M14 updates 3

21 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

Love Makes the World Go Around performed at Live Aid 85 sort of reminds me of the early premier of a new song.

That is really, really far fetched..

Well she filmed some videos for MDNA skin back in February and half year later she still not releasing it.

s0Vx5TD.jpgtumblr_pa7yxxuR0Y1u2gzw0o1_500.png28155346_194402874663444_689410220153949

So no wonder why we still don't have any info about the album. 

3 hours ago, rayofgod said:

I think this could be the case too.

I strongly doubt its the lead single - there's no way a label would let so much of the song be premiered in May and it still not be released 4 months later. The fact that she's referenced Beautiful Game a few times makes me think it will have a significant place on the album, maybe as the intro or outro to the album.

I'd love the idea of a concept album that starts with addressing the state of the world/society, possibly political, being a rebel etc, (Beautiful Game) into escapism themes (Confessions style, 'disco god') which also could explain the Starrah connection (escapism can mean light pop music) then into the more introspective/experimental tracks with a spiritual/tribal theme ('Magic', Portugal influence).

Preferably sequenced/blended like Confessions was... all with a visual album too, thanks!

Madonna should go with her instincts and release the songs with the message that she wants to project.  Her singles have been hijacked by the industry since the Music album and it is time for those around her to find a stadium and have all of the seats.  A bold and personal decision beats manufactured, popstar marketing any day of the week.  The formula approach is not working so M should just blow our minds with creativity instead.  #teambeautifulgame

1 hour ago, Royal T said:

Well she filmed some videos for MDNA skin back in February and half year later she still not releasing it.

s0Vx5TD.jpgtumblr_pa7yxxuR0Y1u2gzw0o1_500.png28155346_194402874663444_689410220153949

So no wonder why we still don't have any info about the album. 

Klein still trying to transfer the files from his iPhone but Airdrop seems to not working. 

1 hour ago, sul8323 said:

Madonna should go with her instincts and release the songs with the message that she wants to project.  Her singles have been hijacked by the industry since the Music album.

Huh? You mean like you would've preferred her to release songs like I Love New York & Candy Shop as singles? 

4 hours ago, loowee said:

Huh? You mean like you would've preferred her to release songs like I Love New York & Candy Shop as singles? 

Well... I was thinking more like Gang Bang, Love Spent, I'm a Sinner and Falling Free.... or maybe Like It or Not, isaac, and Let It Will Be... or Rebel Heart, Joan of Arc, Holy Water and Devil Pray.  I am cool with Candy Shop too but imagine Devil Wouldn't Recognize You.... Madonna's recent releases were packed with great material.  

22 hours ago, animalinstinct said:

I honestly think she is gonna “surprise drop” sometime soon.

Surprise drop is cool. But with what to support it.  No video no shoots to tease -   I really doubt it will be a surprise.   

I honestly think that netflixis going to be included in the album release. Maybe a documentación serie with the making of the album. Didnt smb say is going ti be a different kind of release?

44 minutes ago, sul8323 said:

Well... I was thinking more like Gang Bang, Love Spent, I'm a Sinner and Falling Free.... or maybe Like It or Not, isaac, and Let It Will Be... or Rebel Heart, Joan of Arc, Holy Water and Devil Pray.  I am cool with Candy Shop too but imagine Devil Wouldn't Recognize You.... Madonna's recent releases were packed with great material.  

Gang Bang is way to aggressive. Love Spent has terrible vocal editing. I’m a Sinner is pretty much a bad copy of Amazing and Beautuful Stranger. Falling Free would have been unique but it’s too boring for a single. I agree about the rest, especially Devil Wouldn’t Recognize You and Devil Pray. Missed opportunities. I also think Hold Tight would have been a very radio friendly single!! 

51 minutes ago, jusdoid said:

Surprise drop is cool. But with what to support it.  No video no shoots to tease -   I really doubt it will be a surprise.   

She has uploaded some images onto Instagram to suggest that she’s been involved in shoots though, the Steven Klein ones spring to mind where she recited some poem and the one with the terrible wig.

The way people access music has changed a lot, so she could get away with a surprise drop with her name alone, as people are always curious to hear a new Madonna album.

It would make sense to drop the video for the lead single on the same day as the album though. Who knows, she may even have some high entries on the singles chart that way too. 

23 hours ago, animalinstinct said:

I honestly think she is gonna “surprise drop” sometime soon.

With that you need a real team, like Beyoncé’s. But with Madonna’s? 😂😂 

1 hour ago, animalinstinct said:

She has uploaded some images onto Instagram to suggest that she’s been involved in shoots though, the Steven Klein ones spring to mind where she recited some poem and the one with the terrible wig.

The way people access music has changed a lot, so she could get away with a surprise drop with her name alone, as people are always curious to hear a new Madonna album.

It would make sense to drop the video for the lead single on the same day as the album though. Who knows, she may even have some high entries on the singles chart that way too. 

Those videos are for MDNA Skin. 

Besides ageism in radio..at the moment radio in big markets is hip hop heavy..very few dance or pop songs are soaring on the charts or radio.  In addition she needs to be mindful that if she releases an adult contemporary type lead single payola will be the only way as stations like LiteFm(clear channel) become all holiday stations through Xmas resulting in lost airplay. 

the question is ... is America ready for a new sound of music ?

Radios are so important nowadays more than in the 80's or 90's.

And Madonna said she is going to break the pattern in terms of music, but how will she make her new sound played on the radio ?  because if the songs are not in a certain format, radios won't be playing it .... 

i don't know how she will do, without the help of rappers, hip-hop dudes, huge social media fanbase (twitter, insta, etc) etc...

Then again, Xtina had some rappers and current producers and was still a flop... so it doesn't necessarily assure to be played on the radio... 

I guess as long as the song is catchy and current....

3 minutes ago, Golechunkymonkey said:

And Madonna said she is going to break the pattern in terms of music, but how will she make her new sound played on the radio ?  because if the songs are not in a certain format, radios won't be playing it .... 

i don't know how she will do, without the help of rappers, hip-hop dudes, huge social media fanbase (twitter, insta, etc) etc...

Then again, Xtina had some rappers and current producers and was still a flop... so it doesn't necessarily assure to be played on the radio... 

76FF2769-7E7B-4C61-A622-B8A0746A3695.gif

Its kind of infuriating to see Mariah announce a song release tomorrow. I know Mimi likes to throw a thousand singles out and see what sticks (non do) but its kind of disheartening.  Especially because Mims was seen in the studio late last months and Madonna hasnt been since July (that we know of).     

20 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Its kind of infuriating to see Mariah announce a song release tomorrow. I know Mimi likes to throw a thousand singles out and see what sticks (non do) but its kind of disheartening.  Especially because Mims was seen in the studio late last months and Madonna hasnt been since July (that we know of).     

and if it doesn't wrok she will say it's only for the fans and a buzz single :))

Apparently she has 2 songs and 2 videos done. So she's trying GTFO but she has another one which is rumoured to be a ballad. In fact she's doing teh same thing as It's Like That/ WBTogether... but for GTFO she has plenty of hip hop rap producers and co writers to back her with the sound 

15 minutes ago, Golechunkymonkey said:

and if it doesn't wrok she will say it's only for the fans and a buzz single :))

Apparently she has 2 songs and 2 videos done. So she's trying GTFO but she has another one which is rumoured to be a ballad. In fact she's doing teh same thing as It's Like That/ WBTogether... but for GTFO she has plenty of hip hop rap producers and co writers to back her with the sound 

She always does the same formula since 2005 and it hasnt worked once. 

Its just frusturating as a Madonna fan whos been waiting for 3.5 years. Although i rather Madonna take her time and not release throwaway singles like Mariah.

but wait, i'm afraid, you guys acting like she recently said she will not release any song or album before end of 2018 ?

Last i heard she said in an interview that her new album will break the pattern, i don't think she would say this if the album was not finished 70% 

This is just early september,

imagine: 

october + november: mixing album

release single: november

album released december

it's doable no ?

1 hour ago, Golechunkymonkey said:

How exactly is radio more important than in the 80s and 90s? Its all about streaming nowadays.

3 minutes ago, Plaything said:

How exactly is radio more important than in the 80s and 90s? Its all about streaming nowadays.

I thought that To be played and requested on radio stations had a huge impact on "sales" numbers nowadays ?No? As well as spotify iTunes and youtube 

2 minutes ago, Golechunkymonkey said:

I thought that To be played and requested on radio stations had a huge impact on "sales" numbers nowadays ?No? As well as spotify iTunes and youtube 

Sales numbers are becoming more and more irrelevant for everyone unless you're called Adele or Taylor Swift. 

6 minutes ago, Plaything said:

Sales numbers are becoming more and more irrelevant for everyone unless you're called Adele or Taylor Swift. 

Maybe but it has an impact on the ranking on the hot 100 billboard chart