New album: 2019 release confirmed by Madonna in new interview

spazz

I knew once she hadn't shot the album cover/artwork by September that we weren't getting a new album this year as Confessions which was shot in August, came out in November.

Defiantly expecting a March/April release now followed by a August/September tour...

1 hour ago, rebelheart said:

I knew once she hadn't shot the album cover/artwork by September that we weren't getting a new album this year as Confessions which was shot in August, came out in November.

Defiantly expecting a March/April release now followed by a August/September tour...

They can still shoot the photo a month or so before the album wasn’t that the case with RH?

29 minutes ago, GOD said:

They can still shoot the photo a month or so before the album wasn’t that the case with RH?

That was because RH was a surprise digital drop. If they’re going for a traditional release then they’d need time for editing, printing, packaging and shipping of the physical copies AFTER the photo shoot, which definitely takes more than a month. 

2 minutes ago, Starman said:

Just the cover because of the leaks, the album still came much later

Thank you, I didn’t know that lol. 

My point is that she can do the cover today and release it in two weeks. You don’t need much time to do that, even pressing albums is very fast nowadays. Also we know now she probably didn’t shoot the cover yet but it’s not like she posts every single thing she does on Instagram. Who knows, maybe she already did some stuff related to the album.

This came as quite the shock yesterday, I couldn’t even post or react. I was a firm ‚late 2018‘ believer... oh well. This shaping up to be a rough year till the very end. Let’s hope it’s all worth it. 

Didn't all the females that released album this year flop??? Maybe she checked the astro chart and found out the fate of the album would be great if released in 2019???

Thank you guys for explaining the RH cover details but I still don’t think they need more than 2 months for that.

2 hours ago, rebelheart said:

She shot RH's album cover & artwork in Nov then the album came out 4 months later, only the album cover was revealed in Dec, early because of the leaks!

And? Sorry but Beyonce, Eminem etc physical albums were pressed after the surprise release and they were released 1-2 weeks after that. The cover for RH was released on iTunes and it was the cover we all know, pressing an album doesn't take that much when everything is ready. I mean, RH didn't even had the credits. it's not like they spent 4 months working on the artwork. 

Edited by cosmic_system

Strategically I think is a good decision:

• A lot less competition (December is a terrible time) and at least a whole year to focus  
  • Portuguese/Latin mixed with Mirwais sounds like music that will work better closer to next year spring-summer than this winter.
  • Unfair and weird bad press (Aretha "tribute, Cher diss) in the last months
  • That Gaga creature will be the talk of the town at least until Oscars. I don´t want to heard comparisons between them and want the media to only focus on Madonna and her music.  
  • Not that it will change in 2019, but 2018 has been horrible to female pop artists (especially older ones)

I was not expecting a release this year anyway. She will follow the path of her last 2 albums.

And people complaining about the 4 year gap. She is 60, has 6 kids (2 little ones) and has given us enough music, movies and concerts to survive a few more months.

19 minutes ago, Beastialg said:

Strategically I think is a good decision:

• A lot less competition (December is a terrible time) and at least a whole year to focus  
  • Portuguese/Latin mixed with Mirwais sounds like music that will work better closer to next year spring-summer than this winter.
  • Unfair and weird bad press (Aretha "tribute, Cher diss) in the last months
  • That Gaga creature will be the talk of the town at least until Oscars. I don´t want to heard comparisons between them and want the media to only focus on Madonna and her music.  
  • Not that it will change in 2019, but 2018 has been horrible to female pop artists (especially older ones)

I was not expecting a release this year anyway. She will follow the path of her last 2 albums.

And people complaining about the 4 year gap. She is 60, has 6 kids (2 little ones) and has given us enough music, movies and concerts to survive a few more months.

I read this quickly and thought it said “Cher dies”. Thought I had missed something. 

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/madonnas-next-album-is-coming-in-2019__24214/

Madonna's next album is coming in 2019

The singer shares details on her currently untitled 14th project.

madonna-2018-met-gala-1100-rex.jpg?width
By Rob Copsey 

Madonna fans will have to wait a little longer than they might have hoped for her next album.

The Queen of Pop revealed that her 14th studio record is currently in the works and scheduled for a 2019 release - a slight delay on the 2018 release she teased earlier this year. 

In an interview with WWD about new products on her MDNA Skin line, Madonna teased: "I’m finishing my record, which I’m going to release next year.

"Yep, in between rose mist spray and serums, I’m actually making music. Can’t quit my day job."

The album follows Rebel Heart, which narrowly missed the top spot on the Official Albums Chart in 2015. See where all of Madonna's singles and albums have charted in the UK.

Thankfully, there are still plenty of big albums still to be released before the end of this year, including records from Little Mix, Robyn and Clean Bandit.

OfficialCharts.com recently revealed 60 incredible chart facts about Madonna in celebration of her 60th birthday back in August. Get your Madge stats fix here.

Journey back through all of Madonna's iconic single and album artwork below:

2 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Perhaps the listening party didn't go well - American Life part two with candy shop 😮 

Disappointing but I want the album to be the best it can be!

Its not a listening party and I dont believe it happened yet. Its for October or November.

Maybe she’ll still throw us a bone on Christmas Day and release digitally a couple of songs that didn’t make the cut for the new album

I just woke up from a fuzzy dream 

you never would believe in a 2019 release. 

I looked in the mirror and I saw her face 

She looked right through me said in 20 19 bitch 

She'll perform Erotica on the next tour and change the lyrics

My name is Dita

I'll be your makeup artist tonight

Turn on the light

I'll be your sorceress, your heart's a beautician

I'm not a witch, I'm a skin technician!

Put your roller over my body!