New album: 2019 release confirmed by Madonna in new interview

loowee

guess we can only speculate what he means with "there are other things in play", but the conversation from oseary's side to me suggests they've talked for a while already, he didn't just introduce himself as a manager and ask him to send ideas.. he's such an idiot for ruining it 

22 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

.....well I think his work’s really interesting. I can totally see why she’d like it. 2372B789-519B-4754-B0FA-3197802D51E0.jpeg

.....reminded me of a shoot by Inez & Vinoodh FB115DD0-C2D4-498C-A558-95D89A5F85BA.jpeg

......could totally see M doing something in this vein. It would awesome.

Shame he’s a fucking pretentious tool, who has to show off that they’ve even “turned down Madonna” - cringe. 

I’ve seen stuff like this done before and way better. 

3 hours ago, Heart_beat said:

I think that it's our moral duty respond to this post and say something supportive and protective. This is a shitty behavior, specially coming from an "artist". He can may not like her music or her role but i think he had to be respectful and do not publicly report a private conversation by her manager.

So now we know she's looking for the cover art so we may assume studio times are over and she is having final touches

His work is shit. I say no one should respond to him, Madonna doesn’t need her fans to defend her on social media like them little monsters 

10 minutes ago, Nikki said:

guess we can only speculate what he means with "there are other things in play", but the conversation from oseary's side to me suggests they've talked for a while already, he didn't just introduce himself as a manager and ask him to send ideas.. he's such an idiot for ruining it 

I think they just started talking. And he might asked him if there is competition, if there are other artist or if he is the only one 

18 minutes ago, V.K said:

I loath his attitude ,typical white male Berlin artist (not that the gay ones are coping much better with unearned arrogance there) but he didn't exactly turn her down,he was just stating his way of doing business 

Ok, but what has “white male” have to do with this? Bad attitude is only ascribed to white males? 

52 minutes ago, eroticerotic said:

Guy o has real life connections but sends ig dms? Oh boy.. 

Social media dms are for people with no other means. Or so I thought. 

the artists response was equally weird. His art didn’t  move me. Guess to each his own!

Instagram is still the hottest tool out there. Its not ike he used snapchat 😄

15 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

Ok, but what has “white male” have to do with this? Bad attitude is only ascribed to white males? 

You've heard of white hetero male privilege ,no? If you followed that sort of scene maybe you could understand my point better ,i wasn't very eloquent to be fair to you.I'm also in a barking mood rn :lol:

43 minutes ago, V.K said:

You've heard of white hetero male privilege ,no? If you followed that sort of scene maybe you could understand my point better ,i wasn't very eloquent to be fair to you.I'm also in a barking mood rn :lol:

Unpopular ANYBODY can have a bad attitude,  to attack just one group of people,  straight white males in this case, is wrong.  Madonna wouldnt approve.  LOL

1 hour ago, luluthecat said:

.....well I think his work’s really interesting. I can totally see why she’d like it. 2372B789-519B-4754-B0FA-3197802D51E0.jpeg

.....reminded me of a shoot by Inez & Vinoodh FB115DD0-C2D4-498C-A558-95D89A5F85BA.jpeg

......could totally see M doing something in this vein. It would awesome.

Shame he’s a fucking pretentious tool, who has to show off that they’ve even “turned down Madonna” - cringe. 

i like it too.. very conceptual and not your typical glamour -im pretty art direction. M would have her take on it - 4 sure.  he's good. he's attitude -not so good

22 minutes ago, Samo said:

Unpopular ANYBODY can have a bad attitude,  to attack just one group of people,  straight white males in this case, is wrong.  Madonna wouldnt approve.  LOL

it's a whole art scene in Berlin ,with it's one flavor .And this person didn't fail to mention how much he wants to bang his gf so gimme a break

I somehow get his point, it happens a lot with graphic designers when the client asks them to send examples or sketches of a logo/design so the client can pick/choose if they like it, and they get mad because it shouldn’t be in that way.

He might be a respected artist and he maybe felt invalidated or something when guy asked him to send his thoughts/examples for M to see if she likes them.

It was douchey from him to do this but at least we know that she’s looking to shoot the album cover soon.

His work is atrocious and ridiculous. I wonder what the heck was she thinking. Thats ugly and no, its not Picasso. 

I d prefer Steven and M&M anyway. Tnx God the idiot blew (hopefully) his chances.

With so many borrowing ideas across the creative industries, I can see why he would've opt out of sending GuyO anything. I would do the same honestly. I can see how she may be into his stuff ( I mean, she likes Aldo Diaz so no surprises here!). Him posting the conversation on ig is just to get street cred as a true rather than sold artist, so bullshit on that.

With so many friends in the art world, it is funny how M is still reaching for these douchebag nobodies, really. I mean, what about that photographer in Marrakesh, or Marylin Minter? I am still amazed she hasn't filmed a music video with Klein, who's pretty much been a staple in her life since the RIT. Can't she just skype anyone and then discuss ideas? I really wonder...

1 minute ago, Nikki said:

didn't she fund an exhibition from Cindy Sherman? now that artist can do something interesting. in a way it even reminds me a little of what that guy is doing, only better

Yes ,she did.late 90's ...What Madonna does all these years  is very similar to Sherman actually,inhabiting all these visual personas.I think Sherman only works with herself as model though,no?

10 minutes ago, V.K said:

Yes ,she did.late 90's ...What Madonna does all these years  is very similar to Sherman actually,inhabiting all these visual personas.I think Sherman only works with herself as model though,no?

Yes, Sherman is all self-portraits. Madonna even listed her as inspiration for the Sex book.

Madonna should really hit up Marilyn Minter if she wants to work with a fine artist!

Artists hardly make any money anyway. It again proves how out of touch Madonna and her team are: they think it’s still the 90s or 80s where people would put their blood sweat and tears into sending work unpaid for the “privilege” and then potentially being turned down unpaid or even worse have their ideas “modified” and taken. He would have been a total idiot to do a single minute of work without a contract and explicit payment arrangements.

The only douchey thing he has done is publish that conversation. Otherwise his response is well within his rights. Madonna can afford to build hospitals and do philanthropy as she’s a multi millionaire. The rest of us mere mortals want a contract and money so we can pay the rent.

Just now, Suedey said:

Artists hardly make any money anyway. It again proves how out of touch Madonna and her team are: they think it’s still the 90s or 80s where people would put their blood sweat and tears into sending work unpaid for the “privilege” and then potentially being turned down unpaid or even worse have their ideas “modified” and taken. He would have been a total idiot to do a single minute of work without a contract and explicit payment arrangements.

The only douchey thing he has done is publish that conversation. Otherwise his response is well within his rights. Madonna can afford to build hospitals and do philanthropy as she’s a multi millionaire. The rest of us mere mortals want a contract and money so we can pay the rent.

Madonna should have reached out to him herself, instead of enlisting the "help" of Guy O.

7 minutes ago, Suedey said:

What makes you think that she would have taken and modified his ideas without paying him?

we all can agree that that post wasn't necessary. Keep that private, man. posting a dm makes him look like an attention seeker and rude. Why is he trying to say? he is above her? that's his point?