Billboard: 5 Things We Want From Madonna's Next Album

32 minutes ago, jusdoid said:

7, 12, 5.  whats the difference. LOL

A lot...  saying only 7 songs means the albums not good.  Which is a lie. 

The problem with Madonna is that all her albums are different so youll have people who like one album but others that hate it. So it really makes no sense to debate her last "great" album because its all just opinions.

I don't know why some people are complaining about this article, it is a positive one and echos alot of what has been said about her last 3 albums here on this forum. I do think RH had more than 7 good songs on it of course, but the article is still mostly spot on.

6 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

I don't know why some people are complaining about this article, it is a positive one and echos alot of what has been said about her last 3 albums here on this forum. I do think RH had more than 7 good songs on it of course, but the article is still mostly spot on.

yes! RH era was one of my favorite eras.

Guest jamesshot

Great, positive article and finally giving her voice the recognition it hasn't had since Evita/Ray Of Light. 

No way this was payola as her PR team is not that sophisticated.

the only thing that worries me is that Madonna "will" see or hear about this and take the 'fuck off' attitude about it and purposely do everyone of those things (even if she hadn't plan too) to prove she's Madonna!

2 hours ago, jamesshot said:

Great, positive article and finally giving her voice the recognition it hasn't had since Evita/Ray Of Light. 

No way this was payola as her PR team is not that sophisticated.

u never know.....could be a small dose of the PR machine working

I thihk 11-13 songs would've made RH a fantastic album. And I agree with the article overall, as it is pretty much what has been discussed to death in this forum since she started posting studio pictures on instagram.

5 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

A lot...  saying only 7 songs means the albums not good.  Which is a lie. 

The problem with Madonna is that all her albums are different so youll have people who like one album but others that hate it. So it really makes no sense to debate her last "great" album because its all just opinions.

This.... Amen...

1 hour ago, Aries said:

the only thing that worries me is that Madonna "will" see or hear about this and take the 'fuck off' attitude about it and purposely do everyone of those things (even if she hadn't plan too) to prove she's Madonna!

Eh, if she takes the contrarian route (because 'Bitch she's Madonna' ), then she will be her own saboteur and further cement the image that she's out of touch. And honestly, no one will pay much attention no matter how bad (or internet-breaking) the publicity will be for a limited time. I think it's unlikely she'll do that this time, but who knows.

Anyway I think the article was mostly spot-on and it was a nice write-up of why her pop work through 2005 is untouchable, and why they want her to win. It's all up to her.

13 hours ago, FreeMySoul said:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/8472699/madonna-new-album-five-suggestions

One of Madonna’s impressive feats is that for the first 25 years of her career, she largely managed to avoid recording a duet with another artist.

Huh...? 😳  What about "Love Song" (with Prince) and "Cuidado con mi corazón" (with Ricky Martin)? 

8 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

Probably they meant vocoder level of: NKM, NRM or DAD.

Yeah I know, I was just looking for a reason to criticise billboard because they are awful. What is NRM? Nothing Really Matters has no vocoder? 

12 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I Loved Rebel Heart so don't remotely agree with the view of it having only  7 worthy songs.  

Absolutely. RH is amazing.

I understand the other points of the article.

49 minutes ago, Danny Bubbles said:

Its a good thing as Guy and management team etc will see this. She needs to make upbeat, happy pop music and she'll be a relevant contemporary pop artist again. It really is as simple as that.

Much of Madonna's greatest work has been slightly dark or contained a sense of heightened drama.  Making upbeat, happy music is just one part of what she has done.  She is multi faceted and shouldn't make only one sort of music to try to get a hit.

14 hours ago, runa said:
14 hours ago, jusdoid said:

7, 12, 5.  whats the difference. LOL

I don't know. Do you?

Overall, not a bad article from BB (though the RH song amount I also don't agree with).

Rue, I think I know the answer.....5 + 7 = 12!!!  

3 hours ago, Danny Bubbles said:

She needs to make upbeat, happy pop music and she'll be a relevant contemporary pop artist again. It really is as simple as that.

You mean upbeat happy songs like the worldwide smash Give Me All Your Luvin or career-highlight Turn Up The Radio?

25 minutes ago, Plaything said:

You mean upbeat happy songs like the worldwide smash Give Me All Your Luvin or career-highlight Turn Up The Radio?

Lol ☺

6 hours ago, todsmod said:

Overall, not a bad article from BB (though the RH song amount I also don't agree with).

Rue, I think I know the answer.....5 + 7 = 12!!!  

Or 12 - 5 = 7 !!! 

feat-personality-7.jpg

i bet Madonna is not too fond of the RH album /era  much like she threw BS under the bus discussing ROL with rupert . 

her comments about songwriting camps, bitching about diplo being A.D.D. , kayne's mark on just a few tracks (which made them worse)

she was obviously frustrated dealing with and making that album. but that is the past and I think we are all in for a nice treat. 

On 8/30/2018 at 7:43 AM, StrikeItUp said:

Eh, if she takes the contrarian route (because 'Bitch she's Madonna' ), then she will be her own saboteur and further cement the image that she's out of touch. And honestly, no one will pay much attention no matter how bad (or internet-breaking) the publicity will be for a limited time. I think it's unlikely she'll do that this time, but who knows.

Anyway I think the article was mostly spot-on and it was a nice write-up of why her pop work through 2005 is untouchable, and why they want her to win. It's all up to her.

do they remember how AL was bashed? and now its untouchable? gimme a break.

On 8/30/2018 at 1:49 AM, Plaything said:

Yeah I know, I was just looking for a reason to criticise billboard because they are awful. What is NRM? Nothing Really Matters has no vocoder? 

Wondering the same. WTF is NRM?