MADONNA's EPIC NEW ALBUM discussion thread

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Y'all know that M reads this forum...

Maybe she or people in her inner circle do it. But should that be a reason to pretend submissive love, harmony and say what she wants to hear? Madonna is surrounded my yea-sayers and bootlickers. Should we keep them company or be honest and give a constructive impetus?

Guys, what are you all on about? If she went for Q4, most likely the album will drop late october or early november (closer to christmas). And for instance, in case of confessions the album was released in november and Hung up dropped on October 17th. We have a long way to go before we call 2018 off. And obviously after the rebel heart trauma her team is deliberately silent. And it seems to work. And i'm personally happy about it. So calm your tits. 

IF they're going a traditional route, I'd expect about a 2 month gap between official press release and release date (Hard Candy and MDNA) so if we've heard nothing by end of September I'd wager a Q1 2019 release. Then there was COAD which they announced in August. a whole 3 months before it's release date. 6 months isn't really a big deal in the scheme of things.

I get the whole being wary because of RH stuff, but there's a fine line between that and not having any buzz at all.

1 hour ago, vesper_wolf said:

Guys, what are you all on about? If she went for Q4, most likely the album will drop late october or early november (closer to christmas). And for instance, in case of confessions the album was released in november and Hung up dropped on October 17th. We have a long way to go before we call 2018 off. And obviously after the rebel heart trauma her team is deliberately silent. And it seems to work. And i'm personally happy about it. So calm your tits. 

I agree with this. It’s still only August, I don’t know why suddenly everyone is acting so desperate right now. 

1 hour ago, Kim said:

IF they're going a traditional route, I'd expect about a 2 month gap between official press release and release date (Hard Candy and MDNA) so if we've heard nothing by end of September I'd wager a Q1 2019 release. Then there was COAD which they announced in August. a whole 3 months before it's release date. 6 months isn't really a big deal in the scheme of things.

I get the whole being wary because of RH stuff, but there's a fine line between that and not having any buzz at all.

Yeah, but what do you consider an official press release? Maybe my memory is wrong, but i remember in august 2005 she did confirm an album dropping later in the year, but at that point we still only knew that she's working with Price and we were calling the album Defying gravity. If i recall correctly they announced the name of the record, tentative date and single only in September. And even then we got nothing before Hung up was actually released, a month before the album, if you skip motorola advert. I mean... And that was then, when there was no paranoia over leaks. For all i know previous records had no more official statements than this one, they just had way more speculations and inside rumor info. 

This time around a tentative name of the album and the first single was circulating for months now. We have a line of confirmed collaborators. She performed a hint of a song months in advance, probably to keep us tame. And the release was practically confirmed in vogue. What more do you guys need? Leaks? Same ones that everyone claims to dread? 😄

She won't sit on the record for too long after RH. Magic is still right on time, just successfully avoided rumors that lead to leaks what was simply not our experience in 13 years. 

1 hour ago, vesper_wolf said:

Yeah, but what do you consider an official press release? Maybe my memory is wrong, but i remember in august 2005 she did confirm an album dropping later in the year, but at that point we still only knew that she's working with Price and we were calling the album Defying gravity. If i recall correctly they announced the name of the record, tentative date and single only in September. And even then we got nothing before Hung up was actually released, a month before the album, if you skip motorola advert. I mean... And that was then, when there was no paranoia over leaks. For all i know previous records had no more official statements than this one, they just had way more speculations and inside rumor info. 

This time around a tentative name of the album and the first single was circulating for months now. We have a line of confirmed collaborators. She performed a hint of a song months in advance, probably to keep us tame. And the release was practically confirmed in vogue. What more do you guys need? Leaks? Same ones that everyone claims to dread? 😄

She won't sit on the record for too long after RH. Magic is still right on time, just successfully avoided rumors that lead to leaks what was simply not our experience in 13 years. 

Well, I consider an official press release an...er..official press release - from her record company, as has been the way for since...forever.

And yes, your memory is wrong.

4th Aug -  Madonna.com  - A few weeks ago Madonna.com reported that HUNG UP is going to be the first single off the new album. We are now happy to tell you that HUNG UP will debut at radio on October 17th! We are also pleased to announce the release date for Madonna's new all dance album CONFESSIONS ON A DANCEFLOOR. Madonna fans all over the world can rejoice, because the album release date is currently scheduled for November 15, 2005! Put your dancing shoes on and.. etc etc

29th Aug - Official press release - "I want people to jump out of their seats".  - Confessions On A Dance Floor. The 12 delicious tunes of pure 'unapologetic dance music' including the single Hung Up (out Oct.17th) is scheduled to be released on November 15th on Warner Bros. Records. This time out, the original Queen of Dance Music returns to where she began etc etc....

30th Aug - Madonna.com (with ticking sound from Hung Up) -

confessions.jpg

As for what we have now?... Mirwais, a possible song title and a hashtag: #magic.

And no one needs or is complaining about anything.  We're having a discussion about something we know nothing about, so it's always going to be conjecture.

31 minutes ago, Kim said:

Well, I consider an official press release an...er..official press release. From her record company, as has been the way for since...forever.

29th Aug -

"I want people to jump out of their seats".  - Confessions On A Dance Floor. The 12 delicious tunes of pure 'unapologetic dance music' including the single Hung Up (out Oct.17th) is scheduled to be released on November 15th on Warner Bros. Records. This time out, the original Queen of Dance Music returns to where she began etc etc....

30th Aug -

Madonna.com (with ticking sound from Hung Up)

confessions.jpg

As for what we have now?... Mirwais and a hashtag: #magic.

And no one needs or is complaining about anything.  We're having a discussion about something we know nothing about, so it's always going to be conjecture.

Hehe ok, that's why i remembered it as September because these are basically last days of august. Thanks for bringing it up 🙂 So still, i see nothing wrong with this album's build-up, or any reason to write off 2018 release. God i really pray it stays this way and i get to hear the record as she intended as a full on surprise 🙂

Just now, vesper_wolf said:

Hehe ok, that's why i remembered it as September because these are basically last days of august. Thanks for bringing it up 🙂 So still, i see nothing wrong with this album's build-up, or any reason to write off 2018 release. God i really pray it stays this way and i get to hear the record as she intended as a full on surprise 🙂

Well I actually edited my post while you were replying to include the fact that Madonna.com confirmed the names and release dates at the beginning of August even before the press release BUT I do realise this was a different time when Madonna actually had a team behind her and wasn't running everything out of her own bathroom :nocomment:

Anyway, I guess we'll just have to wait and see 🙂

1 minute ago, badboydrunkby6 said:

has M delayed an album before? if anything they have been pushed up. I trust we will get new music 2019 even if that shit is leaked

ROL

56 minutes ago, Kim said:

Well, I consider an official press release an...er..official press release - from her record company, as has been the way for since...forever.

4th Aug -  Madonna.com  - A few weeks ago Madonna.com reported that HUNG UP is going to be the first single off the new album. We are now happy to tell you that HUNG UP will debut at radio on October 17th! We are also pleased to announce the release date for Madonna's new all dance album CONFESSIONS ON A DANCEFLOOR. Madonna fans all over the world can rejoice, because the album release date is currently scheduled for November 15, 2005! Put your dancing shoes on and.. etc etc

29th Aug - Official press release - "I want people to jump out of their seats".  - Confessions On A Dance Floor. The 12 delicious tunes of pure 'unapologetic dance music' including the single Hung Up (out Oct.17th) is scheduled to be released on November 15th on Warner Bros. Records. This time out, the original Queen of Dance Music returns to where she began etc etc....

30th Aug - Madonna.com (with ticking sound from Hung Up) -

confessions.jpg

As for what we have now?... Mirwais, a possible song title and a hashtag: #magic.

well... following this schedule, she is indeed late for a 2018 release. Unfortunately.

Our only hope is things have changed since 2005 and we might still have a little chance. I still cross my fingers.

Things have changed a lot... Today people have such short memory span and are fed with such tons of info that nowadays we use terms like "that's so last week". I believe if they announced a november or even an October release in august GP would've forgotten it by now. And let's be real, GP would also hardly sit at a clock ticking for three months anticipating new madonna record... Her fans on the other hand are  fully aware of an album coming any time now. Get ready for surprise. Bookmark me if you will. 

Have people read the Genesis timeslines of her previous albums on this forum? With the exception of MDNA and BS all of her albums since the 90s took more or less one year from early inception to proper release. 

We know she went into the studio in January for a day or so. Things didn’t really pick up until March. So unless she was secretive and has been working on this new album since last year, chances are she is exactly now where she was with RH three years ago, meaning hello first quarter release. 

Why the drama?

1 hour ago, badboydrunkby6 said:

has M delayed an album before? if anything they have been pushed up. I trust we will get new music 2019 even if that shit is leaked

Ray Of Light

American Life

Rebel Heart (and no I don't mean the rush release because of the leaks, I mean the whole rejigging of the gig earlier on before the leaks..)

14 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

#timetowork

If her next post is some studio thing then say goodbye to any dream of an album being released this year. She's not coming she's not coming she's not coming. 

It seems today when most albums get announced, the lead single is dropped with the announcement. What would they gain announcing the album release dates with nothing to show in this short attention span day & age?