New album: 2019 release confirmed by Madonna in new interview

loowee

1 minute ago, runa said:

I swear this thread, :dead:

You can laugh how much you want but I know that deep inside your heart you would have preferred to listen to new music by now instead of watching endless (almost useless for us) MDNA skin commercials.

42 minutes ago, Golechunkymonkey said:

she is a total perfectionnist in everything she does
even when she does not play the instruments herself nor compose, nothing can pass without her approval and her ear is impeccable (she hears things that even producers cannot)
so yes she's a producer and a writer and she won an oscar for COMPOSING the song "evergreen" (from A STAR IS BORN, a movie she wrote, produced, etc etc herself)

Madonna is involved but not as much as Streisand , example: YENTL
she did everything except caterer

A lot of her recent albums have been COVER albums pushed by her record company and recorded FAST so she ain't composing shit. Also Streisand doesn't really make music videos anymore, once in awhile, so please stop.

Unless it’s actually coming soon, I really wish she’d stop using that hashtag. I think we’d be content enough just knowing she’s working hard on the album without the false expectations and hope. But maybe it is #comingsoon...

43 minutes ago, zephyralexxx said:

You can laugh how much you want but I know that deep inside your heart you would have preferred to listen to new music by now instead of watching endless (almost useless for us) MDNA skin commercials.

Of course I do. No doubt about that. 
But M is not an artist "on command". When she is, you get something like MDNA quality and you will agree with me, that's not what we want. 

Creativity is not a button you push, it's way more complicated than that. Streisand might be very good, I can give you that, but all her albums sound the same. She's not creative. Technically  she might be a very good singer but that's it. 

I expect more than that from M. 

1 minute ago, strictmachine said:

Unless it’s actually coming soon, I really wish she’d stop using that hashtag. I think we’d be content enough just knowing she’s working hard on the album without the false expectations and hope. But maybe it is #comingsoon...

Definitely not before mid November at the earliest as the rich piggies get to hang out listening to it first

4 minutes ago, runa said:

But M is not an artist "on command". When she is, you get something like MDNA quality and you will agree with me, that's not what we want. 

Creativity is not a button you push, it's way more complicated than that. Streisand might be very good, I can give you that, but all her albums sound the same. She's not creative. Technically  she might be a very good singer but that's it. 

I agree with you, as well. But it's the first time I am disappointed in 26 years since I am a fan (mainly because she gave us false hopes, but this is a big lesson for me). Anyway, I'm waiting, I have no choice.

4 hours ago, runa said:

Girl so many wrong things about that post. Go and have several seats.

1 hour ago, zephyralexxx said:

I am sure Streisand is 100% involved in her work, no doubt of this. She does concerts, documentaries for Netflix, promo for this and I am sure she is involved in the songs' creation. Not just singing them. I don't want to discredit M by talking about Streisand. All I want to say is that you can do it even when your way older than M. Somebody from here told me that M has 4 years gaps between albums because she is older now. Well, look, it's not a rule. 

Streisand sings other people's songs, lots of them  And standing on a stage, singing someone else's songs is not  what Madonna does.  M could put out standards albums every two years... thank goodness she doesn't.  That is not M. And M is a mother first and that is good.  No Mommy Dearest remake.  

58 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Maybe something will happen at the American Music Awards

giphy.gif

I hope so!! AMA are on October 9th.  It would be the perfect time to release a political/feminist song.

8 minutes ago, sul8323 said:

Streisand sings other people's songs, lots of them  And standing on a stage, singing someone else's songs is not  what Madonna does.  M could put out standards albums every two years... thank goodness she doesn't.  That is not M. And M is a mother first and that is good.  No Mommy Dearest remake.  

Thank you

16 minutes ago, sul8323 said:

God.  I hope you realize how stupid this post is. 

Edited by cosmic_system

I'm not sure why people are comparing Madonna to Barbra.  Completely different artists and that is not a put down of either.  Barbra has been at the top of her field for years as Madonna has been at the top of her field for years.  They are nothing alike as vocalists or artists so comparisons are pointless. 

Latest updates:

album and first single to be released in 2018 NOT 2019.

album to feature 10 tracks, Japan and special editions to feature more.

More coming soon.