New album: 2019 release confirmed by Madonna in new interview

loowee

18 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

It is not ending though.  People keep reacting to the over dramatic posters like they represent the entire Madonna fanbase.  I love you Mensch but don't let the over dramatic sky is falling posters make you think most Madonna fans are like that.  I find the majority here are patient but just truthful about what they want - which is new music.  We are essentially all here because of Madonna's music - that is what make us all fans.    We tend to hone in on people making outrageous comments, people then start complaining about Madonna fans due to them and then the whole fanbase starts fighting with each other because of them. 

I agree. I am only responding and referring to those that are commenting with such opinions. I know it’s not everybody. 

Just now, Mensch said:

I agree. I am only responding and referring to those that are commenting with such opinions. I know it’s not everybody. 

:thumbsup:  I understand Mensch.  Never intended to be seen as singling you out.  You are one of the best posters and most passionate Madonna fans here. 

Just now, Jazzy Jan said:

:thumbsup:  I understand Mensch.  Never intended to be seen as singling you out.  You are one of the best posters and most passionate Madonna fans here. 

I also don’t want to come off as singling anyone out or being an asshole with my comment! Tbh I was THRILLED to get an album this year but reserved my emotion on it (whether it was coming this year or not) and NOW that she stated next year I feel I can breathe and not feel that letdown cause I didn’t initially hold onto a 2018 release. 

Regardless, I just hope for something fresh and new and different for her. We all know she’s passionate. I just hope she creates #magic. 

1 minute ago, Mensch said:

I also don’t want to come off as singling anyone out or being an asshole with my comment! Tbh I was THRILLED to get an album this year but reserved my emotion on it (whether it was coming this year or not) and NOW that she stated next year I feel I can breathe and not feel that letdown cause I didn’t initially hold onto a 2018 release. 

Regardless, I just hope for something fresh and new and different for her. We all know she’s passionate. I just hope she creates #magic. 

I am sure she will create music magic.  That Met Ball appearance was mesmerising.  Madonna's music has always reached me and inspired me.  I can't see that ever changing.  Once the new album is out,  we will all be in Madonna heaven. 

In between eras are always tough times for forums.  We will be buzzing when new album is released. 

4 minutes ago, Aries said:

I thought this last album was originally under contract to be released by this year...guess not

I don’t think the Interscope record deal was timed like her touring/merchandising LN deal was.

I think you might be remembering the time span of her big bucks LiveNation deal.

Her LN deal (if the original contract is still to be believed) runs out this year. She signed for 10 years in 2008. She has delivered the tour promise of it. (Some say she owes one more, who knows?) 

She signed for 3 studio albums with Interscope but I don’t recall any time limit when the contract was publicised.

23 minutes ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Yeah yeah Vogue ‘confirmed’ that the album may come out this year but that was info that M or her team gave in July, then maybe the schedule changed and that was pushed a few months so move on.

Now let’s focus on next year and pray that it doesn’t leak like the last 3 albums. 

but MADONNA has been leaking since the birth of Napster not just the last 3 albums... (those were the days) the Rebel Heart type of leak is the one that should be avoided (although I loved those leakages)

3 hours ago, Confessit said:

Madonna herself quoted it to W Magazine online whilst doing MDNA Skin promo. 

Why exactly is the Vogue Italia article hogwash and the W article gospel?

2 minutes ago, sul8323 said:

Why exactly is the Vogue Italia article hogwash and the W article gospel?

Because Madonna was quoted directly in the W interview. She was answering a question and in her answer confirmed the albums is out next year.

Vogue Italia published in the article the album would be out this year. 

18 minutes ago, mtzlplk said:

but MADONNA has been leaking since the birth of Napster not just the last 3 albums... (those were the days) the Rebel Heart type of leak is the one that should be avoided (although I loved those leakages)

Didnt Secret and Frozen leak? Or snippets at least?   

I kind of hope something leaks tbh. I know that would be terrible but Im so thirsty lolo

3 minutes ago, Mensch said:

I want a soundtrack song!!! 

Maybe for her movie 😉

2 minutes ago, tuckeye said:

I'm surprised no one here said "i still believe it's coming out this year" lol

Out of anybody that person would of been me 🙋🏻‍♂️ I think I’ve bee flying that albums out this year flag obsessively ! 

But the Queen has spoken and even I wouldn’t want to mess with that.

After her 2019 confirmation (of course I am disappointed cause I am so thirsty of M's new music) but I was thinking that in a way it's better for us to live longer this anticipation before a new era starts. You know, the first single is released, then the album is released and then we are waiting for the tour. In a way I feel happy that after New Year's Eve, we are beginning a full new Madonna heaven year. 

47 minutes ago, runa said:

The schedule completely changes after the Aretha debacle. I can tell you that.

( :rotfl: )

Probably the analysis of a text of her religious cult made her realize that the alignment of the planets was not favorable for the release of an album in 2018. If we are lucky, the astrology of 2019 may not be favorable to the sale of cosmetics.🤣

5 minutes ago, zephyralexxx said:

After her 2019 confirmation (of course I am disappointed cause I am so thirsty of M's new music) but I was thinking that in a way it's better for us to live longer this anticipation before a new era starts. You know, the first single is released, then the album is released and then we are waiting for the tour. In a way I feel happy that after New Year's Eve, we are beginning a full new Madonna heaven year. 

I agree! It gives us a great 2019 to look forward to!

19 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

Probably the analysis of a text of her religious cult made her realize that the alignment of the planets was not favorable for the release of an album in 2018. If we are lucky, the astrology of 2019 may not be favorable to the sale of cosmetics.🤣

Michael-Scott-Failing-to-Hold-In-Laughte

So over the last two months Madonna has been randomly posting cryptic Instagram stories about "people wasting her time," having to do everything herself, being disappointed in ppl etc. I just wonder if some of these things are album related. Plus there was the very telling dig at Guy Oseary about having to do songwriting camps. I don't know if Starrah worked out or not. My first thought when she pulled in Mirwais was that the shit wasn't working out. Another Mirwais theory goes back to her Tears of a Clown mindset when for her Australian show she basically performed the American Life album---seems her current mindset may be where it was in 2003. I hope that's the case instead of contacting him out of mere frustration for her current song development collaborators.

I think she is trying very hard to pull out an exceptional album because her last few albums have been on a downward trend commercially and critically (Rebel Heart still had mixed reviews). I definitely think she will go for more experimentation this time around which is good.

I have a gut feeling that the album is delayed because A) The Aretha thing or B) She hasn't come up with any exceptional songs yet.

1 minute ago, geminigoat said:

So over the last two months Madonna has been randomly posting cryptic Instagram stories about "people wasting her time," having to do everything herself, being disappointed in ppl etc. I just wonder if some of these things are album related. Plus there was the very telling dig at Guy Oseary about having to do songwriting camps. I don't know if Starrah worked out or not. My first thought when she pulled in Mirwais was that the shit wasn't working out. Another Mirwais theory goes back to her Tears of a Clown mindset when for her Australian show she basically performed the American Life album---seems her current mindset may be where it was in 2003. I hope that's the case instead of contacting him out of mere frustration for her current song development collaborators.

I think she is trying very hard to pull out an exceptional album because her last few albums have been on a downward trend commercially and critically (Rebel Heart still had mixed reviews). I definitely think she will go for more experimentation this time around which is good.

I have a gut feeling that the album is delayed because A) The Aretha thing or B) She hasn't come up with any exceptional songs yet.

Quite possibly.

7 minutes ago, geminigoat said:

An album/era is always planned months ahead because of touring/promo/release/packaging schedules, and the Aretha thing wasn't even that big to begin with...

We've known for months that they were looking to book arenas in Europe in Summer 2019, and the next album is obviously gonna be another tour bundle type of deal, so it was never likely that she was gonna drop the album almost a year before going on tour. 

5 minutes ago, loowee said:

An album/era is always planned months ahead because of touring/promo/release/packaging schedules, and the Aretha thing wasn't even that big to begin with...

We've known for months that they were looking to book arenas in Europe in Summer 2019, and the next album is obviously gonna be another tour bundle type of deal, so it was never likely that she was gonna drop the album almost a year before going on tour. 

Good points. There is probably gonna be some heavy activity in Brazil also considering she skipped South America last time and especially with a Portuguese language single. Her recent #EleNao post was a huge PR win for her. She will be well served by focusing on her global audience outside of America... I am hopeful her new sound will reflect that and I hope she doesn't twerk at Glastonbury.