:

WHAT?

I meant its impressive she's still around today making music and performing in 2018 while been seeing as current/mainstream without managing to fade away as compared to all the other short term pop princess in the 2000s and 90s and 80s..

Edited by Jitterbug

22 minutes ago, veroelectronica said:

Me too. She wasted her time promoting  all  those boring mdna skins and adopting more kids. For 4 years  she was non existent artistry. It was heartbreaking to see her stop herself from growing as an artist. I know she has  worked so long and vigorously. But why  stop for 4 years? 

I think she's growing as an artist each day, independently of her releases, as she proved in the MET performance, and I am very happy she adopted the twins. I only think the gap has been too long. I only want more official releases. So I don't agree with the tone of your message at all. 

1 minute ago, Jitterbug said:

I meant its impressive she's still around today making music and performing in 2018 and didn't manage to fade away as compared to all the other short term pop princess in the 2000s and 90s and 80s..

Well that goes without saying. 

29 minutes ago, veroelectronica said:

Well she's in her 60s so it's only natural she's taking things slow.. It's very unlikely she's going to score another Confessions or HU so she may as well just sit back, relax and enjoy living in the real world as she ages through her 60s.

I reckon it's only going to get slower and more far in between when we reach the 2020s...

Edited by Jitterbug

29 minutes ago, veroelectronica said:

Wasting her time adopting kids ??? Come on now............. :rolleyes: