M14 updates 2

2 hours ago, Sparks said:

oh really? just because I don't like everything that madonna does¿

No you sound ridiculous because you haven’t heard anything. You have NO IDEA what the influence from Lisbon could mean and how she will incorporate it utilizing Mirwais or whoever else she’s working with and making it her own. None of us HAVE ANY FUCKING IDEA. So it’s just so absurd to start judging it. And I’m saying that as someone who did this before for other albums and I’m just like, “that’s it. Stop. You sound stupid. Wait till something comes out before you form an opinion.” 

1 hour ago, Nikki said:

it's cool/futuristic and experimental.

I really like this one!!! From that studio clip that was filtered though I heard more strings (a la confessions) than guitars (a la AL)? And she did call him the disco god or something so I really have no idea what the album could possibly sound like. Ahhhhh I'm so excited though. I know it will slay!

3 hours ago, Sparks said:

This is the beggining of the end, i mean... portuguese music? fados? that music is sooo boring, if she want to put us to sleep.....I'm really disappointed after 3 years of waiting. I really hope she flop so hard. BTW is funny that she criticize the music business right now when is the way she's  been working the last 10 years... I don't undertand this woman sometimes...

i hope you choke on your lonely miserable non gluten cereals and die. BTW it’s funny that you’re criticizing something you know shit about. classic asshole. 

2 hours ago, Sparks said:

oh really? just because I don't like everything that madonna does¿

not because of that. i don’t like everything she did and does, but i respect her and hope and believe she WILL deliver. so i don’t walk around and talk shit about sth i don’t have a clue. guess that’s the difference between us 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Isaac

5 minutes ago, Isaac said:

i hope you choke on your lonely miserable non gluten cereals and die. BTW it’s funny that you’re criticizing something you know shit about. classic asshole. 

not because of that. i don’t like everything she did and does, but i respect her and hope and believe she WILL deliver. so i don’t walk around and talk shit about sth i don’t have a clue. guess that’s the difference between us 🤷🏻‍♂️

Don't pay him any attention... best thing to do with trolls like this 

I’m thrilled about this new album!! It sounds like it’s going to be something very different from what she’s ever done, and I’m super excited for fado and African drums influences. With that being said, I️ expect it to be modernized with Mirwais new sound. The Queen of pop is taking us to the otherworldly dimentions with her new music and my gay butt can’t wait to sing along and dance till the dawn!! 🙌💃🏻🕺🌺🌺🌺😍😍😍🕊🕊🕊😁😁😁🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼👌✨✨ 

Wow!! It sounds like this is going to be madonna’s Graceland! I’m pumped. Right now I’m thinking some fado guitars with cool electronic noises, keyboard and strings and a really inspired madonna singing like never before... oh man...

3 hours ago, Dany Targaryen said:

I think everything has to come out at the same time. It's her best chance.

Whenever Madonna does anything like that people pay attention. Just look at her Super Bowl ratings. People still want to know.

If she comes out with the song, the video and the promo pictures, everything all at the same time for a single. Is the best way to go for her. Good luck Madonna!

This is a good and pure post. And I agree- Maximum Madge Impact: video, song, visuals together at once- will have everyone talking and listening. Good luck indeed!

All those descriptions sounds like if her  Wanderlust/Familia is coming. Pop music with some etnical touches

Young Blood is an AMAZING song

19 hours ago, robster said:

If she's shooting it this week in NYC, and with Mert announcing on social that he is on Holiday, then who do we think will be doing the album artwork? Are we still going by that original rumor that was floating around that said that Meisel might be doing it, or will it be Klein, or someone else completely?!

Meisel, was just fans wishful thinking - something he had said on an old image on an unofficial insta post.  She could likely work with Luigianddiango - with Klein it would really have to do with the concept of her album, he has a particular look.   I would think it needs to be shot like this month- ASAP!

2 minutes ago, jusdoid said:

Meisel, was just fans wishful thinking - something he had said on an old image on an unofficial insta post.  She could likely work with Luigianddiango - with Klein it would really have to do with the concept of her album, he has a particular look.   I would think it needs to be shot like this month- ASAP!

Its said that Meisel doesnt really shoot his own stuff anymore and their last collaboration LV 2009 was one of the worst shoots ever. I dont think they have anything more to offer together.

i wish she would try someone new tough, i think Luigi and Diango are the most likely candidate 

1 hour ago, Starman said:

Its said that Meisel doesnt really shoot his own stuff anymore and their last collaboration LV 2009 was one of the worst shoots ever. I dont think they have anything more to offer together.

i wish she would try someone new tough, i think Luigi and Diango are the most likely candidate 

i agree... Meisel is done thing.

9 hours ago, Sparks said:

This is the beggining of the end, i mean... portuguese music? fados? that music is sooo boring, if she want to put us to sleep.....I'm really disappointed after 3 years of waiting. I really hope she flop so hard. BTW is funny that she criticize the music business right now when is the way she's  been working the last 10 years... I don't undertand this woman sometimes...

lol ... I can not beleive what I read here. You sound so childish and fake, you must be a trol. No doubt about that. This sound so fake. 😂🤣😅😂

Who would want Madonna to flop so hard ? ... Not a true loyal fan. Even when I don't like what she does, and it happend sometimes, I would never wish something like that. You wish something like that to a bad person.

Why are you so full of hate ? Please, tell us.

I don't think she will shoot the artwork now till after her Bday as her creative team - Klein, Mert Alas, Giovanni Bianco etc all seem to be in holiday mode & not in NYC with her...

IF the album is coming out this year they should have already shot the artwork.. 

I mean Cat Power and JOhn Grant's albums are coming out in Oct and we already have artworks, tracklists and singles?!!?!?!? 

EDIT 

1 hour ago, tuckeye said:

as the new song and album approach the forum will get more trolls to plant lies and bullshit. yawn.

A side from the trolls, it is exciting when the new era approaches and the forum gets busy again.

8 hours ago, Maleficent said:

Don't pay him any attention... best thing to do with trolls like this 

i just needed to yell at someone. tough day 🤘🏻

thank you, maleficent 😘

1 hour ago, Suedey said:

They really should announce something official soon. Momentum is building. What the f is her management doing?! 

I feel like she might surprise release it, not that I want her to cause that's already been exhausted by Beyonce and it's a formula that already doesn't really work anymore.

For all we know the album artwork could already be done... or at least the photography.

The first music video could be done too.

Obviously after the last album the security and secrecy has been stepped up this time.

11 hours ago, Nikki said:

it's cool/futuristic and experimental.

The first song exists also as a demo called "Keep the Trance" with Madonna

19 hours ago, Andra said:

Madonna: My album will break the pattern thanks to Lisbon’s music scene

Madonna explains why her new album will be out of the box thanks to Lisbon‘s music scene. And we cannot help from being excited!

Talking with Vogue Italia for their exclusive August issue, Madonna reveals that, not only Lisbon was a rich palette for her to paint with on her upcoming album, but it was also and most of all “a nice antidote to what’s going on in the music business now where everything’s so formulaic, and every song has 20 guest artists on it, and everyone sounds the same.”

“I’ve just met lots of really amazing musicians, and I’ve ended up working with a lot of these musicians on my new record,” says Madonna.

Lisbon has influenced my music and my work.

Then Madonna explained why Lisbon‘s music scene is so different and unique.

“In Alfama, you’ll hear people singing and playing fado music everywhere,” she adds. “There are these weekly sessions called living room sessions which pop up in people’s beautiful homes that are 500 years old, and you walk up the marble steps which are lined with candles into the living room which is also dimly lit with candles, and there’s this rolling, very intimate performance happening where people play, they sing, they recite poetry.”

“It’s like a salon; something which doesn’t really exist in many places anymore – people elsewhere say, “Call my manager, this is how much I charge.” I’m pretty sure in Lisbon people would do these shows and not get paid, they just do them for the love of what they do, and for me, this is glorious and inspiring.”

“On any given night you’ll get a phone call saying these musicians are performing at this house, come by at 11 – everything happens late in Lisbon. Sometimes there would be food, other times there would just be port to drink. (…) Sometimes there would be gypsies flamenco dancing, and a lot of times there would be people playing the music of Cesária Évora, and who knew her.”

https://www.drownedmadonna.com/2018/08/02/madonna-my-album-will-break-the-pattern-thanks-to-lisbons-music-scene/

❤️ Most exciting news about her in years! ❤️

22 hours ago, Andra said:

“a nice antidote to what’s going on in the music business now where everything’s so formulaic, and every song has 20 guest artists on it, and everyone sounds the same.”

that's music to my ears 🙂  this time it's really impossible to imagine what SOUND she will bring. Mirwais & Portuguese soulful music traditions.. just can't wait to hear it!

1 hour ago, Morevi said:

that's music to my ears 🙂  this time it's really impossible to imagine what SOUND she will bring. Mirwais & Portuguese soulful music traditions.. just can't wait to hear it!

this interview sounds very (!!) promising because : 

- she must be proud of it to allow herself to talk about her music that way
- Madonna is no liar and she never overhypes her material (unlike some other reductive wannabe)

I think this new album will mark a new departure: BYE BYE" the hard candy/Rebel Heart/mdna...." 10 years of unworthy of Madonna music. 

I hope she comes back with something more organic and raw !! 

And also, i just hope her voice gets a little bit lower. As she ages, her voice tends to become very high as if mixed with helium...

i would love her to sing with a deeper raw voice: 

i'v always loved Madonna's raw deep voice

17 minutes ago, Django said:

I wouldn't call Hard Candy, MDNA or Rebel Heart UNWORTHY. You don't enjoy them as much as other albums, fine, but that's just YOUR OPINION. 

This is gospel!