New album: 2019 release confirmed by Madonna in new interview

loowee

1 hour ago, Mensch said:

😂😂😂😂 and even with that said, she’s graced Magazine covers, done philanthropic work, shown a lot of her life on social media, performed and appeared at different events, went to political events...I mean it’s not like she’s been hiding under a rock and we’ve heard NOTHIN from her. And on top of that she’s given us hints on when she’s recording. I mean I don’t get people. I understand if the ONLY SINGLE music you listen to is Madonna but seriously that would be crazy. Take up a hobby, go out dancing, read a book, listen to other artists, go to a concert...meditate...yoga maybe? Take your mind off her schedule (that you created in your own mind) and let her do it when it’s time. 

1 hour ago, Suedey said:

Exactly. The fact that some people want her to work the same hours & same pattern that she did in her 20s and early 30s when she was decades younger and only focused on her career is just ridiculous. 

And as you say, even with that being said, she's consistently always been a lot more active than her peers. We should be grateful we have had her and continue to have her for as long as we have. Be grateful!

tenor.gif

I’m actually excited for POST-next album era and excited to see what she does with film and (hopefully) potentially act in something. I think now that she’s older she has the potential of acting in the right role. Idk ...I’m excited for it all and just knowing it’s coming #soon and within the next 6 months...I’m thrilled! 

6 minutes ago, Mensch said:

I’m actually excited for POST-next album era and excited to see what she does with film and (hopefully) potentially act in something. I think now that she’s older she has the potential of acting in the right role. Idk ...I’m excited for it all and just knowing it’s coming #soon and within the next 6 months...I’m thrilled! 

I think Madonna’s acting days are over this bird has flown.

Roles for woman at 60 (even if they do look 40) are rare for the elite actresses let alone the others.

But I think directing is were she can genuinely find her mojo and with MGM backing her and the fact Taking Flight is a great story, I think she could have something of a big screen hit on her hands.

I can see in her future an academy nomination as well for directing.

I think POST-Album14 will see her shift her forua and career time more on behind the camera than in front of it and that’s for everything.

Never say never re: acting. She doesn't have to go the Hollywood route. 

Mylene Farmer is nearly Madonna's age (with similar facial dermatological enhancements), and she recently got good reviews for her role in a horror film. Not that Madonna would do horror but my point is if she works with European filmmakers (now that she's back on the continent) she'd have more of a chance than going the conventional Hollywood route. 

However, I just don't think she's that interested in acting anymore. She's more interested in directing.

1 minute ago, Suedey said:

Never say never re: acting. She doesn't have to go the Hollywood route. 

Mylene Farmer is nearly Madonna's age (with similar facial dermatological enhancements), and she recently got good reviews for her role in a horror film. Not that Madonna would do horror but my point is if she works with European filmmakers (now that she's back on the continent) she'd have more of a chance than going the conventional Hollywood route. 

However, I just don't think she's that interested in acting anymore. She's more interested in directing.

That sounds like a very interesting route for Madonna I’d love to see that but I agree I can’t see her doing horror.

I agree I think she has her eyes on the prize for directing and to get the backing of a major studio shows real good promise for her.

I can see her doing something mature and delicate with multiple female roles and M not being overly worried about how she looks and a bare look and some kind of dramatic serious role...

3 minutes ago, Mensch said:

I can see her doing something mature and delicate with multiple female roles and M not being overly worried about how she looks and a bare look and some kind of dramatic serious role...

I think M is to conscious of how she looks to take on a role like that.

In front of the camera she remains the glamor puss. I do think however, they’ll come a time she will stop having all the facial fillers and Botox, sometimes I wish she had just got a full on face lift like Sharon Osbourne who looks amazing and doesn’t have to go and get over the top addictive fillers all the time.

N

15 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I think M is to conscious of how she looks to take on a role like that.

In front of the camera she remains the glamor puss. I do think however, they’ll come a time she will stop having all the facial fillers and Botox, sometimes I wish she had just got a full on face lift like Sharon Osbourne who looks amazing and doesn’t have to go and get over the top addictive fillers all the time.

I was watching the horror movie Mandy and there was this one actress who was a crazed follower of the cult leader and I could almost see M...there weren’t many lines and it was eerie and scary and cool and I can still see her do something unique for her in actIng. She just needs the right direction and role. 

1 hour ago, Suedey said:

So this is how I think Madonna's schedule will be like: 

Oct-Dec 2018 Finish album, shoot artwork + MDNA Skin promo for Christmas season
Dec 2018-Jan 2019 Christmas and kids holidays etc. + shoot video for 1st single
February 2019 First single release + promo
March 2019 Album release (tour announcement) + promo
April 2019 Second single + video
May 2019 - short holiday before tour rehearsals
May-August 2019 Tour rehearsals + third single
September 2019 - March 2020 tour 

So that fast-tracked film has been fast-tracked to 2020? I think not.

And there's no way Madonna is going in front of a movie camera again, for obvious reasons.

13 minutes ago, Kim said:

And there's no way Madonna is going in front of a movie camera again, for obvious reasons.

I expected the film to be shot this year not a pile of MDNA skin promo after reading the fast tracked press release back in March.

But she has to fit in somewhere next year in my opinion and yours by the sounds of it.

My guess is a short 4 months tour to be launched straight away after the album drops.

Album released in March.

Tour starts in May-August.

Taking Fight shoot in the fall next year but she is at the mercy of MGM not the other way round so if they want the film to be shot in the spring or summer of next year then she is the hired in director she will have to conform and the tour will have to wait.

15 minutes ago, Kim said:

Kim, I don't know why but you are always right with these things, so I have to ask, do you think she will tour her next album?

3 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I expected the film to be shot this year not a pile of MDNA skin promo after reading the fast tracked press release back in March.

But she has to fit in somewhere next year in my opinion and yours by the sounds of it.

My guess is a short 4 months tour to be launched straight away after the album drops.

Album released in March.

Tour starts in May-August.

Taking Fight shoot in the fall next year but she is at the mercy of MGM not the other way round so if they want the film to be shot in the spring or summer of next year then she is the hired in director she will have to conform and the tour will have to wait.

Yes the main reason I thought the album would be 2019 was because the film was supposedly set for this year. I can see a delay into next year, but not a full year - unless it's been canned.

1 minute ago, Bat-Fan said:

Kim, I don't know why but you are always right with these things, so I have to ask, do you think she will tour her next album?

I think so but again the film complicates things. I think it will be a similar jaunt to RHT.

3 hours ago, Mensch said:

😂😂😂😂 and even with that said, she’s graced Magazine covers, done philanthropic work, shown a lot of her life on social media, performed and appeared at different events, went to political events...I mean it’s not like she’s been hiding under a rock and we’ve heard NOTHIN from her. And on top of that she’s given us hints on when she’s recording. I mean I don’t get people. I understand if the ONLY SINGLE music you listen to is Madonna but seriously that would be crazy. Take up a hobby, go out dancing, read a book, listen to other artists, go to a concert...meditate...yoga maybe? Take your mind off her schedule (that you created in your own mind) and let her do it when it’s time. 

:clap: :clap: 

3 minutes ago, Kim said:

Yes the main reason I thought the album would be 2019 was because the film was supposedly set for this year. I can see a delay into next year, but not a full year - unless it's been canned.

Ironically that was my reasoning for a fall release this year of the album to free her up with time for next year to direct the film.

Who knows now but I hope we don’t end up with a finished album by Christmas put on ice if MGM announce filming is to begin in March next year !

Shooting the film would take up at least 3 months and I would worry about another leak.

3 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Ironically that was my reasoning for a fall release this year of the album to free her up with time for next year to direct the film.

Who knows now but I hope we don’t end up with a finished album by Christmas put on ice if MGM announce filming is to begin in March next year !

Shooting the film would take up at least 3 months and I would worry about another leak.

I can't see leaks being an issue this time, but I do find it strange that we might have songs recorded Spring 2018 not seeing the light of day till one year later.

Well I am disappointed although I know it is her choice and respect her always.  Don't buy into this whole "  You should be grateful she is doing something, get a life"  stuff that people keep throwing around here.  Of course we have lives,  love other music etc.  Why can't we express on a Madonna forum that we want new music ?   .  Sick of people being berated for expressing that.   I respect whatever she chooses and always will but not going to pretend that I am here for her skin care.  Love you Madonna and will always wait for your music but don't have to applaud her for not releasing music.  It would be more insulting if fans were not impatient for new music would't it.  The day Madonna fans are content with her not releasing music often is the day we know that people have switched off.  I will never switch off from Madonna. 

1 minute ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Well I am disappointed although I know it is her choice and respect her always.  Don't buy into this whole "  You should be grateful she is doing something, get a life"  stuff that people keep throwing around here.  Of course we have lives,  love other music etc.  Why can't we express on a Madonna forum that we want new music ?   .  Sick of people being berated for expressing that.   I respect whatever she chooses and always will but not going to pretend that I am here for her skin care.  Love you Madonna and will always wait for your music but don't have to applaud her for not releasing music.  It would be more insulting if fans were not impatient for new music would't it.  The day Madonna fans are content with her not releasing music often is the day we know that people have switched off.  I will never switch off from Madonna. 

We’re all excited, anxious and anticipating her new album! The absolute meltdowns people are having because it’s not coming out this year (when no one ever said it was) and basically she’s confirmed it’ll be out pretty soon (in the next 4-6 months at best) is a bit jarring and gets annoying to see. It feels negative. Just let her finish and let’s be excited about it. Why cry that the world is ending. 

4 minutes ago, Kim said:

I can't see leaks being an issue this time, but I do find it strange that we might have songs recorded Spring 2018 not seeing the light of day till one year later.

Do you think the timetable has been changed from what was originally intended then Kim? 

1 minute ago, Mensch said:

We’re all excited, anxious and anticipating her new album! The absolute meltdowns people are having because it’s not coming out this year (when no one ever said it was) and basically she’s confirmed it’ll be out pretty soon (in the next 4-6 months at best) is a bit jarring and gets annoying to see. It feels negative. Just let her finish and let’s be excited about it. Why cry that the world is ending. 

To be fair Vogue did confirm it was coming out this year.

I agree we are all excited and as we should be !

6 minutes ago, Mensch said:

It is not ending though.  People keep reacting to the over dramatic posters like they represent the entire Madonna fanbase.  I love you Mensch but don't let the over dramatic sky is falling posters make you think most Madonna fans are like that.  I find the majority here are patient but just truthful about what they want - which is new music.  We are essentially all here because of Madonna's music - that is what make us all fans.    We tend to hone in on people making outrageous comments, people then start complaining about Madonna fans due to them and then the whole fanbase starts fighting with each other because of them. 

Yeah I don't take it that seriously when it comes to my favorite musicians album releases. They're human beings. They have ups and downs and you never know what's going on in their lives that prevents them from churning out music regularly. 

And I mean, come the fuck on... .Madonna is a busy ass woman. She's got a dozen kids, seems extremely hands on with her charity, and just turned 60. Most people start to slow down around that age and start to enjoy the life they've built for themselves. She's no different. 

Tori Amos was a music releasing MACHINE from 1992 all the way up to 2009. But she's another one who went from releasing albums every 2 years to now every 3-4 years. 

If anyone has deserved to take some time off to enjoy the life they built, it's Madonna. 

I’ve been saying it all along that M tends to release an album roughly one year after we first hear about writing / recording some of the songs. So Feb/Mar 2019 sounds about right. 

Regarding the tour...who knows if the LN deal has been fulfilled in regards to her touring. If it has it seems highly likely that she is not only free to direct her flick but she actually will instead of hitting the road. 

12 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Do you think the timetable has been changed from what was originally intended then Kim? 

Who knows. Unfortunately we just don't get told anything anymore (like she used to do in her Icon letters)  Her method of working these days seems to be very protracted so we probably shouldn't be surprised, and I have a feeling there's no record co. deadline on this new album so she can do what she wants really.

6 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

People keep reacting to the over dramatic posters like they represent the entire Madonna fanbase.

I take it as most of them just being dramatic in a funny way. I don't think anyone's smashing up their house because there's no Madge album coming this year. Those looking to nit pick at every word anyone says will do it regardless. 

Anyway,  music next year so looking forward to it then.   In the meantime,  will just enjoy Madonna as always and keep laughing and interacting with major Madonna fans on this forum.   It is a good sign that people are passionate about Madonna and want to talk about her in between eras. .  If not, this forum would be dead. 

Yeah yeah Vogue ‘confirmed’ that the album may come out this year but that was info that M or her team gave in July, then maybe the schedule changed and that was pushed a few months so move on.

Now let’s focus on next year and pray that it doesn’t leak like the last 3 albums. 

1 minute ago, Kim said:

I take it as most of them just being dramatic in a funny way. I don't think anyone's smashing up their house because there's no Madge album coming this year. Those looking to nit pick at every word anyone says will do it regardless. 

Yes, you are right.   Just kind of sad that people are  jumping down people's throats all the time when it is obvious they are huge Madonna fans.   I can't stand it when people say Madonna has not been been good for over a decade etc and they deserve to be called out but lately people have been jumped on for anything they say.  Still, part of life on a forum. 

7 minutes ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Yeah yeah Vogue ‘confirmed’ that the album may come out this year but that was info that M or her team gave in July, then maybe the schedule changed and that was pushed a few months so move on.

Now let’s focus on next year and pray that it doesn’t leak like the last 3 albums. 

I wouldn't worry about leaks. M isn't stupid--she wouldn't store new songs in cloud based drives and share them on her phone this time. Those songs are probably secured on an unconnected hard drive somewhere in a professional high security music studio.