New album: 2019 release confirmed by Madonna in new interview

spazz

1 hour ago, Barbie said:

:lmao:

Yeah LFL is still super boring to me. No offense to those who liked it. I never cared for it at all. Instant skip. One of her most LACKluster lead singles well ever. There was a remix I heard that I loved that made it listenable. I forgot which one it was though. 

Body Shop deserved a proper video :dramatic: classic MADONNA.

I listen to the Mike Djemba remix. It adds extra oomph. Hopefully her lead single if uptempo doesnt need a remix to be exciting.

32 minutes ago, promise to try said:

LFL was , is wonderful,even when her vocals are not the best for the song IMO, it is great

I like it, too. For me the problem is the anticlimatic production. It makes the chorus sound like a pre-chorus which builds towards the instrumental part. I always think that's where the actual chorus should start, but it never comes.

1 hour ago, Confessit said:

Agreed.

I actually don’t think had the leaks not of happend it would of impacted much better.

It just wasn’t huge hit material like Hung Up, Music or Frozen.

disagree

5 hours ago, Confessit said:

It leaked and therefore was released 2 months before its actual release. 

Its an average lead single for her.

Bad comparison.

If she can keep the lead single under wraps and pick a stronger lead single than appearing on then Grammys and BRITs could help where the 2015 perrmances didn’t (Except fans enjoying them).

If if if. Madonna is 60, she will never be a huge single artist again. Everybody should just deal with it and just hope the new album is amazing because that what matters. Since she’s working with Mirwais and not some hot producer of the moment she probably knows that too and thank god for it.

Edited by cosmic_system

1 hour ago, promise to try said:

LFL was , is wonderful,even when her vocals are not the best for the song IMO, it is great

Agreed. It is one of the songs off RH I still find myself playing consistently. Same with Body Shop.

10 minutes ago, zizibello said:

I fucking LOVE Holy Water

(please don't ban/flush me)

😂 I like it too. I hate SEX and BIM though. The latter is like Bday song on steroids.

15 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Bitch I’m Madonna is sonically her most interesting song since the Mirwais years. Madonna and PCM Music? I love it! Sophie did a great job with it.

Actually I think Messiah is her most interesting song since AL... 

8 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

Actually I think Messiah is her most interesting song since AL... 

A piano/fake strings song? I get why people hate BIM, but she never did a song like that before (again I’m taking about the sound).

3 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

A piano/fake strings song? I get why people hate BIM, but she never did a song like that before (again I’m taking about the sound).

A sorry!!! I thought u said lyrically not sonically!! Yes in that case I agree with you 🙂

4 minutes ago, Cyber-Raga said:

I have always found it peculiar that M wanted LfL to be released on Valentine's Day considering the content of the song. Yes she is living for love but essentially it's a post break-up song. Very romantic 😀

This^^

On 10/6/2018 at 7:32 PM, GOD said:

Oh

ok then that makes a bit more sense 

This is from Minho, the extreme North of Portugal. I don't think Madonna get the inspiration from Minho's culture, since she's living in Lisbon, but anyway, who knows haha

On 10/6/2018 at 5:25 PM, Sky Fits Heaven said:

I believe that that's part of the Portuguese imaginary, as golden necklaces are a symbol of it:

filii.jpg

This is from Minho, the extreme North of Portugal. I don't think Madonna get the inspiration from Minho's culture, since she's living in Lisbon, but anyway, who knows haha

There are no bad songs on Rebel Heart (plenty on Hard Candy and MDNA though)

If anything I would have put "SEX" on the bonus disc and replaced that one with "Queen".

4 hours ago, Illuminati said:

I like it, too. For me the problem is the anticlimatic production. It makes the chorus sound like a pre-chorus which builds towards the instrumental part. I always think that's where the actual chorus should start, but it never comes.

agreed, there definitely seems to be something missing. it is a good song, but not a great song. I find a number of other songs on RH much much stronger 

3 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

I’m trying to restrain myself from getting involved in the RH debate which some will obviously be labeled “tired,” but ...

While Messiah isn’t a perfect song (no bridge) and seems to suffer from some technical weaknesses (audio levels on her vocals seem to be distorted in a few spots)... I don’t think the strings can be called “fake.” In fact, didn’t she post a video from the recording session with the string orchestra? I was pretty sure she shared that on Instagram. (Just like she posted the lyrics for Messiah very early on, too...)

Perhaps you’re thinking of “Masterpiece” — which I love and believe is a beautiful song, too — seems to have synth strings instead of real ones. Which is a real head scratcher, but ...

4 minutes ago, peter said:

I’m trying to restrain myself from getting involved in the RH debate which some will obviously be labeled “tired,” but ...

While Messiah isn’t a perfect song (no bridge) and seems to suffer from some technical weaknesses (audio levels on her vocals seem to be distorted in a few spots)... I don’t think the strings can be called “fake.” In fact, didn’t she post a video from the recording session with the string orchestra? I was pretty sure she shared that on Instagram. (Just like she posted the lyrics for Messiah very early on, too...)

Perhaps you’re thinking of “Masterpiece” — which I love and believe is a beautiful song, too — seems to have synth strings instead of real ones. Which is a real head scratcher, but ...

The strings she used on the final version are fake strings. You can clearly hear the difference with the demos. 

Edited by cosmic_system