New album: 2019 release confirmed by Madonna in new interview

loowee

I bought meet and greed tickets to see Sarah Brightman!! I’m so excited! And I’m gonna see Cher in January as well!! Thank God there are other divas out there when my one and only queen of life Madonna is “waiting on the game” 

9 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

I bought meet and greed tickets to see Sarah Brightman!! I’m so excited! And I’m gonna see Cher in January as well!! Thank God there are other divas out there when my one and only queen of life Madonna is “waiting on the game” 

I feel the same about Barbra's new album which is coming from nowhere. Love that she has a mid-tempo track in so many years.

34 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

Agreed. M can take as long as she wants! I literally just got the best pop record of the year (Christine and the Queens-Chris) and am about to get the best dance record of the year (Robyn-Honey) ...she can take till next year and I’m ok with that!

32 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Agreed. M can take as long as she wants! I literally just got the best pop record of the year (Christine and the Queens-Chris) and am about to get the best dance record of the year (Robyn-Honey) ...she can take till next year and I’m ok with that!

great picks

1 hour ago, Katypatra said:

:chuckle:

2 hours ago, Mensch said:

Well that's good for you babes and I normally overlap with your tastes (and yes I love the Chris album but Robyn is a bit meh), but I'm not ok with that.

4 hours ago, Katypatra said:

Oops 😂

greed indeed lol 

Meet (fans) and greed (the star), I love it. It should be officially called this way from now on, lol. 

Moving away from the total garbage that is this thread and much of this forum at the moment, no one is talking about the music at the moment. Was anyone else completely shocked by her choice to work with Mirwais again? What the hell precipitated this? I'm fascinated, mystified and confused by this decision all at once. Did he send her a demo that she went nuts over? Did she contact him first? Does this signify her disillusion with the current music scene and has she finally realised after a decade, that chasing a hit and working with the top producers of the day for the most part is dividing her fanbase, giving too much ammunition to her critics and isn't working for her commercially? Is it time to just forge her own path again and create a truly classic and original album that doesn't pander in any way? What is the point in making current music when no one outside of the fanbase is buying it? As always she seems to have the most success both critically and commercially when she is not chasing trends, though I do believe she always makes the music that she is currently most enjoying so what is Mirwais signifying to her in 2018 that is making her want to revisit him as a collaborator? I'm hoping she isn't having a 2011 moment where she picked a previous collaborator because she knew she was going to be time poor so needed someone she could trust to man her project for her. I'd be devastated if Mirwais is her Orbit for 2018 so she can focus on other things. She has spent a huge amount of time on MDNA Skin and I'm assuming on her script for the forthcoming film so I'm a little nervous.This will be a really good insight into if she truly cares about her music career still and if she is interested in creating new sounds. I was bowled over by Mirwais contributions to Confessions and how far removed those sounds were from Music and American Life. If they deliver even a tenth of that creativity then I will be happy.

1 hour ago, Rugbyguy said:

Moving away from the total garbage that is this thread and much of this forum at the moment, no one is talking about the music at the moment. Was anyone else completely shocked by her choice to work with Mirwais again? What the hell precipitated this? I'm fascinated, mystified and confused by this decision all at once. Did he send her a demo that she went nuts over? Did she contact him first? Does this signify her disillusion with the current music scene and has she finally realised after a decade, that chasing a hit and working with the top producers of the day for the most part is dividing her fanbase, giving too much ammunition to her critics and isn't working for her commercially? Is it time to just forge her own path again and create a truly classic and original album that doesn't pander in any way? What is the point in making current music when no one outside of the fanbase is buying it? As always she seems to have the most success both critically and commercially when she is not chasing trends, though I do believe she always makes the music that she is currently most enjoying so what is Mirwais signifying to her in 2018 that is making her want to revisit him as a collaborator? I'm hoping she isn't having a 2011 moment where she picked a previous collaborator because she knew she was going to be time poor so needed someone she could trust to man her project for her. I'd be devastated if Mirwais is her Orbit for 2018 so she can focus on other things. She has spent a huge amount of time on MDNA Skin and I'm assuming on her script for the forthcoming film so I'm a little nervous.This will be a really good insight into if she truly cares about her music career still and if she is interested in creating new sounds. I was bowled over by Mirwais contributions to Confessions and how far removed those sounds were from Music and American Life. If they deliver even a tenth of that creativity then I will be happy.

I’d say there are many possible reasons, but most obvious might be that he provided her with her last number one single in the US, which was nearly 20 years ago. 😳😳😳

13 minutes ago, Herfaceremains said:

I’d say there are many possible reasons, but most obvious might be that he provided her with her last number one single in the US, which was nearly 20 years ago. 😳😳😳

And several of her worst performing singles...

22 minutes ago, Herfaceremains said:

Blame it on American radio stations not playing her fucking songs! 😠😠😠

30 minutes ago, Edivad said:

Blame it on American radio stations not playing her fucking songs! 😠😠😠<span>

It was Madonna's fateful decision to position herself as a rebellious political activist in 2003. It was a very risky game and she lost epically. Her brave decision nearly killed her career in the States. Since then she's stamped as a persona non grata for many Americans and U.S. radio stations. Above all she had overlooked the fact that not all her fans and admirers share her personal political attitude.

19 minutes ago, stijn said:

Madonna is a rebellious political activist since the beginning of her career..

You can not compare her political activities before 2003 with American Life, when she stood up against W. Bush's "War on Terror". The first actions were socially and medially widely supported, the latter was not (in the U.S.).

5 minutes ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

You can not compare her "subtle" political activities before 2003 with American Life, when she stood up against W. Bush's "War on Terror".

Absoolutely wrong.  Truth or Dare and Blonde Ambition at the height of the AIDS epidemic was a far bigger statement than American Life.  Her advocacy for the LGBTQ community was massive and unprecedented by a mainstream artist. Before that, the Like a Prayer album/videos were a call to war against sexism, religious abuse and racism.   Madonna consistently been a Rebel Heart.

20 minutes ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

You can not compare her political activities before 2003 with American Life, when she stood up against W. Bush's "War on Terror". The first actions were socially and medially widely supported, the latter was not (in the U.S.).

👆this

30 minutes ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

Her earlier actions were absolutely not any more widely supported than her stance on war. It’s not like everyone was for the “war on terror” in the US except Madonna. The liberal and Democrat media were just as much against the war as they were for supporting lgbtq advocacy and AIDS activism in the early 90s.  Just like the republican media was very much against lgbtq rights and AIDS activism before. It’s always been a question of politics and which side of the fence you sit on and pay attention to ...

5 hours ago, Rugbyguy said:

I get the feeling she was tired of working with American DJ's. Plus i'm sure current events persuaded to work with Mirwais so it could be addressed via music. 

4 minutes ago, shelita-buffet said:

I get the feeling she was tired of working with American DJ's. Plus i'm sure current events persuaded to work with Mirwais so it could be addressed via music. 

It would be interesting to know the genesis of it all, and maybe we’ll find out during interviews when the album rolls out, but either way I’m just happy it happened. There’s absolutely no way this will turn into an MDNA 2.0 situation with Orbit, Mirwais is a much stronger musician and producer regardless 

2 minutes ago, Barbie said:

Like I said pages ago.....I trust Mirwais. And unlike many popular producers today he's not going to throw some leftover beats at Madonna and hope she's satisfied. Bring on the music.

Indeed, he loves and respects her and she will get the best of him. It’s not like he’s some current sHitmaker that’s more interested in cashing in on Rihanna or Ariana grande with his songs.