New album: 2019 release confirmed by Madonna in new interview

spazz

1 hour ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

Maybe #soon means #ThisCentury in Madonna's world. We don't know. Whatever it means I'm convinced it's worth the looooooooooong wait.

Hopefully shitty Song Like holy water, sex, bitch I',m Madonna won't be included

1 hour ago, BrendanT1993 said:

When Madonna changes direction, she does it close to the beginning. She usually makes a few songs with a producer to see if they will click.  Changing direction after a several months is unlikely. I think she is still getting new ideas and wants to experiment and try different things before wrapping things up.

Although the album is announced for next year, that doesn't mean a lead single can't be released this year.  I assume the album is almost finished, so I doubt she would sit on a finished album for months before its release. Who knows, maybe the album is planned to be released in January or February. So, a lead single in October or November is very possible. She could promote it at MTV EMA's and some shows, plus there could be some hype about new songs if the winner of that auction thing share some thoughts. 

Erotica and AL is the only album where she spent most time working on it (11 months) IRRC.

She finished Ray of Light in November and it was probably mastered in December. The lead single were released in February.

Maybe she will skip January when it comes to the new album. In that case, February release is very possible. The album could be finished this or next month. So, a lead single is possible this year and we could get another song during January. That second song doesn't have to be the  second official single and many artists do that lately. Then, a new single and album could drop in February.

There were a lot of tracks for music that got dumped before she switched. 

No idea if she's dumped anything or just she's shifting round her schedule. 

I expect single and album release to be close together though. Probably February in time to build for a tour.

Well she's still working with Mirwais and probably Billboard too since he's in London. So I don't really think she's changing direction. Who knows at this point. Let's hope for some fucking tv promo for the fucking cream by the end of the year where maybe she can elaborate something different from "soon" and "next year". 

26 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Well she's still working with Mirwais and probably Billboard too since he's in London. So I don't really think she's changing direction. Who knows at this point. Let's hope for some fucking tv promo for the fucking cream by the end of the year where maybe she can elaborate something different from "soon" and "next year". 

I don't think they will make tv promo for this skincare line 🙂

14 hours ago, GOD said:

Obsession started with the k bracelet but I just wanna know why is she hording all these necklaces on her neck? Does she sleep with them on? Does she take them off before bed and put them all back on when she wakes up? Does she add a new one every 2 weeks? In 3 years time, how many more would she add to them? Will she add more crosses or more titanic looking pendants?

:rotfl:abrahole

6 hours ago, Edivad said:

Hopefully shitty Song Like holy water, sex, bitch I',m Madonna won't be included

Holy Water is great and I rather enjoy Bitch I'm  Madonna. As for SEX... she simply has superior sex songs but I wouldn't call it "shitty".

14 hours ago, Nonoka said:

People were hardly building 'imaginary timelines' in their heads. There WAS solid reason to believe her album would be coming out this year. Apart from all the things already mentioned above, let's not forget M herself was talking about "finishing her record" in May. Possibly, as a non-native speaker, there's a meaning of 'finish' I'm not familiar with, however to my knowledge "finishing my record" doesn't imply "You'll have to wait almost another whole year"...so naturally fans started expecting something to happen. 

And by the way, we can discuss this issue for another ten pages, but let's not forget one thing - back in May around the time of the MET Gala, almost everyone posting in the album thread was convinced about an imminent release. Members thinking otherwise were quickly shut down and called "negative nancies", "debbie downers" etc...partly by the very same people who are now mocking others for their 'imaginary timelines' :rolleyes: So let's not get hypocritical here...

The voice of reason 👍🏻

That is exactly how I remember it back in May. When M posted on Diplo’s insta he is going to be enlightened at May 8th or something. THEN the speculations started and there was always a new date. Some ‚new moon‘ mentions by M, so we figured out July 13th... then of course her birthday, when we got Janet’s new song, lol. And by September, with the Bieniek incident there was a last inkling of hope for a late 2018 release, but oh well... it hasn’t been delusional for the longest time, something happened, I just hope the final result will be worth the wait.

16 hours ago, Suedey said:

As we all know, the Madonna of post-2008 (i.e. without a proper label & management) seems to have more creative control. Ironically, this means that she can record entire albums and re-jig/re-shuffle and chop and change as she wishes (hello Rebel Heart). I wouldn't be surprised if the entire album has been ready for a good few months but she's fucking with it - oops, sorry, I mean making it more palatable/commercial etc. and the final product we get will be full of featured X and featured Y with distorted production and all sorts of bullshit. 

And yes bitches feel free to quote this because you read it here first. 

Theres truth to this. 

On 10/4/2018 at 2:18 AM, Confessit said:

It wan never released properly as a single though annoyingly which is why I didn’t include it in the list.

Single or not, though, it was still new music that was officially premiered in a film in 2011 😊  It's basically the same as "Can't Stop" (which no one would argue wasn't a film song).  I understand what you mean, though.

17 hours ago, runa said:

Well, in french, when we use "I'm finishing", it means we are at the end of something or almost there.
Just like Nonoka said, I guess some of us got lost in translation. 

It's actually the same in English.  "Working on" is the term that most people would use if they weren't close to completing something (e.g. if you'd completed 10% of something, you'd say that you were "working on" it, rather than "finishing" it.  I don't think this is a case of something being "lost in translation" (unless Australian English is completely different to American English 😊).

1 hour ago, Carta said:

It's actually the same in English.  "Working on" is the term that most people would use if they weren't close to completing something (e.g. if you'd completed 10% of something, you'd say that you were "working on" it, rather than "finishing" it.  I don't think this is a case of something being "lost in translation" (unless Australian English is completely different to American English 😊).

i think she didnt say "finishing" but just "finish".  If you asked her to "Release her album"  she could reply "I have to finish the album first" and that doesnt necessarily mean shes close to finishing. People brought this up when she originally posted that. 

I'm really happy about Billboard's involvement. He and Mirwais will be able to make a distinctive sound for Madonna's new album. This remix sounds really good!

11 hours ago, spazz said:

:rotfl:abrahole

rR536w.gif

Y'know, I was wondering this week why spazz was suddenly acting semi troll-like the last while - all the stupid over the top posts about MDNASkin, the sudden gaga obsession etc, and it actually made me think he was just trying to emulate a certain someone.

So I did some investigating. Now you've just lost him HIS account as well.

See, if you were that desperate to come back, then an apology might (just might) have worked. But using your useful idiots to do it? Not on my watch.