Madonna has monologue in new Ariana Grande video

Ariana Grande Posts Cryptic Thank You Note to Madonna & Fans Have Theories

It looks like Ariana Grande might have had some tears left to cry during this special moment. 

Grande posted a picture Wednesday (July 11) with Madonna, someone Grande has consistently cited as an inspiration and mentor. The caption on the photo read "thank you @madonna... u know why," with a heart emoji and an emoji of the Golden Gate Bridge -- an emoji Grande has used often when posting about her new music. This is not the first time the two hitmakers have met, as Grande joined Madonna onstage in Miami during her Rebel Heart Tour and also performed at Madonna's 2016 charity event at Art Basel in Miami. 

The picture excited Grande's fans and also sparked curiosity as to why the picture was posted now, and whether the pic is from a prior event or was taken recently. Grande has been finishing up her upcoming studio album Sweetener (due Aug. 17), and fans were quick to hope and wish -- just like a prayer -- that a Madonna collaboration will be on the album. 

Check out the tweet from Grande below, including some fans who broke free and unleashed their excitement about the picture. 

Billboard

My hunch is a collaboration or a sample of one of M's songs.

people are saying that she sampled Like A Prayer. Or maybe Madonna did some backing vocals or an iconic intro like Girl Gone Wild?

Ariana Grande surprised fans on Instagram by stating that her new single "God Is A Woman" will be out tomorrow. Earlier this morning she posted a pic of her with madonna thanking M and used a golden gate bridge emoji (an emoji that she has used whenever posting about her new album "sweetner"). Before posting the pic with M she discussed God Is A Woman 

A possible collab? Sample of M's song? We'll find out tomorrow!

4 hours ago, Ugly Hecty said:

My hunch is a collaboration or a sample of one of M's songs.

I really hope is a collaboration!! Their voices go well together.

42 minutes ago, CalinB said:

I really hope is a collaboration!! Their voices go well together.

it doesn't have the "ft Madonna" on the title. So it can be just a sample. I think Ariana was referencing to something else...maybe a gift. Nothing music related. We'll find out

11 minutes ago, karbatal said:

This shapes up as a duets album...

The storm is coming :lol:

You might be right. I hope it is all true! I would love some duets with ladies (some empowering songs)!!! So far rumors have Miley Cyrus, Nicki Minaj, Cardi B and now Ariana Grade (love her!)!!!! Assuming Migos and Drake will join the producers list along with Mirwais, Starrah, Billboard, and Diplo.

Hope Katy Perry and Lady Gaga make an appearance as well.

Both Miley Cyrus and Lady Gaga are recording at this time as well. Would love to hear M being featured on their albums as well. :)

18 minutes ago, caba1 said:

it doesn't have the "ft Madonna" on the title. So it can be just a sample. I think Ariana was referencing to something else...maybe a gift. Nothing music related. We'll find out

You might be right. But there is still hope,  I think. Are the names of each track on her album public yet? I can't find it. It might be a reference about a different track on the album.

Confirmed tracks

Perhaps it's that Borderline track that samples Borderline?

This is probably as real as the supposed collaboration with Nicki Minaj which is still not confirmed after months of speculation. As others write, she probably thanks her for a word or a gift about her engagement.

2 hours ago, dubtronic said:

Confirmed tracks

Perhaps it's that Borderline track that samples Borderline?

She could be covering Borderline. 

if it's about the sample, and the song will be a hit, then it's good for M.

For younger generation this will confirm M's legend status once again. I hate to say this though.. but while Oseary is doing nothing, this kind of 'promo' could possibly work.

According to Billboard, today Ariana confirmed that "God is a Woman" is her next single to be released tomorrow and it features a "surprise".  Wouldn't it kind of make sense to have a Madonna collab or sample on it?  I mean she's all about female empowerment and a huge inspiration to so many of the young female singers out there.  Or is this way too logical?

Between the MDNA skincare, the #soon that turned into #forever, and the non Nikki Minaj duet, I'm just gonna keep my expectations as low as possible so I'm not disappointed again. 

But I'm REALLY hoping it's something..... anything. This Madonna drought has gone on for far too long. 

3 hours ago, Morevi said:

if it's about the sample, and the song will be a hit, then it's good for M.

For younger generation this will confirm M's legend status once again. I hate to say this though.. but while Oseary is doing nothing, this kind of 'promo' could possibly work.

This is not true. He is taking care of his Investments in Über and AirBnB. This is sharing economy, it's more important than Madonna. Sharing is caring. (Where do I find a sarcasm Emoji, for f*cks sake?)