New album: 2019 release confirmed by Madonna in new interview

loowee

1 minute ago, luluthecat said:

Now I know it probably means absolutely nothing but Mirwais has started following & liking Mark “Spike” Stent’s instagram......should I take it as a sign and get excited?!?.......I really shouldn’t I know, but I just want him to be on board so bad!!!

Stent is probably her best mixer/engineer. I'll be excited if he's back (not that this implies that).

Someone else may have mentioned this possibility, but the Nakhane Touré connection seems somewhat recent for Madonna and since they were seen together at the end of August and early September, I am wondering if she is trying to get more involvement with him on the album (thus it may come out a little later than we originally anticipated)? After all, Nellee Hooper was very late to the Bedtime Stories game but (IMO) he helped take that album to a whole other level. If M has found someone really inspiring, maybe she wants to follow that rabbit for a bit? I am down for waiting if the end result is sheer crystalline brilliance.

Impatience is usually the delivery driver of mediocrity.

6 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

Wasn’t she meant to have ripped-off Mondino before for the Rain video. It was an ad staring Catherine Deneuve - don’t know where I read that.

It's on the "Rain" Wikipedia page. Here is the Mondino commercial: 

I don't really think it rips off Mondino, but I think the lighting aspects, stark color palette, and "close-up face" aesthetics are very similar. That's more filming technique than direct artistic borrowing, but that's just my assessment.

I think the Tellier album cover is definitely referenced in the Rebel Heart cover, but I don't think I'd argue for plagiarism. I bet she liked the idea, but as always, puts her own spin on various concepts. It's not like there is a copyright on wrapping a wire around your head. She also liked the vibe of M/M (Paris)'s work on Björk's Vespertine and Greatest Hits albums which led to the deconstructed, black and white design on American Life. All of this is nothing new.

6 minutes ago, Nightshade said:

It's on the "Rain" Wikipedia page. Here is the Mondino commercial: 

I don't really think it rips off Mondino, but I think the lighting aspects, stark color palette, and "close-up face" aesthetics are very similar. That's more filming technique than direct artistic borrowing, but that's just my assessment.

I think the Tellier album cover is definitely referenced in the Rebel Heart cover, but I don't think I'd argue for plagiarism. I bet she liked the idea, but as always, puts her own spin on various concepts. It's not like there is a copyright on wrapping a wire around your head. She also liked the vibe of M/M (Paris)'s work on Björk's Vespertine and Greatest Hits albums which led to the deconstructed, black and white design on American Life. All of this is nothing new.

That’s it!! Wikipedia! I feel ashamed now. Though I’m sure I read that pre-wiki days. It’s certainly similar, but like with all these reference, they’re just that “references”.

1 hour ago, luluthecat said:

Now I know it probably means absolutely nothing but Mirwais has started following & liking Mark “Spike” Stent’s instagram......should I take it as a sign and get excited?!?.......I really shouldn’t I know, but I just want him to be on board so bad!!!

They did work together on Music & American Life but it could mean he is doing the mixing again since Demo seems to be finally out the picture... Remember Lauren D'Elia is Madonna's vocal engineer/producer this time around, not Demo so could mean Spike is back on board for the mixing, let's hope he is as he is a fantastic mixer!

Does anybody else feel terrified about the fact Madonna's invested a lot of time promoting that damn cream instead of focusing 100% on the new record? I've never been against the idea of her exploring other areas, lucrative or not, apart from music and videos that interest her. It's just that I can't forget the comments William Orbit made after the MDNA album about her being distracted by other projects, therefore its disastrous performance.

5 minutes ago, madgefan said:

Does anybody else feel terrified about the fact Madonna's invested a lot of time promoting that damn cream instead of focusing 100% on the new record? I've never been against the idea of her exploring other areas, lucrative or not, apart from music and videos that interest her. It's just that I can't forget the comments William Orbit made after the MDNA album about her being distracted by other projects, therefore its disastrous performance.

Has she had a vocal engineer/producer before? On her other recent albums Demo is listed an engineer and mixer - I don’t really know what they all do. But you’re thinking Demo is history that’s very good news indeed! 

Join Madonna in her recording studio in London and preview songs from her upcoming album

Madonna’s next album will be coming out soon, and before its release, the Queen of Pop invites the winning bidder and up to three guests to join her in her London recording studio to preview some of the songs from the album with her.

For anyone who has ever wanted to go “behind the scenes” of an album, or for anyone who is a fan of Madonna - that is, for everyone - this is a true “once-in-a-lifetime” opportunity.

https://www.montecarlogala2018.com/catalog/experiences/join-madonna-in-her-recording

36 minutes ago, humanracin said:

This is the one time I was shocked by M ripping off someone else's art.... It's pretty blatant.

TYTBMP is about reminiscing so the photo album thing is a pretty obvious idea

50 minutes ago, humanracin said:

This is the one time I was shocked by M ripping off someone else's art.... It's pretty blatant.

Mondino directed Boy George's video too. :lol: Madonna just can't enough of Mondino.

BTW, I don't think Mondino minds considering he worked with her several times after TUTBMP.

26 minutes ago, Starman said:

i wonfer if she used the same director of photography of those ads, that would explain similar lensing/colors

The director of photography for the Rain video was Harris Savides, not sure if he had ever worked with Mondino (who directed the ads). But it was quite a popular style at that time in fashion/video... but it is likely that Mondino's aesthetics influenced Madonna and Mark Romanek.

And speaking of Mondino, the Human Nature video was directly inspired by his S&M photoshoot with Nadja Auermann.
nadja-auermann005-id6608-gthumb-gwdata12

No one would’ve even seen Boy George’s video had it not been for TUTBMP....even if it is a rip-off, inspired, or whatever.....M did it 100% better...same with people saying the song Vogue and the gay underground dancing....M seems to take something and raise it up to new heights whereas it never would’ve been discovered...she adds a certain  style and flair to her art that is unsurpassed 

Didn't mean to offend anyone by posting those 2 videos but they are pretty much exactly the same.

I like both artists, both songs and both videos. I don't think 1 is better than the other but George's is 5 years older than Ms.

I actually doubt she personally even knew about George's video and it was more laziness on the director's part in this instance.

It was a soundtrack song and she was probably too busy working on the Erotica album to even notice.

5 hours ago, mamifero said:

Join Madonna in her recording studio in London and preview songs from her upcoming album

Madonna’s next album will be coming out soon, and before its release, the Queen of Pop invites the winning bidder and up to three guests to join her in her London recording studio to preview some of the songs from the album with her.

For anyone who has ever wanted to go “behind the scenes” of an album, or for anyone who is a fan of Madonna - that is, for everyone - this is a true “once-in-a-lifetime” opportunity.

https://www.montecarlogala2018.com/catalog/experiences/join-madonna-in-her-recording

Anyway, bringing this back to topic...this looks legit. If M is having a "listening" party in London (in October or November), the album must be close to finished. However, based on the timelines of her last albums - the "listening party" (well, for record executives) happened about 3-4 months before the actual release date. :confused:

Of course, it's possible Live Nation already had their listening party and this is just part of the album promo?

2 hours ago, rebelheart said:

Yep no way album this coming this year considering artwork was yet to be shot, probably going to be done later in the year now for a March release!

Wasn't RH artwork done like a month before release though?

So anything is still possible. But yeah, I do think 2019 is more likely. Anything sooner will be a positive surprise. 🙂

4 hours ago, Nightshade said:

Anyway, bringing this back to topic...this looks legit. If M is having a "listening" party in London (in October or November), the album must be close to finished. However, based on the timelines of her last albums - the "listening party" (well, for record executives) happened about 3-4 months before the actual release date. :confused:

Of course, it's possible Live Nation already had their listening party and this is just part of the album promo?

Its possible that she might not want any regular people hearing any tracks until right before the album comes out and it might be coming out mid/end Nov or December but the time is running out for them to announce it if that was the case. They really need to look at how they market a record. The anticipation peaked in May/June when we thought we were about to get a single and if its now dragging on with rich people getting the chance to hear it before, its just not great. Fine to auction that prize but once the album is officially announced.