New album: 2019 release confirmed by Madonna in new interview

loowee

I really do hope fado is a major influence on the record...fado+mirwais electronica+madonna’s lush vocals on some balladry+some upbeat spiritually reflective songs...idk I’m expecting something special ...I can’t wait!!!

3 hours ago, Plaything said:

Nakhane commented with „LISSEN“. What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

I can’t see the comment but could it just be ‘listen’ with different spelling....?

11 hours ago, Routa said:

Wasn't RH artwork done like a month before release though?

So anything is still possible. But yeah, I do think 2019 is more likely. Anything sooner will be a positive surprise. 🙂

No it was shot in November 2014 & the album came out 4 months later, it was the album cover that was revealed a month later & that was because they had to rush it out with the 6 tracks because of the leaks!

1 hour ago, Rock said:

What happenned to We Need More Windows In Hell? Was it given to Laura Pausini too?

Ha. I’d forgotten about that rumour!! Didn’t even make it to the papers?? What was the song called that about fucking in a dog shelter?? It’s shame nodies started more or done some fake-ass leaks. Is that Instagram page still going?

My record has no plan 

But I'm not concerned 

I've made some beautiful songs 

But you'll never know

My fans tell me to put it out

That through RH I should've learned 

But I'll keep my beautiful songs 

Cuz I'm not concerned

23 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

My record has no plan 

But I'm not concerned 

I've made some beautiful songs 

But you'll never know

My fans tell me to put it out

That through RH I should've learned 

But I'll keep my beautiful songs 

Cuz I'm not concerned

I think it's likely 🙂

3 hours ago, TXIII said:

I am very happy that nothing has leaked so far, how long after we new she was recording RH, did demos start leaking? 

She began recording RH in March 2014 & the leaks began in November 2014...

^ True ... weren’t there descriptions of tracks published in the (British) press before actual song files began leaking? I vaguely recall that. Because that’s how we knew about more tracks than those which initially surfaced...

I imagine there will be a very strict NDA for the auctioned listening opportunity. Cell phones will probably be taken away for the studio time, etc.

On 9/23/2018 at 5:57 PM, luluthecat said:

Now I know it probably means absolutely nothing but Mirwais has started following & liking Mark “Spike” Stent’s instagram......should I take it as a sign and get excited?!?.......I really shouldn’t I know, but I just want him to be on board so bad!!!

On 9/23/2018 at 6:05 PM, Nightshade said:

Stent is probably her best mixer/engineer. I'll be excited if he's back (not that this implies that).

Someone else may have mentioned this possibility, but the Nakhane Touré connection seems somewhat recent for Madonna and since they were seen together at the end of August and early September, I am wondering if she is trying to get more involvement with him on the album (thus it may come out a little later than we originally anticipated)? After all, Nellee Hooper was very late to the Bedtime Stories game but (IMO) he helped take that album to a whole other level. If M has found someone really inspiring, maybe she wants to follow that rabbit for a bit? I am down for waiting if the end result is sheer crystalline brilliance.

Impatience is usually the delivery driver of mediocrity.

This is almost too good to be true!! So excited for this possibility.

On the other hand, doesn’t Stent only handle a small volume of projects in any given year now? I mean ... if he’s finished the Paul McCartney project, perhaps he’s available to handle M’s. But I thought I remember reading he doesn’t do as many albums in a year as he used to. (Maybe I read that around the time of No Doubt’s Push and Shove? Or did he not even work on that and I’m making this all up in my head ...?)

Here’s hoping Spike is back at the mixing board for M!

2 hours ago, peter said:

^ True ... weren’t there descriptions of tracks published in the (British) press before actual song files began leaking? I vaguely recall that. Because that’s how we knew about more tracks than those which initially surfaced...

I imagine there will be a very strict NDA for the auctioned listening opportunity. Cell phones will probably be taken away for the studio time, etc.

Song descriptions began to surface in August 2014 on DrownedMadonna.com, Madonnarama & The Sun newspaper. 

Honestly I keep seeing all the talk about a suprise release and I think to myself, why. Personally I don't think a suprise release would work for her, she's not Beyoncé and it could backfire. Madonna sells well when she has a record label behind her who go out of the way to promote the record instead of just dropping it out of the blue like some people

Having said that I would maybe like to see her go independent one day, start her own record label and self release.

She could also service a pre- and post-recording agreement to hold the producers, writers, artists, and engineers liable for the leakage, sharing, placement, and playing of the music. Oh and don't email your songs, as email accounts can and have been hacked into. Keep a lock on your computers, phones, and devices.Turn WiFi off too.

That's how I would prevent leaks but i'm not Guy O

She’s not Beyoncé?? Of course she’s not! Beyoncé is a nobody and Madonna is a global living legend! A surprise release will shatter the media and turn the world upside down! I’m not advocating for it, but if it did happen, it would be a huge success! Why? Because she’s Madonna and all of her preorders always go number 1 around the world! Then with leaks people canceled their preorders! But imagine no preorder, just a straight up release! It would all be permanently sold! She’d kick your Beyoncé’s one dimensional butt!