M14 updates 2

20 hours ago, mtzlplk said:

HARD CANDY / MDNA / REBEL HEART unworthy? you're on drugs.... REBEL HEART is a masterpiece as well as HARD CANDY... the only "slight" let down is MDNA

mdna had some truly incredible songs and music she never did before

1 hour ago, Suedey said:

Let's face it, Madonna: The Fado Album / Portuguese Life will outsell True Blue, Like A Virgin and The Immaculate Collection.

it will be sold out on iTunes

and hit no. 64 in Word Fado chart

5 hours ago, rebelheart said:

Probably the American Music Awards in October, then EMA's in November!

That would be fantastic.

I hope she is the opening performer again for the EMAs after her last iconic appearance there in 2005 with Hung Up.

1 hour ago, loowee said:

Have we figured out why she's been in NYC? 

Now we know the album is out this year it has to be for the album, surly?

Still the artwork to be shot so could it be that?

6 hours ago, Runaway Lover said:

I understand it doesn't pay to invest into singles nowadays, but the Rebel Heart covers are her worst ever. I really hope this improves with the new album. It would be nice to use the Portuguese images.

Kinda off-topic, but Madonna's image is the most recent add to a popular promo that mixs Portuguese-ish icons with sardines' silhouettes. Here she is with a Pastel De Nata (our most popular delicacy); the Coração De Viana (the golden heart necklace) and the Azulejos (Portuguese' blue tiles):

2018-07-18-AnaGomes_Madonna_Sardinha.jpg

This promo is pretty cool, actually. People can buy the 'sardines' to decorate their home, as a gift, etc, and there are new ones every year:

Bang-Bang-Bordallo-sardinhas-3.jpg
sardinha-title.jpg

1 hour ago, Confessit said:

Now we know the album is out this year it has to be for the album, surly?

Still the artwork to be shot so could it be that?

She’s been strangely quiet on insta...

4 hours ago, dollhouse said:

mdna had some truly incredible songs and music she never did before

mdna was an interesting album: 1/2 incredible songs, 1/2 terrible songs. Interestingly Mdna has one of her most beautiful songs like love spent, I m addicted, beautiful killer and arguably ggw:). It however had quite a few stinkers like Superstar which maybe explains how divided everyone is on that album. I really adore half of it.

Guest eroticerotic

what I admire most about the Bedtime Stories era was that, she literally could have gone the other path. It could have been badd. But she came back stronger. I'll Remember, Secret, and Take A Bow were a perfect trifecta after all the backlash. Three of her most beloved tracks. I think thats why I have such an admiration for the album and era. At the time I don't think I knew of anyone around me or in entertainment who triumphed over adversity like that; as a teenager hating the world, she showed me that you don't have to be self destructive in life. 

1 hour ago, Rock said:

Kinda off-topic, but Madonna's image is the most recent add to a popular promo that mixs Portuguese-ish icons with sardines' silhouettes. Here she is with a Pastel De Nata (our most popular delicacy); the Coração De Viana (the golden heart necklace) and the Azulejos (Portuguese' blue tiles):

2018-07-18-AnaGomes_Madonna_Sardinha.jpg

This promo is pretty cool, actually. People can buy the 'sardines' to decorate their home, as a gift, etc, and there are new ones every year:

Bang-Bang-Bordallo-sardinhas-3.jpg
sardinha-title.jpg

I hope you bought the Madonna silhouette. It'll probably be collectible.

29 minutes ago, eroticerotic said:

what I admire most about the Bedtime Stories era was that, she literally could have gone the other path. It could have been badd. But she came back stronger. I'll Remember, Secret, and Take A Bow were a perfect trifecta after all the backlash. Three of her most beloved tracks. I think thats why I have such an admiration for the album and era. At the time I don't think I knew of anyone around me or in entertainment who triumphed over adversity like that; as a teenager hating the world, she showed me that you don't have to be self destructive in life. 

I'll Remember, Secret, and Take A Bow are not 3 of her most beloved tracks. 

Guest eroticerotic
4 minutes ago, Sloane said:

kinda pretty sure they are up there. 

2 hours ago, eroticerotic said:

Dont hate me but BS wasn't stronger. I really like that album now and TAB was a huge hit and Secret is a lovely son but it wasn't in the same league as everything up to Justify My love. I love all her work and theres something interesting in all of them but that first phase was the Imperial mega hit phase. Hoping she will do something unique with this next one, an album that sounds like it comes from her heart and soul rather than Guy Oseary's spreadsheets!

6 hours ago, Suedey said:

OMG will this potentially be her first appearance on the World Music Chart? !

yes her virginity will be lost and Nana Moiskouri is shaking

1 minute ago, Danny Bubbles said:

Dont hate me but BS wasn't stronger. I really like that album now and TAB was a huge hit and Secret is a lovely son but it wasn't in the same league as everything up to Justify My love. I love all her work and theres something interesting in all of them but that first phase was the Imperial mega hit phase. Hoping she will do something unique with this next one, an album that sounds like it comes from her heart and soul rather than Guy Oseary's spreadsheets!

BS is a better album than anything in the 80's.

Guest eroticerotic
15 minutes ago, Danny Bubbles said:

lol pa, I m not a hater. 🙂 

What I mean by stronger/strength, is in her demeanor and also, at the time, it was a solid effort. Of course, compared to the Likes of Erotica it is not as strong. How she overcame the backlash with beautiful ballads and a refreshing persona of strength really resonated with me. Still does actually.

Well, they do play a lot of Secret and Take a Bow in stores like Bed Bath and Beyond and sometimes at the mall. I️ hear Lucky Star at grocery stores often as well. Ghosttown is played at lot at iHop and Living For Love at Best Buy. 

5 hours ago, Sloane said:

The bi-monthly I’ll Remember appreciation thread would beg to differ.

On 8/3/2018 at 5:05 PM, Golechunkymonkey said:

this interview sounds very (!!) promising because : 

- she must be proud of it to allow herself to talk about her music that way
- Madonna is no liar and she never overhypes her material (unlike some other reductive wannabe)

I think this new album will mark a new departure: BYE BYE" the hard candy/Rebel Heart/mdna...." 10 years of unworthy of Madonna music. 

I hope she comes back with something more organic and raw !! 

And also, i just hope her voice gets a little bit lower. As she ages, her voice tends to become very high as if mixed with helium...

i would love her to sing with a deeper raw voice: 

i'v always loved Madonna's raw deep voice

Actually her voice is getting deeper and she is having trouble with the intonation, all her last live performances show that. I think it would help her a lot if she did some coaching in order to learn how to use her voice after this changes

Edited by Geiger83
ortography mistaken